Ruling Unown G?

Tsukeo

Skitty is so cute! <3
Hey, here are some pokemon im wondering if it blocks:

Raichu's Voltage Shoot?
Machamp's Basic Killa' :p
Kingdra's Water Pump (whatsoever)
Regigiggas Lv. X's attack (not under, Regigigas himself.)

It blocks effects of attacks (like machamps auto ko of basics and other effects like status conditions or placing damage counters) but not damage.

It doesn't block raichu or kingdra (damage), but it does block machamp (effect). It doesn't block regigigas either because that effect isn't targeting the pokemon unown G would be attached to.

Basically, the way to find out all of these details is to look at the card. If it says damage, it isn't blocked. Anything else (Damage counters, special conditions, discarding energy, etc.) is blocked. Electivire LV. X and Pachirisu still can't discard it because the effect of the attack is discarding it, whuch Unknown G blocks.

^But not to the Pokemon with Unwon G. A Claydol would be able to work even with Gardevoir's Psychic Lock if it had Unown G attached to it.

Zyflair said:
^But not to the Pokemon with Unwon G. A Claydol would be able to work even with Gardevoir's Psychic Lock if it had Unown G attached to it.

Incorrect. Psychic Lock doesnt target Claydol, it targets the opponent. Powers then get locked.

Tsk, I've reread Gardevoir and it only targets the opponent. My bad.

I think Unown G and Bibarel´s Unaware needs an own rulebook...
But if the effect of the attack is damage, Like Octillery´s Aqua Liner, I would prevent it, right??

Damage is damage, whether it comes from the number to the right or from an effect in the attack text.

Unown G and Bibarel do not prevent damage.

So can you hit a opponet's bench pokemon with Unown G attach. With Kingdra's Dragon Pump and hit it with the 20.

Blastoise_Trainer said:
So can you hit a opponet's bench pokemon with Unown G attach. With Kingdra's Dragon Pump and hit it with the 20.
Like Kaga said, damage is damage. Imagion a 20 next to Kingdra's Dragon Pump along with the normal damage. Would that 20 be negated by unown G? Figure it out. :)

Just to assure...
Can Unown G allowed Torterra to use Frenzy Plant in two turns continuously? Same goes to Regigigas Lv.X...

So the 20 of kingdra's attack still hits your opponent and what about Abomasnow can he still hit a Pokemon with Unown G attach to it with his attack Snow Play. If you can answer this question with a yes or no and explain a little please thank you.

Snow Play deals damage to the bench, so no, it would not be prevented by Unown G. Any time an atack deals damage it is not prevented, even damage dealt to the bench.

So Unown G only protects a pokemon from
"putting damage counters" Ex: Dustnoir
"Effects from a attack" Ex: Machamp
Is this right??

Back