'Ultra Premium Box,' 'Elite Trainer Box Plus,' and More 'Champion's Path' Products in November!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jul 28, 2020.

1. MechaMegaMetagross Aspiring Trainer
    MechaMegaMetagross

This is probably just me, but I kinda miss when these boxes were real boxes that you could keep to store cards and ETBs. I think the last premium box was shining legends? Hidden Fates was cardboard, but it was hidden fates and included awesome promos so I still got it haha.

2. MechaMegaMetagross Aspiring Trainer
    MechaMegaMetagross

The BoXY box came out a year after XY was over and we moved on from EX to GX. So if we’re getting the gold tag team gx cards, it’ll probably be a similar product. I still believe we could get that box in the fall as well. I wonder if it’ll be the same price again because I’m not sure if BoXY box sold so well because of its price. I would not complain about a price drop, those promos are cool but the other stuff included does not make it worth it. Then again, The TT GX gold cards would be more popular I feel. But I doubt we would get GX cards in any V set.

3. Winkachu Aspiring Trainer
    Winkachu

I hope there will be enough stock to at least buy each product once. I still have bad after taste of Hidden Fates were I couldn't buy Hidden Fates Elite Trainer box, both Pokeball promo and Premium collection box with figurine and it was only because it was constantly sold out during the PREORDER time and the stores I buy never could get a restock. Meanwhile, we have scalpers that selling Hidden Fate Elite trainer boxes for 250 Euros while there are many who had no chance to buy it even once. I really, really hope this time there will be enough print run for these products till Black Friday sales.

4. johnwick Aspiring Trainer
    johnwick

I said this before and I'll say it again. Many stores online and hobby stores, offer pre-orders well ahead of time.

Hidden Fates was available for preorder months in advance, and some whiners didn't preorder because they thought it wouldn't be good. It wasn't until Pokebeach revealed around close to late night that the Shiny GX cards were indeed in them that many bought out the entire preorders. Those who woke up on the morning to find out the great news, got worse news when everything was sold out.

I had the chance to preorder many Charizard products during presales, which at the time I thought they wouldn't go up in value enough, until lo and behold, Covid19 caused products to skyrocket in price. Even something like the Tag Team Generations Box (includes promo BraixZard and SnivySaur promos) worth $25 around that time for the box, now the Zard alone goes for $60+ PSA 10.

I paid for 10 Booster Cases of Darkness Ablaze. Then I heard about the Zard RR not being in it, I reduced my order to 2 cases, got my money back for the other 8, and used that to pre-order only the Charizard ETB for Champion's Path. I'll.leave all the other Champion's Path stuff alone for you all.

Point is, and I'll say it again, it's first come, first serve. Inform yourself well. It's a survival world out there.

If it makes you feel better, I never got the chance to buy the Hidden Fates at all. Always sold out everywhere as well. After that, I made sure to preorder first, then wait to see if the set is worth it, and cancel your order to get your money back if it sucks. Win win for all.

5. Winkachu Aspiring Trainer
    Winkachu

6. Raven Zombie Dark/Ghost Trainer
    Raven Zombie

oh look, my post from yesterday was deleted.... LOL

7. yungzera Aspiring Trainer
    yungzera

I can’t wait for more Steam Siege packs!

8. Solegide Aspiring Trainer
    Solegide

Are you sure about that? Seems to me that despite the lack of in person tournaments, TCGs have been doing rather well.

9. johnwick Aspiring Trainer
    johnwick

Well, many households have more than 1 siblings in the family. TCG's and other things like boardgames are still getting by due to demand to keep people from blowing their brains out.

Also, I've noticed that after the shutdown, TCPI started releasing decks and products that are Meta Top Tier for decks. It's a way to ensure people buy them and say "Once this pandemic is over, my real life deck will have OP cards."

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?