Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We’ve confirmed with multiple sources that Lost Origin, our SWSH11 set, will release internationally on September 9th. This release date breaks convention, as our summer sets have always released in August. We’re not sure why it’s a few weeks later than usual.
With a September 9th release, prereleases should start two weeks before on August 26th. This means Lost Origin won’t be legal for Worlds, which takes place August 18th through 21st.
As we posted months ago, Lost Origin features Giratina Origin Forme VSTAR, Hisuian Zoroark VSTAR, Enamorus V, and Brilliant Gardevoir. It will be based on May’s Dark Phantasma and July’s Lost Abyss. Both Lost Abyss and Lost Origin haven’t been...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
It's likely releasing later to dodge Worlds more, with Lost Origin Prerelease events able to be held just a week after Worlds; August 26th.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I want to know where the missing Pokemon Vs in Astral Radiance, namely Virizion V and Jirachi V (Regular), and Palkia and Dialga V (FAs). Maybe on those promos, idk. Few days ago, Pokemon Center .com accidentally posted the Lost Origin Build & Battle Stadium kit back image on the ASR B&BS kit section

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
So do Japanese players get access to 2 or 3 more sets at every world competition?

No idea about these things.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Fun fact: this date was already basically revealed by PTCGLive's Battle Pass, but of course nobody paid attention to that because everyone either had already abandoned the app in the hope it would get cancelled, or assumed it was just another bug. Lol

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Can one of you clarify me about pre-release? So basically, you can purchase products before the official release. I read that they can only be found on stores that host tournament. I am not sure how this work. Can we pre-order pre-release?

machamps_fifth_hand

Aspiring Trainer
I want to know where the missing Pokemon Vs in Astral Radiance, namely Virizion V and Jirachi V (Regular), and Palkia and Dialga V (FAs). Maybe on those promos, idk. Few days ago, Pokemon Center .com accidentally posted the Lost Origin Build & Battle Stadium kit back image on the ASR B&BS kit section
We could get a Virizion V & Jirachi V Battle Deck in the future. Plus the Ursaluna V, Infernape V, Corocoro Pikachu VMAX are missing as well

Ignoramus

Aspiring Trainer
"We’ve confirmed with multiple sources"

What sources? Where do you get this information from? How do we know you aren't pulling this from your behind?

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
"We’ve confirmed with multiple sources"

What sources? Where do you get this information from? How do we know you aren't pulling this from your behind?
PokeBeach is almost 20 years old. There's no one else in the world who has been covering the Pokemon TCG for even a small fraction of that. :) I suggest you look through our news archives if you want to check our reliability -- you'll find over 10,000 news stories going back to 2003.

Missingno650

Missingno Master
Advanced Member
Does Target, Walmart, or Gamestop sell booster boxes? I am trying to avoid ordering online.
I can confirm that Gamestop does not sell booster boxes. The best they sell is Elite Trainer Boxes. I can not however speak for Target or Walmart, but I don't think they do either. I usually buy my booster boxes directly from Pokemon via the Pokemon Center website. Source: I work at Gamestop.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I can confirm that Gamestop does not sell booster boxes. The best they sell is Elite Trainer Boxes. I can not however speak for Target or Walmart, but I don't think they do either. I usually buy my booster boxes directly from Pokemon via the Pokemon Center website. Source: I work at Gamestop.
Thank you very much for the information.

Adman2099

Aspiring Trainer
Can one of you clarify me about pre-release? So basically, you can purchase products before the official release. I read that they can only be found on stores that host tournament. I am not sure how this work. Can we pre-order pre-release?
Pre release works like any other TCG.
There are pre-release kits (Build and Battle boxes) which serve as the first time you can get your hands on the cards, sold at Organised Play locations usually in conjunction with a casual pre-release tournament.
The boxes have a 40 card pre-con, include 1 of 4 promo cards stamped with the sets logo, and 4 boosters.
Typically you will also get 3 additional boosters which each store will use differently, either as a straight up addition to the purchase in the pre-release window, some use them as prizing for tournaments on the day, or *another* option. Each store varies.

Hope this helps.

damsoldier

sup
Alleged leaks from 4chan:

Giratina VSTAR. VSTAR, Psychic, 280HP

[P][C][C] Lost Turmoil 100+
This attack does 30 more damage for each Pokémon in each player's Lost Zone.

VSTAR POWER
Ability: Star Abyss
During your turn, you may use this Ability. Each player put Pokémon from their bench into the Lost Zone until they have 3. Discard all cards attached to them. Your opponent does the effect first. Then, draw a card for each Pokémon put into the Lost Zone this way. (You can’t use more than 1 VSTAR Power in a game.)

Weakness: Darkness x2
Resistance: Fighting -30
Retreat: 2

Lost Blender. Trainer, Item

Put 2 cards from your hand in the Lost Zone. If you do, draw a card.

You may play any number of Item cards during your turn.

Spiritomb V. Basic, Psychic, 180HP

Ability: Lost End
When a Pokémon with a Rule Box in play or a card attached to a Pokémon is discarded by the effect of a Supporter Card played from the hand (both yours or your opponent's), you may decide to put it in the Lost Zone instead. (Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes.)

[P][C] Curse of Lost
Put a damage counter on your opponent's Pokémon in any way your like for each card you have in the Lost Zone.

Weakness: Darkness x2
Resistance: Fighting -30
Retreat: 1

Fantina. Trainer, Supporter

Choose up to 2 of your Pokémon V. For each of those Pokémon, search your deck for a [P] Energy card and attach it to that Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck. Then, if you have 5 cards or more in the Lost Zone, draw 3 cards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
That's a first for Pokémon, pushing the set's release date BACK by a fortnight. Something must have gone wrong with the Lost Abyss set in Japan.

Yoan Sanchhez

Aspiring Trainer
Pre release works like any other TCG.
-snip-
Typically you will also get 3 additional boosters which each store will use differently, either as a straight up addition to the purchase in the pre-release window, some use them as prizing for tournaments on the day, or *another* option. Each store varies.

Hope this helps.
Not exactly. The 3 extra boosters must be given to any player participating (or buying) the Pre-Release kit with participating Leagues or Stores. So, in short, the kit is: 1 Build & Battle Box + 3 additional boosters per player.