Upcoming PokéBeach TCG Activities and Events

RE: Upcoming PB TCG Tournaments and Activities

^Venusaur is Dark Rush, btw.

I could possibly do an article. What kind of articles are you guys interested in?

RE: Upcoming PokéBeach TCG Tournaments and Activities

Why did I say Next Destinies >.<. Anyway, cards in future sets in general would be a good idea. Maybe each member contributes a little to a member-written article?

The Yoshi said:
Why did I say Next Destinies >.<. Anyway, cards in future sets in general would be a good idea. Maybe each member contributes a little to a member-written article?

I always bold what I want to specify and then realize bold is only for mods on this thread

That is a wonderful idea. It could definitely be done, but would require quite a bit of organizing. *volunteers*

If this was to happen, I'd imagine it to be done with a full set rather than something like Dark Rush or Dragon Selection (And thats totally not because I have something planned for those sets anyway). If anyone would be interested, let me know.

Community Article, Article Ideas

Like a Community Decklist except an article?

I could see it being done sort of like a series of CotD, but numerous problems could arise from it.

• Bad reviews
  • Lacking reviews
  • People not turning in reviews
  • Not enough people volunteering

And then organizational problems too.

Good idea, but the following through part will be the tough part.

Glaceon said:

I could see it being done sort of like a series of CotD, but numerous problems could arise from it.

• Bad reviews
  • Lacking reviews

Bad Reviews; If this was to be done, and I was organizing it, I would try and do it in a way like articles are regularly done. All of the reviews are turned in, and then we check them over, and either ask for them to be re-done, or edit them ourselves.

Lacking Reviews; Same as the above.

People Not Turning In Reviews; Yes, this could be a problem, but I mean, I don't forsee people signing up for this article, and not getting the review in, because if someone wants to work on an article, they're pretty dedicated (hopefully)

Not Enough People; We can always split the load among whoever we have.

/solved.

It could be the same as PlayTCG tournaments where people sign up but don't follow through.

Also, if you plan to edit it that much for the really bad reviews, why just not write it yourself?

Glaceon said:
It could be the same as PlayTCG tournaments where people sign up but don't follow through.

Also, if you plan to edit it that much for the really bad reviews, why just not write it yourself?

Haha, stop creating more scenarios for me to destroy >:[

How many "bad reviews" do you expect to get? Assuming we get the people who usually write quality material in the Competitive Collective, I don't see any problems. Editing is really only for minor changes and s/g. If it's that bad, I'd just ask for a re-write, or yeah, I'd do it myself.

We'll never know till we try!

RE: Community Article, Article Ideas

Glaceon said:

• Bad reviews
  • Lacking reviews

I think these are all good concerns, but you missed the biggest one: if you really get a good number of members to contribute to this, who is the article being written for? On PB, we only have a small group of people interested in competitively-oriented articles. I could maybe see an article written by four or so people, but 8+ and you lose a good portion of your audience. I hope I'm not making us sound pathetic...

Celebi23 said:
I think these are all good concerns, but you missed the biggest one: if you really get a good number of members to contribute to this, who is the article being written for? On PokéBeach, we only have a small group of people interested in competitively-oriented articles. I could maybe see an article written by four or so people, but 8+ and you lose a good portion of your audience. I hope I'm not making us sound pathetic...

/PatheticBeach

Anyhoo, you're probably right. We really don't have a large community for this kind of stuff, not on the forum at least. If we were to do it, it would definitely be a small group of people (I actually have them in mind already). We could write the article for the front page audience, since that gets a lot of views and hopefully someone gets something out of it.

So what kind of article would target the largest group of people? I'd say there are still quite a few people targeted by competitive articles though (I understand even more why the ZPST article was declined....)

Since my ideas all end up being half way done when I come up with them

Please, any and all ideas!

RE: Upcoming PB TCG Tournaments and Activities

If there is a member-writen competitive article, I wouldn't mind helping contributing to it, depending on whatthe article is about.

RE: Community Article, Article Ideas

I can see where your concern is coming from Celebi, but I think it really wouldn't be too much of an issue. I mean, some of the articles on the site right now have thousands of views, so 10 writers wouldn't take a large bite out of our viewing audience. Does this mean I feel we should have that many people working on an article? No. It isn't needed, if you reach out and contact members in the community, they will most likely be honored, and not want to mess up the opportunity to have their views being heard on a large scale.

As for card or deck reviews, I don't think anyone really cares. They are a dime a dozen, everyone who is going to take the time to read a 5 to 6 page long article off of a Pokémon forum is probably going to understand how the deck or card works, and they will have already developed their own views on the topic. I think we need more original, and maybe more opinionated articles. It provokes more discussion, and gives people an interesting read, as opposed to more walls of text that people don‘t read because they already have a firm grasp on something that is designed to be educational. I am much more like to comment on an article about where the metagame is going after cities or something, than a Chandelure deck analysis. It is promotes more educated discussion, and people are more likely to read an article when there are a lot of comments. Just my view there, as for the original content, I’m kind of drawing a blank.

How about a States article? Then you have Glaceon, Vulpix Yolk, Zorua and I do it (since I don't consider Professors to be members). Just a thought. Maybe we do that, and then other members can whip up another one.

Vulpix Yolk said:
As for card or deck reviews, I don't think anyone really cares. They are a dime a dozen, everyone who is going to take the time to read a 5 to 6 page long article off of a Pokémon forum is probably going to understand how the deck or card works, and they will have already developed their own views on the topic. I think we need more original, and maybe more opinionated articles. It provokes more discussion, and gives people an interesting read, as opposed to more walls of text that people don‘t read because they already have a firm grasp on something that is designed to be educational. I am much more like to comment on an article about where the metagame is going after cities or something, than a Chandelure deck analysis. It is promotes more educated discussion, and people are more likely to read an article when there are a lot of comments. Just my view there, as for the original content, I’m kind of drawing a blank.

Deck reviews are already not allowed.

Also, if you look at accepted article so far, you will notice that most of them (Excluding VG - I have no clue what I am reading there) are "in general concepts". The meta in general.

When I read that it sounds to me as if you think "why write competitive articles because the player base aimed at already knows everything".

A states article is good, but we should probably wait to get a better meta sense.

I'm just posting to let you guys know we're starting a PlayTCG Gym Challenge. There will be eight gym leaders who accept challenges. If you beat all eight gym leaders, you win the gym challenges. That will not be an easy task.

This should go live in a couple weeks.

Celebi23 said:
I'm just posting to let you guys know we're starting a PlayTCG Gym Challenge. There will be eight gym leaders who accept challenges. If you beat all eight gym leaders, you win the gym challenges. That will not be an easy task.

The decks will be a combination of Unique and Metagame. Beware of us.

Celebi23 said:

This sounds very fun. I'm guessing it will be 2/3, and you can only play them once?

alexmf2 said:
This sounds very fun. I'm guessing it will be 2/3, and you can only play them once?

This will be exactly like the VG Gym Challenge. Best of 1, and you can rechallenge after a certain period of time.

Woah, you guys actually used my idea of a gym challenge. I can see two problems with this.

1) Gym leaders won't have the time to do multiple matches. Maybe they can prove me wrong, but TCG matches take much longer than VG matches, which generally take 5-10 mins. at most (unless each player have identical Ferros at the end lol). TCG matches can take 20-30 mins. per game, so I don't see how gym leaders will be able to fulfill their conditions to play so and so matches.

2) It's unfortunate that something like this can't be done in a different format, since there would probably be more options creativity-wise. If gym leaders are required to use the same deck, members will likely use decks to counter them (not saying that the gym leaders still can't win; they probably would anyway lol)

Who are the gym leaders again?

The Yoshi said:
Woah, you guys actually used my idea of a gym challenge. I can see two problems with this.

1) Gym leaders won't have the time to do multiple matches. Maybe they can prove me wrong, but TCG matches take much longer than VG matches, which generally take 5-10 mins. at most (unless each player have identical Ferros at the end lol). TCG matches can take 20-30 mins. per game, so I don't see how gym leaders will be able to fulfill their conditions to play so and so matches.

2) It's unfortunate that something like this can't be done in a different format, since there would probably be more options creativity-wise. If gym leaders are required to use the same deck, members will likely use decks to counter them (not saying that the gym leaders still can't win; they probably would anyway lol)

Who are the gym leaders again?

We are only doing best of 1. We have answers to all of the other problems, but you will see them when the Gym Challenges start.

The leaders are:
iisnumber12
Celebi23
Glaceon
Riskbreakers
Zorua
HenryP
Vulpix Yolk
ESP

Back