Type: Null, Jangmo-o, The Aether Foundation, Zygarde Cells, and more in 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

This update is amazing. My visions have come true!
I always had the vision that Some Pokemon would change into a human like form. I always expected it to be an evolution of Jynx. But now we have UB-01! Neat!

Type: null is really another surprise I wasn't expecting. I want more!!

I also dreamed of a Snap remake and now we've got one! Love it

Like everything from this update except for the fact that GF feels the need to rub the UB-01 and Lillie connection on our faces.

"Its movements resemble those of a young girl."

Why GF? Do you seriously want to spoil stuff before the games are even released?

I don't know why; but it would've eventually got spoiled.

Anyways; the more information we get about Sun/Moon; the more I'm getting excited about it. I've said before; the time differences between Sun and Moon should give us unique experiences of the same game.

I don't trust Lusamine one bit. Her dialogue is raising all kinds of red flags.

Personal Notices:

*>
Pokemon was never a game with a "deep" storyline. Thus, Lillie's secret is that her brother has Type:Null and that her sister is Lusamine (good design btw).

>Why in the world would you name a Pokemon with a codename? Did they thought it was cool? Or did they run out of ideas?

>We had some decent designs, but the fact that Zygarde is on Sun and Moon rather XY or Z, is frustrating.

Sure. "Let's just put any idea, no matter how person, and put it into our games, and see how they react!"
Gamefreak said. "Let's put any kind of bulls*** we think of into one of the best games of all time and ruin it! How can we do that?" one of the directors said. "Let's make absurd time differences, person Pokemon, and Pokemon Snap in our games!" one programmer answered. "Not stupid enough. Let's add Ultimate Beasts that are really just Pokemon, an animal sanctuary that shoulda been a Battle Frontier, and capsule to contain all the little cells that make up Zygarde" a producer said. "Perfect! Get on it everyone, we must now stop all the momentum and hype, and turn it to s***! Everyone move!" the director concluded.

1.) The time differences make sense because the titles of the game.
2.) We're speculating that UB-01 and Lillie are the same thing. UB-01 could very well just be her friend she keeps in her bag.
3.) The photo mini-game is similar to the photo system in XY.
4.) Nobody here ever thought the center island would be a Battle Frontier after the "No Gyms" announcement was made.
5.) Please tone down the levels of your salt, it's unhealthy.

Sure. "Let's just put any idea, no matter how person, and put it into our games, and see how they react!"
Gamefreak said. "Let's put any kind of bulls*** we think of into one of the best games of all time and ruin it! How can we do that?" one of the directors said. "Let's make absurd time differences, person Pokemon, and Pokemon Snap in our games!" one programmer answered. "Not stupid enough. Let's add Ultimate Beasts that are really just Pokemon, an animal sanctuary that shoulda been a Battle Frontier, and capsule to contain all the little cells that make up Zygarde" a producer said. "Perfect! Get on it everyone, we must now stop all the momentum and hype, and turn it to s***! Everyone move!" the director concluded.
So, you don't like it.

I'm getting the vibe Team Skull seems to be like Team Rocket, simply looking to get rich quick, while the Aether Foundation are the main antagonist's. I'm imagining when they send the Pokemon to the Aether Paradise will actually brainwash them to serve as the Aether Foundations Pokemon for battle. Also noting that this all has to do with fire, while Aether is mainly being used as a clear sky, it also means a liquid that is highly flammable, I don't have an answer for Lusamine, she more so seems to have a connection with Lillie and Gladion, same with Fab, Wicke, short for Wicked or candle Wick? Also she has the most red of anyone in the foundation with Purple (red + blue.) Also red plus blue, Pokemon Red and Blue version? She's also seems to be the second in command behind Lumasine, is it possible she's manipulating the Aether Foundation for her own motives, maybe even the Aether Foundation is split half and half, with one part supporting Lumasine and one part supporting Wicke? That could be incredibly interesting. Is it possible Wicke is the hidden antagonist and Aether Foundation has a connection with Team Flare?! (Based on all the fire imagery.) I think I may be onto something with the Aether Foundation/Team Flare potenial connection. Also I'm guessing Lillie is UB-01, Lumasine will be UB-02, and Gladion will be UB-03, since they seem to be a family, maybe the human form is just the shape they choose. I personally think that the Pokemon company is trying to shove as many features as they can in this game, which is a little disappointing.

When I saw Type: Null in the description, I thought they were announcing a new, non-elemental type, similar to the ???-type in gens 2-4. I just hope it's a good Pokémon, seeing how the other ones with two-parter names (Mr. Mime), artificial origins (Castform), and punctuation (Farfetch'd) turned out to be...

SQUEE BABY DRAGON SQUEE

Alolan Raticate looks hilarious. It certainly seems to have gained weight since X/Y. Come to think of it, given that his Sun equivalent (Gumshoos) looks like a certain politician, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm seen calling my next Alolan Raticate "Bernie". Fat and corrupt? Spot-on. In fact, "Hillary" doesn't sound like a bad name, either...

The real-time feature seems fun. I'll probably be getting Sun because Gumshoos, but also because of this nifty day-tracking feature.

Finally, after getting Poké-PETA in B/W, we now have a respectable animal rights organization. Also, we now have a HEROIC evil team! When does that happen?

Still think that they should have made a "Pokémon Z" with the new Zygarde forms. They've done it before with B2/W2, and those games sold like gangbusters.

Not happy with these new "Ultra Beasts". Go back to Final Fantasy where you belong, you... floating glassy jellyfish, you! It's like Pokéstar Studios in Gen 5 was a test for uncatchable creatures in the games.

I did like Pokémon Snap, so this new camera feature sits well with me.

I have a weird theory about Type: Null. It is common knowledge that Mewtwo was a failed experiment of the cloning of Mew, so what if someone thought, instead of making a new Pokemon from the creator of all pokemon (apart from arceus), why don't we just take the attributes we want from other Pokemon and put it in a completely new Pokemon, and Type: Null was born! Of course it's a theory, but the head thing on him reminds me of the apparatus for controlling Mewtwo's powers. And it makes sense that the creator of Type: Null learnt what happened with Mewtwo and devised a way to make a more "Controllable" Pokemon.

Last edited:
"Even Pokemon from distant worlds, far from the Alola region are worthy of my love"

And a place on the island.

This private island is either going to be (one of) our special Pokemon capture zones, or a place for transferred Pokemon (from past gens or some Global Link / Dream World type thing) to be picked up. For the former, I'm talking about something perhaps like the XY Friend Safari; where we can catch some non-Alola forme pokemon, Pokemon with hidden abilities, random other National Dex rare Pokemon, etc

Calling it. The Aether Foundation are the secret Bigger Bad in this game. They definitely give off an ominous vibe, especially Lusamine, and they have their own grunts.

And hey, looks like we got Snap 2 after all.

I don't know why; but it would've eventually got spoiled.

Anyways; the more information we get about Sun/Moon; the more I'm getting excited about it. I've said before; the time differences between Sun and Moon should give us unique experiences of the same game.
Or they could hide stuff relevant to the plot and have you discover while you actually play the game like RPGs usually do.

You know what. Forget my opinions up there. I just saw it, and was confused I guess. I'm actually really happy with some of the information now.

The Pokemon are cool. I love Cutiefly's evolutions design, along with Alolan Raticate's. I'm meh about the dragon thing, and Type: Null is still creepy as hell, but whatever.

I like the Aether Foundation, but I don't know why they scream bad guy to certain people. I guess words resonate differently with different people. The new Team Skull admin I couldn't really care less about, but he has Type: Null, the one thing I haven't rethought was him. He's an abomination. At least Mewtwo was cool!

And Pokemon Snap? Sure. It woulda been smart for Gamefreak to make a separate game for it, but for us, the less money we have to spend, the better. UB's are interesting as well, and they really got people thinking it's Lillie. I'm not sure about it, but it'd be cool if she was. Lastly, the Zygarde Core and Cell thing is okay. Not the best method, but I'll deal.

Sun operates normally, it's Moon that I have a problem with. Okay. I was getting Sun anyways, so that's good. I'm still iffy on the whole day night cycle thing, but whatever at this point. Probably won't even matter.

Yeah. My opinions changed. I guess I just had to let the information all sink in, and I'd accept it.

It looks like they gave a soul to trash that was glued together, and it made a Pokemon.
800px-Daniela_Trubbish.png

I'm not going to bother going more in-depth about this, because pretty much everyone on the Internet has said it before me - the Aether Foundation are the bad guys. It's a twist that's been used in the Pokémon series before (PMD). Plus, they have their own grunts, Lusamine looks like a colder and more sinister version of Elesa, and Wicke reminds me of Dolores Umbridge.

The new Skull guy just looks like an emo Draco Malfoy, moving on.

Type: Null is really interesting. Like, really, REALLY interesting. The fact that its name is "Type: Null" makes me wonder what it really is. My best guess is that it's a man-made experiment that rebelled against its creators before they could give it an official name. Or, if the generally-accepted theory that Aether are the villains and Skull are the good guys proves correct, then Type: Null might have been stolen from Aether before they could name it. And then there's the flavor text about it being able to go up against Legendaries and whatnot. Very, very fascinating Pokémon.

Am I the only one that DOESN'T care about the Pokémon Snap thing?

Man I have a lot to say about this trailer
  • First off, Type: Null? Whaaa???? Why does it have the 'Type' in it's name? pretty weird if you ask me.
  • Jangmo-o is alright, don't know what the extra o is there for but what ever. Looks like a good Dragon type to me, hope they don't fudge it up with a bad evolution
  • WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY RATICATE, But seriously, I am not a fan of Alolan Raticate at all,it looks nasty with it's big cheeks, blah
  • Don't care about Gladion, don't care about team skull.
  • Sun and Moon are 12 hours apart... chinese leaks confirmed, but for real it would be cool if they made sertain Pokemon/Legendaries time exclusive, meaning that you find Topu Koko at 3 AM in Moon and 3 PM in Sun, that would be pretty cool
  • I guess the Aether Foundation is the new Elite Four, neat!
  • Zygarde cube makes me wonder if Zygarde will be obtainable in SM
  • Ultra Beasts... So are these Pokemon or aliens or what?! I just hope we can capture them.
  • Pokemon Finder = Pokemon Snap 2
  • I like Cutiefly's evoluition
Now there is one more thing I need to say, what ever happened to reverting to simplisity? I could've sworn Ken Shigamori (or however you spell his name) said that he wanted to revert to simplisitic designs.. Welp... wha'cha gonna do?

"But what about the R.O.U.S.'s?"
"Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist."
*cue Raticate-A*

* Why I think UB-01 isn't Lillie*

First, the description of Ultra Beasts and UB-01 tell us it can't possibly be or even act like a human.
"While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions"
On the contrary, Lillie is a human with her own will and can clearly feel emotions.
"she's working as Professor Kukui’s assistant for personal reasons. She's not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles, but she loves reading and has devoured many books."
Also, "UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one." We can see that it mimics Lillie's appearance, but this shows that it could have never settled on a form that completely resembled her.

Second, there's common sense. If there's supposed to be a mastermind plot where Lillie turns out to be this mysterious creature called UB-01 in disguise, the developers wouldn't make it look that obvious in the trailer. There's obviously a reason why UB-01 acts like Lillie, but not because they're the same being.

So here's my theory. I say Lillie is related to the Aether foundation's Lusamine and was part of an Aether experiment that had to do with Ultra Beasts. The result of that experiment, UB-01, is now connected to Lillie some way. Whether it was intentional or unintentional, UB-01 has clearly seen Lillie at least once. Amorphous beings like UB-01 tend to take shape of what they see and like, kinda like the common ditto, or Latias from Pokemon Heroes. Maybe Lillie and UB-01's relationship is like that of Tory and the Deoxys's energy form from in Destiny Deoxys. It's all speculation at this point, so anything's possible, except that UB-01 is Lillie.

First, the description of Ultra Beasts and UB-01 tell us it can't possibly be or even act like a human.
Article said:
UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one.
---
It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

unownzone said:
"While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions"
On the contrary, Lillie is a human with her own will and can clearly feel emotions.
Firstly, they say that don't know if it has it's own will or not.
Secondly, we know very very little about Lillie other than she doesn't like battles and loves to read.

unownzone said:
Second, there's common sense. If there's supposed to be a mastermind plot where Lillie turns out to be this mysterious creature called UB-01 in disguise, the developers wouldn't make it look that obvious in the trailer. There's obviously a reason why UB-01 acts like Lillie, but not because they're the same being.
You... You realize this is, at it's core, a children's game, right?

unownzone said:
It's all speculation at this point, so anything's possible, except that UB-01 is Lillie.
Clearly the theory angers you for some reason, but it's completely possible that they could be the same.

"she's working as Professor Kukui’s assistant for personal reasons. She's not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles, but she loves reading and has devoured many books."
Also, "UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one." We can see that it mimics Lillie's appearance, but this shows that it could have never settled on a form that completely resembled her.

So here's my theory. I say Lillie is related to the Aether foundation's Lusamine and was part of an Aether experiment that had to do with Ultra Beasts. The result of that experiment, UB-01, is now connected to Lillie some way. Whether it was intentional or unintentional, UB-01 has clearly seen Lillie at least once. Amorphous beings like UB-01 tend to take shape of what they see and like, kinda like the common ditto, or Latias from Pokemon Heroes. Maybe Lillie and UB-01's relationship is like that of Tory and the Deoxys's energy form from in Destiny Deoxys. It's all speculation at this point, so anything's possible, except that UB-01 is Lillie.

Yeah, I don't think Lillie is UB-01, from the Japanese trailer it looks like UB-01 is just coming to Earth and Lillie's been in Alola for years. Lillie probably is connected to it, but I highly doubt they're one and the same.

Back