• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Umbreon Enershut *Super Updated*

aishen

Look who's back!
ah! after 2 years of not playing i'm back :D First deck since BW was released. Any help would be appreciated :) I'm still adjusting to the format

U P D A T E : fixed T/S lines and added some pokemons for added consistency, elaborated strategy a bit.

umbreshut

4-4 Umbreon #61 *DE*
2 Darkrai EX *DE*
2 Sableye *DE*
2 victini NV #14
1 Mewtwo EX *ND*

4 crushing hammer
4 dark patch
3 enhanced hammer
3 skyla
2 dark claw
3 pokemon catcher
3 juniper
3 N
2 super rod
2 tool scrapper
2 pokemon comm.
2 level ball

7 dark
3 DCE
2 prism

STRATEGY : use umbreon's second attack plus hammers to remove energies. his first attack (confuse ray) is very convenient - 1 for colorless and a 20 damage plus confuse.Dark claw is an item which is very effective for offense. a plus 20 attack is like having an expert belt (without the +20 Hp and the +1 prize card effect) with that attached, you can do 40 + confuse with only 1 colorless energy which is very good. Darkrai EX for easy field control and acts a second attacker if I needed a heavy hit. mewtwo for extra backup in case needed. sableye is for maintaining the hammers (works in mid game or late). Victini for assist of umbreons coinflip. T/S lines are self explanatory. DCE helps me activate shadow shutdown faster and also assists x ball prisms for psydrive if ever needed or for darkrai.To sum it up, this deck works in a 50/50 range and relies a bit heavy to coinflips. but if you manage to pull it all together, your chances are: remove all energy (shadow shut down), remove a single energy (crushing hammer), remove sp. energy (enhanced hammer), and remove opponents tool (tool scrapper). A fun deck to try :)

RE: umbreon enershut

Personally, I'd vote to drop the accelgor as it doesn't help consistency. Also your supporter lines seem very thin. 12-14 supporters is the norm. Definitely max out your N and juniper count.

RE: umbreon enershut

hhmmm i've been thinking the same too :) thank you for helping

- 1-1 accelgor

+ 1 N
+ 1 Juniper

Updated

RE: umbreon enershut *updated*

Umbreon's attack is quite a long shot flip wise so adding Victini (Victory Star ability) bench tech to reflip when you get tails would definitely improve odds of getting it off.

-2 Grass energy
+2 Victini NVI #14

Wow thanks! This tech is what i'm looking for

- 2 grass
+ 2 victini

Level ball? lets you set up sableye and Victini and eevee up quickly. I'm not sure how many I would try running, but I would start I think at 2 or 3. By the way, I love this deck idea. I don't know if it's original, but I'm going to try playing around leagues with it. It looks like a ton of fun.

- 1 enhanced hammer (2 should be ok)
- 3 dark claw

+ 2-3 level ball
+ 1 sableye (maybe)

thanks! level ball is good for fetching Victini/sableye but I would try this instead:

- 1 dark claw
* this item is very effective for offense. a plus 20 attack is like having an expert belt (without the +20 Hp and the +1 prize card effect) with that attached, you can do 40 + confuse with only 1 colorless energy which is very good. Probably, having 2 would be just fine

- 1 dark energy
*I think taking out 1 would not hurt the consistency since both attacks of umbreon requires minimal dark energy thus, super rod can always assist with energy crisis if ever.

+ 2 level ball

I did not reduced the count of enhanced hammer because it's a sure hit whenever I use it.

Yeah, point taken, and with a deck with this whole light HP luck of the flip dependency, spamming sableye for hammers might be difficult. I actually tried a variant of this deck (thrown together from cards that my sister was trying to play with) and it worked pretty well especially with dark claw. It was fun. I threw in some blends (the fighting ones) and a nv terrakion too.

Back