• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tyram/Magnezone

petertclo

Ehh I want my B&W back!
Here's a deck that my friend made. It's just...amazing. One of the very few decks that consistently beat my MTC. Here's my go at it

Pokemon: 21

2 Reshiram
4-2-3 Typhlosion Prime
4-2-3 Magnezone Prime
1 Cleffa

Energy: 12

4 Lightning
7 Fire
1 Rescue

Trainer: 27

4 Pokemon Communication
4 Rare Candy
4 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Catcher
1 Switch
2 Energy Retrieval
1 Super Rod

4 Pokemon Collector
2 N
2 Professor Oak's New Theory

Strategy:
Turn 1: Get 2 Magnemites and 2 Cyndaquils on table. Eeeeek if possible.
Afterwards: Evolve into Magnezone as soon as possible, then Typhlosions. Use Reshiram to attack, and Magnezone to deal with heavy-hitters and EX-Pokemon.

For some reason, this deck always manages to set up 2 Magnezone and 2 Typhlosions no matter how you try to kill them...

I suggest you add a bunch more fires. After you do 750 with lost burn, you have no need for Typhlosion. I think you should take out some consistency cards, because you can win pretty fast once you get set up. I'd say:
-1 Super Rod
-1 Energy Retrieval
-1 Catcher
-1 Quilava
+4 Fire Energy

iisnumber12 said:
I suggest you add a bunch more fires. After you do 750 with lost burn, you have no need for Typhlosion. I think you should take out some consistency cards, because you can win pretty fast once you get set up. I'd say:
-1 Super Rod
-1 Energy Retrieval
-1 Catcher
-1 Quilava
+4 Fire Energy

Not really.
Reshiram takes a lot of prizes - Magnezone only attacks to kill EX-pokemon and threats that need to be 1-hit.
4-1-3 Typhlosion is just asking to get T2-Vileplumed.

petertclo said:
Not really.
Reshiram takes a lot of prizes - Magnezone only attacks to kill EX-pokemon and threats that need to be 1-hit.

Eh, I guess your right. I still think you need more energy though. You will usually not get fires into play that quickly. Maybe:
-1 Energy Retrieval
-1 Quilava/Magneton
+2 Fire

iisnumber12 said:
Eh, I guess your right. I still think you need more energy though. You will usually not get fires into play that quickly. Maybe:
-1 Energy Retrieval
-1 Quilava/Magneton
+2 Fire

Swapping the Energy Retrieval for a Fire energy could work, but definitely not having any 4-1-3 line.
Vileplume anyone?

petertclo said:
Swapping the Energy Retrieval for a Fire energy could work, but definitely not having any 4-1-3 line.
Vileplume anyone?

Vileplume won't be played much anymore. Mewtwo decks just outspeed them and once Mewtwo gets set up, the game is practically over. Vileplume might be played, but it isn't going to win any tournaments.

I believe a thinner magnezone line would be better because you seldom attack with it in a game.
2 retrievals are just too many. 1 at most

tc19930815 said:
I believe a thinner magnezone line would be better because you seldom attack with it in a game.
2 retrievals are just too many. 1 at most

I personally would keep the whole Magnezone line. True, you don't attack with it a ton, but the quicker you get it out, the quicker you can set up your entire field. I do agree that you only need 1 Energy Retrieval MAX because your energies don't get discarded much, and if they do you can Typhlosion them.

I think a couple of potions could work with this because of typhlosions side effect. It helps heal reshiram and magnezone. Some eviolite may also work for reshiram.

Back