• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Unlimited Venusaur SV/Reuniclus BW idea.

Ekklesia

Aspiring Trainer
After seeing the scan for the Dark Explorers Venusaur, I was suddenly re-hyped on my all time favorite Pokemon, Venusaur. I just got back in the TCG right before Noble Victories hit stores so I didn't have a good idea what former sets consisted. After getting all stoked on Venusaur, I did a search of pre-meta Venusaur cards. I found the Supreme Victors Venusaur and decided I really liked it, and that it may be a great anti-Chandalure deck, or any other special condition based decks. Since Venusaur SV has to be down 8 counters before it becomes amazing in the active position, I pondered ways where I could keep it at 60HP consistently. I came up with Reuniclus BW to move counters all around, and figured I'd use another tech of some kind to heal off the extra damage counters.

It occurred to me that two stage 2 lines as mostly techs (Venusaur is half used as a tech) may be a little much. However, I thought if I could find a decent basic or stage 1 {G} type that I could make it work. Another option would be to find another card to shield the active Pokemon so Reuniclus could better protect Venusaur.

How realistic is a deck like this? What other cards could be used?

The bottom line is, I love Venusaur, and the SV card of him. That being said, I wouldn't sacrifice the Venusaur line in this deck.

Keeping your main attacker at 60 HP is a risky play. Special Conditions are fun, but don't mean much when your opponent can just evolve or switch out of them (as a fan of SV Venusaur and inflicting Special Conditions in general, I know how frustrating this is). You'd be better off abusing high-powered Special Reactions and utilizing techs to help maximize your damage:

Skuntank G can poison if you have a Stadium in play
Flareon ex inflicts Burn and Confuse upon evolution
Flareon * inflicts Burn when you put it on your Bench
Espeon * inflicts Confuse when you put it on your Bench

Hope this helps.

I see your point about evolving and switching. That Skuntank G looks pretty awesome too. When a stadium is play, is it automatically considered "yours" since it's not really in either of the players control? That would make him much more efficient. I also just received just remembered I have Amoongus ND which has a very similar Poke-power to Flareon EX.

What If I ran something like:

3-2-3 Venusaur SV
2-2-2 Reuniclus BW
2-2 Amoongus, or 2 Skuntank + Stadiums

Another thing I thought of was adding something like Verizion NV (because he would benefit from Venusaur's Poke-body) to damage the opponent's attacker, use a bench tech to special condition them (Amoongus/Skuntank G, etc.), and them swing in with Venusaur after counters were moved over from Reuniclus. Does this sound like a viable plan? It is a lot of Pokemon to throw in...

A stadium us "yours" when you own it. So if you put the Stadium in play, its yours. An example would be if you put Stadium A in play, you could use Skuntank G's power. Then if your opponent put Stadium B in play, you could NOT use Skuntank G's PokePower.

By the way, Wigglytuff GE's PokePower automatically puts the opponent to sleep.

amoongus would be better imo as you can use supporter like Mr. Britney's Compassion and also seeker that could give you a chance to donk.. and higher damage since it inflict 2 condition.. you can also play sunflora to search them out and 1-1 or 2-2 line porygon2..

venasour x said:
A stadium us "yours" when you own it. So if you put the Stadium in play, its yours. An example would be if you put Stadium A in play, you could use Skuntank G's power. Then if your opponent put Stadium B in play, you could NOT use Skuntank G's PokePower.

By the way, Wigglytuff GE's PokePower automatically puts the opponent to sleep.

That is good to know. Also that Wigglytuff would sure be cool as well considering Venusaur can't even be affected my special conditions.

shiwei87tan - I'll probably use some Seeker like you mentioned, and maybe throw SSU in there as well. Would it be worth it to add BTS in there for picking Pokemon up?

Yes play BTS. BTS is always good in decks which play alot of evolution lines. I would suggest you add at least 1 Venusaur SW as it has a Poké-Power which allows you to flip a coin and if it's head you can choose to either burn, poison or put your opponents defending pokemon to sleep. Helps to pile on the special conditions to take down those peksy high HP Pokemon. I would honestly play more Wigglytuff GE over Amoonguss or just not play Amoongus at all purely because of the fact that you can use Wigglytuff's Poké-Power everyturn without needing a SSU or Seeker in hand to reuse it (Unlike Amoonguss) which would take up roughly 6-8 spaces in the deck which is alot of space and thats not inlcuding the VS Seeker to retrieve supporters (mainly seeker) or Junk Arm to retrieve items (SSU).

Get rid of the Reuniclus. I know it's used to keep Venusaur SV alive to a point where Desperate poison can be used but you may get to a point where you'll have to move damage to your benched pokemon and you won't have anyway to heal them. You'd be better off throwing in a Claydol GE which will speed up the deck as this deck needs alot on the field to get things going. Plus you should only be using Desperate poison if you wish to conserve energy and place them onto a benched Venusaur (Shaymin UL would be nice here)

If you can, be sure to play the Crystal Guardians Bulbasaur (#46) is has a self charging attack which it can used turn 1 which is good considering Venusaur's hefty attack cost (Special Reaction should be your main focus anyway)

Back