Ultra PRO Premium “Abra Evolutions Stitched Playmat” Next Year!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Ultra PRO “Abra Evolutions Stitched Playmat” will hit store shelves by May 15th, 2024. Seemingly the product was inspired by our special 151 set, which featured the return of Kadabra.

Abra-Evolutions-Stitched-Playmat-300x170.jpg

Ultra PRO has released rubber playmats for Pokemon before (below), but this is Pokemon’s first “stitched” playmat releasing as a standalone product. As the name implies, the border of the playmat is stitched for a more premium look and holds up better over time.

15710_MAT_PKM_CHARMANDER_900x-200x117.webp

Continue reading...

As far as these generic stock-art mats are concerned, this one's done with some flair.
Hey WPM, you want to do some investigative journalism, you could message Ultra Pro and ask why all of their product uses nothing but stock art.

As far as these generic stock-art mats are concerned, this one's done with some flair.
Hey WPM, you want to do some investigative journalism, you could message Ultra Pro and ask why all of their product uses nothing but stock art.
Most Likely Because They Dont Wanna Spend Money For New Artwork Lol

Most Likely Because They Dont Wanna Spend Money For New Artwork Lol
This is way too suspicious, along with official product from TPCi (like boxes) also being confined to stock images only (and sometimes booster pack images), no original Pokemon artwork allowed.

I actually like this one. Turns out stock art is not a problem per se, it's the lazyness of the overall design. I for one think the stock arts work wonders with the overall result. I dig it.

Licensing limitations?

Back