• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tyranchamp (Tyrantrum / Machamp / Landorus)

Neos

I am Neos. Who are you?
Pokemon:

• 4 Tyrunt
    4 Tyrantrum
    2 Machop
    2 Machamp
    2 Landorus
    2 Keldeo EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3 Sycamore
    4 Fossil Researcher
    3 Korrina
    2 N
    1 Lysandre

3 Roller Skates
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Bicycle
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Float Stone
    2 Training Center
    2 Random Reciever
    2 Startling Megaphone
Energy:

• 4 Fighting
    4 Strong
    4 DCE

Strategy:
The startegy is quite simple. Tyrantrum hits for 150 for [F] [F] [C] [C]. Downside is that you can't attack next turn. Thats why you have Keldeo to Rush In and retreat (Float Stone) and use the attack again. So basically, Landorus is there to set up things. Lets say your Tyrantrum died with energy. Bring the fighting back with Landorus. Machamp is there to get that extra 20 damage. This deck doesnt really need Muscle Band because of the attack boosts. This deck is super good. Korrina works well, just all the cards work well together. So you really just need a DCE, and two fighting energy or one fighting and one strong and a Machamp and you do 190. Knocking out the EX pokemon. (Excluding Mega but you still can though.) Training Center is in there to my your Tyrantrum a beefy stage 1 pokemon with 180 HP. Although this deck may be slow at times and your attacker needs to come out from a supporter, you run 4 of Fossil Researcher so you'll probably be attacking turn 5 or 6 and set up at 3 or 4.

You should definitely take out Hawlucha for another Keldeo EX. Hawlucha is a completely unreliable attacker who definitely give up a prize card. You need another Keldeo in case one is prized, or one gets knocked out. Without Keldeo, the whole strategy is ruined.
Some less necessary changes:
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Shauna
-1 Sycamore
-1 Professor's Letter

+3 Roller Skates
+1 Dowsing Machine

You need the draw power from Roller Skates since you will be using Korrina and Fossil Researcher as your supporter for the turn.
Dowsing Machine for the Ace Spec

I am on a budget so Dowsing Machine may not make it but the roller skates ides is very good and now that i do look back at it, hawlucha is really unreliable.

Okay, if you do have $10- $15, buy dowsing machine though. Ace Specs are too good to not be used in decks
Also, look into adding muscle bands.

I would take out 1 rare candy and 1 roller skated for 2 muscle bands. You really only need 3 roller skates, and why use 3 rare candy with only 2 machamp

Muscle is really just useless in this deck. You dont even need Machamo and attach 2 strong. OHKO. Have a Machamp, a fighting, a strong and a DCE, OHKO. This deck really doesnt need any bands, and i honestly really like it.

I think Hawlucha can work here over Keldeo, even though Keldeo is good with rush in he won't be attacking for 50 with 3 energy that would be a waste, and he will be KO'd eventually just sitting there even if it's for one turn at a time. Whereas you can keep Hawlucha and gain a decent attacker (one strong energy and a dce with your stadium out does 120, retreat with float stone and next turn hit for 150) nothing will survive that combo. You would just need another float stone on tyrantrum or a couple switches. Could really work!

The only downside is Hawlucha's low hp, but who cares if you take your prizes first?

Ocho said:
I think Hawlucha can work here over Keldeo, even though Keldeo is good with rush in he won't be attacking for 50 with 3 energy that would be a waste, and he will be KO'd eventually just sitting there even if it's for one turn at a time. Whereas you can keep Hawlucha and gain a decent attacker (one strong energy and a dce with your stadium out does 120, retreat with float stone and next turn hit for 150) nothing will survive that combo. You would just need another float stone on tyrantrum or a couple switches. Could really work!

The only downside is Hawlucha's low hp, but who cares if you take your prizes first?
Ummm, this isn't true at all.
1. You won't be attacking with Keldeo
2. Keldeo is retreating as soon as he rushes in, so he won't be getting knocked out.
3. Keldeo allows Tyrantrum to attack every turn
4. Why would you want to hit for 120 with Hawlucha when you could hit for 200+ with Tyrantrum?

Yes Wigglytuff is 100% right. Hawlucha is not going to work in this deck as well as Keldeo if I ever do cut one out. Keldeo makes this deck just work.

Keldeo can rush in but he has to sit in the active for a turn while tyrantrum is waiting to attack, which means he will be getting attacked in return by the opponents active. No opponent is going to let Keldeo sit active after rushing in and retreat for free next turn to let tyrantrum come back and ko, with no means to heal Keldeo he will be KO'd over a couple turns :) at least Hawlucha is worth it as a secondary attacker.

Ocho said:
Keldeo can rush in but he has to sit in the active for a turn while tyrantrum is waiting to attack, which means he will be getting attacked in return by the opponents active. No opponent is going to let Keldeo sit active after rushing in and retreat for free next turn to let tyrantrum come back and ko, with no means to heal Keldeo he will be KO'd over a couple turns :) at least Hawlucha is worth it as a secondary attacker.

When a Pokemon goes to the Bench, it looses any effects on it including the one that prevents it from attacking next turn. When you Rush In and free retreat in the same turn, you are able to use Tyrantum's attack as many times in a row as you please. Keldeo definitely increases this deck's playability.

Mora said:
Ocho said:

When a Pokemon goes to the Bench, it looses any effects on it including the one prevents it from attacking next turn. When you Rush In and free retreat in the same turn, you are able to use Tyrantum's attack as many times in a row as you please. Keldeo definitely increases this deck's playability.

Okay now I understand, thank you for explaining that! I wasn't aware that once tyrantrum is benched he can attack in the same turn if he returns to active again. Thank you!

Back