Pokemon "Unpopular" Pokémon You Like?

RE: Do you like any unpopular Pokémon?

I don't know how unpopular Granbull is, but after using it in my Y play through, I just love it so much :D

I don't know if its considered "unpopular" or anything of the sort, but I really find Joltik to be adorable. Something about the tiny little thing and the big blue eyes draws me to it. ;w;

I always liked Driftblim. Balloons, hot air balloons, and blimps were always interesting to me. Plus, it has got a pretty cool hidden ability which is pretty under used...

Uh Joltik is like one of the most popular gen 5 Pokémon for what I have seen on the Internet.

The Klinklang line is my favorite unpopular evolution. I am fascinated by how machinery looks, and the concept of Klinklang is very simple yet efficient in this regard. It's perfect for getting the point across. Getting access to two signature moves also helped me like it. In the middle of this year, I found a "find-your-Pokémon-soulmate" quiz online and got Klang. :) I've been fascinated with this line since the first screenshots of B/W came out, even if they have less-than-desirable English names (which allowed me to come up with the awesome nickname Shagahad for my first competitive one).

Some people don't like the Swirlex or Spritzee lines. But, they have grown on me (see my lovely Slurpuff avatar).

I have heard people saying bad things about Zorua and Zoroark now that Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are out; however, they were actually my favorite Pokemon in Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. They still are my favorites and ones that I still use, so it pains me much to hear such vile things being said about them. ;~;

Well, I absolutely love Mewtwo, and he got voted out right quickly in the hurt/heal game. So I guess he's at least unpopular here.

I know at least 3 people on this website who would give away every cent they own for the chance of owning a Dunsparce, so there's really no such thing as an unpopular Pokemon in my eyes.

Reggie McGigas said:
-Klink line - I just like their design. Many people hate metallic inanimate Pokemon, but I like all inanimate designs so far
-Vanilite line - It's living ice cream. I don't know why people don't like it
-Reshiram - 99% of people seem to like Zekrom more than Reshiram, but I disagree! Reshiram looks like a cool looking god Pokemon.
-Magnemite line - See klink line
-Litwick line - see klink line
-Klefki - I just looooove using this guy to troll the Kalos Leauge Gym Leaders. ParaSwagger then Sub + Foul Play FTW

Ultimate Reshiram and Zekrom! I don't think that the percentage is actually 99, I think that their even, by my experience.

The majority of people I know prefer Reshiram over Zekrom, I'm with Zekrom! I tend to like electric type Pokémon more than fire types. (Hence my name)

Two Kalos region Pokémon that I love, who seem to have a lot of haters right now, are Avalugg and Diggersby.
I think they're awesome, Avalugg is an icy Gigalith! Both Avalugg and Gigalith are beasts, and Diggersby, while it may look lame. I think that it is a creative idea for a Pokémon. It's face is what probably makes it look as weird as it does, and maybe even it's color combination. I like it's shiny coloring more, seems more fitting seeing that it's based on a bunny.

Was it a giant Avalugg that sunk the Titanic? hmmmm....

Do people like Pokemon for their looks or power? I don't believe that's the way to judge.
I say a Pokemon is a Pokemon and is special and amazing for whom it is.

I like Zubat. I know it gets a ton of hate for attacking players every three steps, whenever they go into a
cave, but I just like Zubat. I prefer it and its evolutions to the bird Pokemon. Sure, it doesn't learn Wing Attack until Lv. 17, but when I'd pick up a weak Zubat before the second Gym in Emerald or SoulSilver, and train it until that little Zubat knew Wing Attack. I'm pretty sure that in most of my playthroughs on all my games, I've kept a Zubat and used it more often than the starter Pokemon for each game. It's a lot of work, but it's like a "labor of love," I guess.

I have a crush on Masquerain and Delibird. It sounds weird, but I don't understand why so many people dislike them. Sure, they aren't any top tier competitive Pokemon, but their designs are so awesome!

:)

RE: Do You Like any Unpopular Pokémon?

Meganium, Entei seems to get less love than Raikou and Suicune from the fandom but I love that kitty.

I also don't see enough love for Braviary (my favorite flying-type!)

Does this make them unpopular, though? Braviary isn't a fan favorite, but I wouldn't say it falls under the unpopular category. And all the dogs are quite popular among the fandom.

This goes for everyone. Unpopular Pokemon aren't all Pokemon that aren't favored by the majority of the fandom. Unpopular Pokemon are those that aren't liked by the majority of the fandom. Think of these cases.

Actually, there is no unpopular (but it's not up to me to decide) Pokemon to me (I may have mentioned this quite a bit in other posts). To me, all Pokemon are unique. Some people hate them for being... different? Strange? Looking 'uncool'? But if they are based on other Pokemon, people would criticize and say they are 'copying' other Pokemon and they are 'unoriginal'. It's usually Pokemon based on inanimate objects that receive most criticism, however I believe that they are all unique and amazing in one way.

Another post above about Zekrom being liked more 99% of the time than Reshiram, I do not believe this is the case. Even though I love Zekrom (my favourite Pokemon) more, my twin sister loves Reshiram (her favourite Pokemon) more and I would say there would be more of a distinct difference with the percentage of people liking both amazing dragon Pokemon.

FoxFire said:
AlexanderTheAwesome said:
They just don't get it DNA, Prankster is amazing
I bet one of them that my perfect klefki could sweep 4 of the pokemon on their team and we're battling next week. Lol they aren't competitive battlers so they don't understand sheer power,

So I guess you could say that this Pokemon ...
*puts on shades*
... is the key to victory.
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

You sir have just made my day.

As for a Pokemon not many people like that I like... I'm not sure about alot of them. I guess Stantler or Sawsbuck maybe? I just love deer.

Cinesra said:
I hear a lot of hate for Rhyperior, but I think it looks kinda cool. It's sorta fat, and it is pretty different from Rhydon, but I don't think it's that bad. People talk about the arms being weird, but the elbows don't bother me.

Same here. I like Rhyperior, and I think his design is one of the most unique from Gen. 4. However, I'm not fond of his cards in the TCG. The XY print is near-useless, once you notice Plasma Vanilluxe and Sword Aegislash, which are only Tier 3 cards at best.

TokenDuelist said:
Meganium, Entei seems to get less love than Raikou and Suicune from the fandom but I love that kitty.

I also don't see enough love for Braviary (my favorite flying-type!)

Entei may not be a favorite in the fan community, but nintendo and Game Freak think otherwise... (Cough, Smash Bros, Cough,)

Nidorino. The first Pokémon card I ever owned was a shadowless nidorino from base set. I loved that card! I also had a figurine of nidorino as well.

Back