Upcoming PokéBeach TCG Activities and Events

I really don't know what you guys are planning for this, but here is my thoughts: There should be some way to challenge a gym leader for their rank. In the manga and Anime it was made clear that trainers who wanted to be gym leaders only had to beat the leaders to take over their spot. There should be limits for it (The challenger needs so many posts and so many months active), but I think it would be nice for people who envy gym leaders to get a shot at it. Also if a gym leader is feeling that Gym leading is getting tiresome they could pass it off to someone else quickly. I know I would enjoy having the chance to become a gym leader. Just something to think about for you guys...

dirupti said:
There should be some way to challenge a gym leader for their rank. In the manga and Anime it was made clear that trainers who wanted to be gym leaders only had to beat the leaders to take over their spot. There should be limits for it (The challenger needs so many posts and so many months active), but I think it would be nice for people who envy gym leaders to get a shot at it. Also if a gym leader is feeling that Gym leading is getting tiresome they could pass it off to someone else quickly. I know I would enjoy having the chance to become a gym leader. Just something to think about for you guys...

We already have a few subs.

I'm not talking about subs. That's not at all what I meant by the above. If that is the way you guys want to do it then I'd make sub registration open to the public, but it would of course could still have high standards. The applied subs could go through a background check to check their mettle. My thoughts, take 'em or leave 'em. I'd just really like to get a shot at gym leader status in the distant future.

dirupti said:
I'm not talking about subs. That's not at all what I meant by the above. If that is the way you guys want to do it then I'd make sub registration open to the public, but it would of course could still have high standards. The applied subs could go through a background check to check their mettle. My thoughts, take 'em or leave 'em. I'd just really like to get a shot at gym leader status in the distant future.

Maybe we could try that in a later season, but we already agreed to have only 8 Gyms and a few Mods/Smods are already next in line if someone resigns.

Just a minor update. I combined the Pokémon Leagues and Local Tournaments sub-forums in Organized Play into one forum because neither was active enough to have its own forum.

(If you guys haven't noticed, we'll be using this thread for minor updates in the TCG section now too.)

We combined most of the Organized Play & Reports sub-forums into one big forum (the main forum). This should make the site load faster and make that part of the forum look cleaner.

Also, a little late on this one, but for those of you who didn't know, we got rid of Team White and Team Black.

I think a way of incorporate Dirupti's want to become a gym leader of sorts without making an active Gym Leader give up their spot would be to implement a champion. Perhaps the first person to beat all 8 gyms (assuming someone can) becomes the first champion, and after that you need to beat all 8 gyms to challenge the champion, then if you beat the champion you become the new champion. I know that I for one would be motivated to try harder if there was a reward of sorts to beating the Gym Leaders (holding a spot of your own).

That sounds very interesting, but I would probably make it so that the challenger could only face the champion once as well, so that the champion is not always bombarded by requests to play. I like the idea a lot though, it would make me more motivated as well.

Dark Void said:
I think a way of incorporate Dirupti's want to become a gym leader of sorts without making an active Gym Leader give up their spot would be to implement a champion. Perhaps the first person to beat all 8 gyms (assuming someone can) becomes the first champion, and after that you need to beat all 8 gyms to challenge the champion, then if you beat the champion you become the new champion. I know that I for one would be motivated to try harder if there was a reward of sorts to beating the Gym Leaders (holding a spot of your own).

The problem is there is a lot of organization and it involves being a contributor. We can't give a gym to someone just because they beat 8 people. They will get credit, but not a gym.

alexmf2 said:
That sounds very interesting, but I would probably make it so that the challenger could only face the champion once as well, so that the champion is not always bombarded by requests to play. I like the idea a lot though, it would make me more motivated as well.

The only problem with this is if one player draws bad the one game. When gyms were run for VG I was the second person to defeat all the gyms and had only one chance to defeat the champion. It really isn't fair when you consider the amount of luck involved. I think a week would be a reasonable amount of time to have to wait.

Yeah, I definitely think we should implement a Champion.

I'll run it by Celebi.

I am going to sticky this thread so it gets the attention it needs.

Do what you want, but just so you know, the reason I unstuck it was because I made this thread. Pretty much everything I was putting here I could put there instead.

Back