Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Update (12/17): The card has been selling on auction websites for around $1,300.
An unprecedented error has occurred! The official Japanese Pokemon TCG website has issued an apology regarding a misprinted Victini V promo that was handed out to players at the Championship Series 2022 tournament in Kyoto.
Some background first. There are currently two unique Victini V cards with their own attacks, as you can see below in English. It’s one of the few Pokemon V to have two completely different cards. Players were supposed to receive the right-hand one with a special stamp.

Victini-V-Battle-Styles-143x200.jpg

Victini V from Battle Styles

Victini-V-143x200.jpg

Victini V Promo

However, players received an accidental “hybrid” version: a card with the left one’s attacks and right one’s illustration...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
I'd bet this was a delibrate mistake from Pokemon's behalf to make this misprint worth money

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Why wouldn’t it be legal tho? It’s got the same attacks and legality block as one Victiny - only difference is the artwork. Maybe so there’s no confusion for the opponent?
Absolutely, imagine playing three "correct" Victinis and one misprinted one, and then pulling a "this one actually has different attacks but you didn't notice". Anyone would assume they are all the same card.

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
Why wouldn’t it be legal tho? It’s got the same attacks and legality block as one Victiny - only difference is the artwork. Maybe so there’s no confusion for the opponent?
Not only artwork, but both cards have the same set number.

This is a card(s) I need for my collection, I love neat errors like these!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
When youre opponent does not paying attention they are accountable. Psyching out your opponent is a legit tactic
That's not remotely comparable. There is no skill in using two identical-looking cards and then going into insane rules-lawyering that it's your opponent's fault they didn't notice one is a misprint. There is absolutely no benefit gained from keeping this card legal.

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
Hey at least it was the same Pokémon, *looks at Vanguard's Dailander retrain* though that's not worth anything it was in a booster as a common, if anything the fixed card is rarer.

FilpACoin

The Best Typo
It's supposed to be a different card: they meant to give away the other Victini, and I think they want the situation to be equivalent to having given them the correct card (just with some funny, non-legal thing accidentally received). It also has the wrong printing information (most importantly, it says E instead of D as part of the error). I imagine they would be fine with it otherwise. It's also exclusive and a significant misprint, so it would be crazy expensive if it were usable.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
It's supposed to be a different card: they meant to give away the other Victini, and I think they want the situation to be equivalent to having given them the correct card (just with some funny, non-legal thing accidentally received). It also has the wrong printing information (most importantly, it says E instead of D as part of the error). I imagine they would be fine with it otherwise. It's also exclusive and a significant misprint, so it would be crazy expensive if it were usable.
The legality block (E) matches the rest of the card information, so that wouldn't be the issue. I understand your other points, though.