• Emboar BW #20

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Typhlosion Prime

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • Other(explain why in post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
gengar the baller said:
I've found Stage 1 to be a lost game if they get out ahead 3 prizes. If you can get set up within their first 2 prizes you win. Also depends on Reversal flips early on by Stage 1.
We alrdy play proxyed catchers here. :p It's not lost game if you play it properly with TyRam.

Azul said:
Typhlosion. Run it with Junk Arms and Ninetails. You have so many more options with the deck.
No need for more than 2 junk arms really, unless you want to spam more catchers. You don't need all that many fire energies to be thrown to discard pile, maybe 6 at max. Well this is my personal preference and i happen to have great results with just 1 junk arm.

Zhaituki said:
No need for more than 2 junk arms really, unless you want to spam more catchers. You don't need all that many fire energies to be thrown to discard pile, maybe 6 at max. Well this is my personal preference and i happen to have great results with just 1 junk arm.

I actually disagree, Junk Arm is useful for so many things, not just discarding energy, that you need a lot. It can reuse Communication to help you set up, it can reuse pluspower to get revenge KOs on enemy Reshiram and Zekrom, it can reuse Rare Candy for setting up a second Typhlosion, its just so helpful.

Dark Void said:
I actually disagree, Junk Arm is useful for so many things, not just discarding energy, that you need a lot. It can reuse Communication to help you set up, it can reuse pluspower to get revenge KOs on enemy Reshiram and Zekrom, it can reuse Rare Candy for setting up a second Typhlosion, its just so helpful.

I agree. I know many people will disagree with me but I do use 4 Junk Arm. It won me my match ups against Samurott when I wanted to use Pokemon Reversals also.

^No, I agree with using 4 Junk Arm. I run 3 because I can't get my hands on a fourth for the moment, but I would definitely run 4.

I suppose one advantage that Emboar has over Typhlosion is that it can run a 1-0-1 Samurott ability line without risking it being revenge KO'd. Anyone care to disagree?

Emboar has a higher HP, it is easier to tech, and it doesn't damage Reshirams.

On the other hand, Typhlosion can be retreated, it is a better attacker, the deck has more room, the deck is more consistant, and it works better with Ninetales.

Those are the pros. I feel that it is kind of even with a good list for both, assuming that it is the current format.

Something that I liked about Reshiram in a few games is that I did 10 damage to it from attaching a fire energy then hitting a Pokemon Reversal and picked off an easy 30hp Pokemon by doing 30 damage. Without using any plus powers. At least when it comes to that kind of situation.

Azul said:
Something that I liked about Reshiram in a few games is that I did 10 damage to it from attaching a fire energy then hitting a Pokemon Reversal and picked off an easy 30hp Pokemon by doing 30 damage. Without using any plus powers. At least when it comes to that kind of situation.

Never thought of it that way. That damage counter could actually come in handy in some rare situations!

Not if you use defender/eviolite. With that you can live hits from enemies, or you could just use pluspower to OHKO opponent's back.

It's not worth it to run Defender imo, so what if they one hit you, the point of this deck is to have fast, consistent recovery with Reshiram, with the average 2 damage counters on Reshiram, they still only need a PP to one hit it. It ends up being what seems to be a dead card.

if you didnt know, defender ups its HP to 140, and itll take your opponents 2 plus power to 1 shot your reshiram:
130hp - 10 hp from after burner
=
120hp
+ defender
=
140hp to get the KO

defender is absolutely great in a reshiram typhlosion deck.

Defender's great in the mirror, but it doesn't help agaisnt everything, and it hurts consistancy, which the deck can have problems with. It helps in situations, but I'm not sure if it makes it a better deck.

I really don't like defender, tried it and I drew into dead hands with it. I really don't care if they knock out a Reshiram since I can always bring another one up if I want.

Ty W said:
Defender's great in the mirror, but it doesn't help agaisnt everything, and it hurts consistancy, which the deck can have problems with. It helps in situations, but I'm not sure if it makes it a better deck.

Already did for me. Eviolite's just gonna make it even better. Consistancy doesn't go easily. :D

ogeray said:
if you didnt know, defender ups its HP to 140, and itll take your opponents 2 plus power to 1 shot your reshiram:
130hp - 10 hp from after burner
=
120hp
+ defender
=
140hp to get the KO

defender is absolutely great in a reshiram typhlosion deck.

A lot of times you will put 2 energy via Afterburner on a Reshiram making it 1 PP.

gengar the baller said:
A lot of times you will put 2 energy via Afterburner on a Reshiram making it 1 PP.

Burned tower says hello. I usually try use turn energy and just afterburner on reshiram.

IMO Typhlosion is so much better, due to the fact that it has a MUCH stronger late game, and it can save space in the deck from not needing energy recovery, lower retreat, better attack, and the obvious synergy between it and Ninetails.

Back