News UB Burst and UB Assembly Revealed on Nintendo Direct!

One day late, but it's fine.

Okay, I'll do it, in Rotom Dex style:

???. The Wall Pokemon, a Steel/Rock type. Or Rock/Ghost type. Anything unique
???. The Fancy Pokemon, a Fighting/Fairy type.

This is so surprise for me. New Pokemon for sequel which doesn't just a new form/mega . I'm sure we will get new mythical as well since Marshadow is already reveal. New mythical Pokemon to be a mascot for next year movie.
I wonder if we will get a new Pokemon as well . I mean just a common Pokemon that not Ultra Beast, not Legendary, not Mythical but just a common one.

My prediction

UB Burst is Fire/Fairy (Fire for firework, Fairy for a clown and lollipop). To be honest I hate UB Burst design so much.

UB Assembly is Rock/Ghost (Rock for a brick, Ghost for a ghost that possessed the brick). I like the design and idea fro UB Assembly.

Love Ub Assembly! I'll be choosing Ultra Moon, yay!
I think he is going to be Rock/Ghost or Rock/Psychic

Also, in the japanese version of the trailer, Rockruff have a diferent dex number! O.O New pokemon comming? I hope so!

I actually kinda like them both, although I think I prefer Burst. In terms of types, I think Assembly is Rock/Ghost (maybe Rock/Psychic).
Burst I'm thinking could be any of Fire/Fairy, Grass/Fairy or even Grass/Fire.

My guesses are:

UB Burst: Fire/Fairy

- If you think about, the fire typing makes a lot of sense, in that Burst looks like a firework, its head can explode to attack, and its body looks like a firework base as well. Burst, also hence the firework burst. Fireworks also fit the whimsical carnival scene this thing is obviously trying to mock.

UB Assembly: Rock/Ghost

- It's a possibility Assembly is a collection of smaller Pokémon that connect and communicate using Psychic properties. If it's not ghost, it could easily be Rock/Psychic, but since the UBs are all about strange type combinations that don't really show in the Pokémon, anything is possible.

Assembly just reminds me how much I dislike the entire line of Ultra Beasts, they feel like fake fan-made legends

At first I wasn't impressed by the Ultra Beast. But now I really like Assembly.
But that's not the point. The point is in fact that THIS IS THE FIRST TIME NINTENDO HAS RELEASED NEW POKEMON MID GENERATION. That means there are possibilities of more new Pokemon.

I also expect new Alolan Forms (and hopefully Mega's)

Assembly just reminds me how much I dislike the entire line of Ultra Beasts, they feel like fake fan-made legends

Agreed, they don't look very good at all. I did a double-take when I saw Burst, what is this even?

I figure TPC must be using 'herbal inspiration'.

Dear lord, UB Burst is ugly as sin. It looks like a street lamp came to life, ripped apart an Altaria, and wore its' clouds as clothing.

We're probably going to get these as GXs in Ultra Sun Ultra Moon set, no?
No most likely not, it took us 4 sets to finally get the current UB's. I would expect these to be thrown into either SM5, SM6, or SM7. I would expect the US UM GX's to be the three starters, Wings of Dusk, Mane of Dawn, Lycanroc Dusk and then one other random GX that we haven't gotten yet.

A bath bomb Pennywise and a Mega Unown Missingno Monolith.
I've never felt more deeply mixed (tipping on the negative side way more) about a group of Pokémon as much as the UB's. Even the name dosen't make much sense since they should had been more refered to being cosmic or multiversal (as the recent Japanese Guzzlord set implies). I remember reading on some forum back in the beginning that they are maximixed forms of bacteria, but after scanning through each of their origins on Bulba for my card wishlist recently they are split into having some understandable concepts and others entirely mixed up out of irrelevant matters not very enthusiastically. Not that it matters completely on their aesthetics because I only find Xurk, Kart, Nihil and Guzzlord (whose completely useless in game) redeemable. Overall they are generally terrible looking as a whole and make Pokémon back to looking 'mockable' with their ideas.

Don't even get me started on that tumour Celesteela. Even its concept can't save it and the fact that it supposedly outweighs Primal Groudon by about 0.02 was purposefully designed to p***** me off.

Last edited:
burst probably is gonna be psychic or psychic/something
assembly is gonna be steel or steel/something

Back