Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
Alleged leaks from 4chan:

Giratina VSTAR. VSTAR, Psychic, 280HP

[P][C][C] Lost Turmoil 100+
This attack does 30 more damage for each Pokémon in each player's Lost Zone.

VSTAR POWER
Ability: Star Abyss
During your turn, you may use this Ability. Each player put Pokémon from their bench into the Lost Zone until they have 3. Discard all cards attached to them. Your opponent does the effect first. Then, draw a card for each Pokémon put into the Lost Zone this way. (You can’t use more than 1 VSTAR Power in a game.)

Weakness: Darkness x2
Resistance: Fighting -30
Retreat: 2

Lost Blender. Trainer, Item

Put 2 cards from your hand in the Lost Zone. If you do, draw a card.

You may play any number of Item cards during your turn.

Spiritomb V. Basic, Psychic, 180HP

Ability: Lost End
When a Pokémon with a Rule Box in play or a card attached to a Pokémon is discarded by the effect of a Supporter Card played from the hand (both yours or your opponent's), you may decide to put it in the Lost Zone instead. (Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes.)

[P][C] Curse of Lost
Put a damage counter on your opponent's Pokémon in any way your like for each card you have in the Lost Zone.

Retreat: 1

Fantina. Trainer, Supporter

Choose up to 2 of your Pokémon V. For each of those Pokémon, search your deck for a [P] Energy card and attach it to that Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck. Then, if you have 5 cards or more in the Lost Zone, draw 3 cards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn.
If this is true, this is insane. Having a reprint of lost blender would be insane synergy with anything lost zone.
I don't take 4chan too seriously tho...

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Not exactly. The 3 extra boosters must be given to any player participating (or buying) the Pre-Release kit with participating Leagues or Stores. So, in short, the kit is: 1 Build & Battle Box + 3 additional boosters per player.
This isn't true, or at least wasn't true pre-pandemic and also wasn't true during the pandemic. It's possible post-reopening of events that will change, I don't know.

During the pandemic, the prize support was 100% up to store discretion - they don't have to give it to you at all. Some stores simply sold the B&B boxes and kept the booster box for normal booster pack sales (or opened it for singles or whatever).

Pre pandemic, the requirement was to give out 3 packs per player, but not specifically 3 to each player - that was the recommendation, but not a requirement, and stores could do things like "2 per player plus 1 in a prize pool for the top players", many did.

Source: Pokemon documentation sent to League Owners/Leaders pre/during pandemic.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
I wonder if this means SWSH12 will also have a delayed release and maybe we get a matching release with VSTAR Universe, in the hopes of avoid repeating the issue we had with all the missing Tag All Stars cards.

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if this means SWSH12 will also have a delayed release and maybe we get a matching release with VSTAR Universe, in the hopes of avoid repeating the issue we had with all the missing Tag All Stars cards.
This is a possibility, although I think VSTAR Universe will be more of a reprint set than anything. There are a few arts that we have that Japan doesn't (Lucario V FA for example). We'll just have to see.

The Blast Boys

Aspiring Trainer

VSTAR POWER
During your turn, you may use this Ability. Each player put Pokémon from their bench into the Lost Zone until they have 3. Discard all cards attached to them. Your opponent does the effect first. Then, draw a card for each Pokémon put into the Lost Zone this way. (You can’t use more than 1 VSTAR Power in a game.)

When a Pokémon with a Rule Box in play or a card attached to a Pokémon is discarded by the effect of a Supporter Card played from the hand (both yours or your opponent's), you may decide to put it in the Lost Zone instead. (Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes.)

[P][C] Curse of Lost
Put a damage counter on your opponent's Pokémon in any way your like for each card you have in the Lost Zone.

Choose up to 2 of your Pokémon V. For each of those Pokémon, search your deck for a [P] Energy card and attach it to that Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck. Then, if you have 5 cards or more in the Lost Zone, draw 3 cards.

Damn that sounds awesome if true. Love all the Lost Zone support.

Ignoramus

Aspiring Trainer
PokeBeach is almost 20 years old. There's no one else in the world who has been covering the Pokemon TCG for even a small fraction of that. :) I suggest you look through our news archives if you want to check our reliability -- you'll find over 10,000 news stories going back to 2003.
You still haven't answered the question. Your age doesn't give us any information regarding the veracity of these posts.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Pre release works like any other TCG.
There are pre-release kits (Build and Battle boxes) which serve as the first time you can get your hands on the cards, sold at Organised Play locations usually in conjunction with a casual pre-release tournament.
The boxes have a 40 card pre-con, include 1 of 4 promo cards stamped with the sets logo, and 4 boosters.
Typically you will also get 3 additional boosters which each store will use differently, either as a straight up addition to the purchase in the pre-release window, some use them as prizing for tournaments on the day, or *another* option. Each store varies.

Hope this helps.
This does help, thanks for sharing.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
You can sometimes find booster boxes on Target or Walmart, but they're generally through a third party and marked up quite a bit.
I see, so the TCG stores (or online) are the best options for booster box. I want to save up for Lost Origin, but the store near me sells booster boxes at least $15.00 more compare to the lowest online. Thanks for the info.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I have two hypothesis in regard to the delay. This is happening to yugioh cards too, since last year they push their product to later release date. I read that lack of materials to produce these products because cargos are not operating (perhaps short of labor?). So I am guessing pokemon is going through the same situation. My other hypothesis is TPCi is countering scalpers by overproduction. Recall that Evolving Skies is getting reprinted (or already reprinted).

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer

VSTAR POWER

[P][C] Curse of Lost

If this is true Fantina is absolutely disgusting. I love it.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I have two hypothesis in regard to the delay. This is happening to yugioh cards too, since last year they push their product to later release date. I read that lack of materials to produce these products because cargos are not operating (perhaps short of labor?). So I am guessing pokemon is going through the same situation. My other hypothesis is TPCi is countering scalpers by overproduction. Recall that Evolving Skies is getting reprinted (or already reprinted).
Plausible, or they decided to not sync with Japan's rotation last minute for worlds.

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
If this is true, this is insane. Having a reprint of lost blender would be insane synergy with anything lost zone.
I don't take 4chan too seriously tho...
It seems I was right... giratina vstar was revealed, and they don't match. Don't trust 4chan...