Twist Mountain (Dark Rush)

Does Twist Montain Make Revived Pokemon Playable?

• Yes

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • It won't make Revived Pokemon "broken" but it will make them better.

Votes: 26 59.1%

• Total voters
Vulpix Yolk said:
What I was trying to say in that post is that now it is easier to get Archeops and Vileplume out because Twist Mountain. Before, it was a terrible idea to play both, because you would have to get an Archen out before Vileplume, and an Archeops after Vileplume. With the addition of Twist Mountain however, you can get a Vileplume out set up ASAP, then play the Stadium down, and work on benching an Archen while your opponent is locked. All you have to do is get Archeops down at anytime after Vileplume now. Your Archens can't be Pokémon Catchered into your active, so it will be easier to evolve into Archeops, and once Archeops is down, it can't be Catcher killed either. I doubt this idea will work too well, just brainstorming ideas.

It's still too slow for my tastes but anything with a Twins Engine will do a bit better. I'd honestly pair this with Kyurem and Jirachi just to be a jerk on the opponent. Twist Mountain is still flippy so I honestly don't like it if the one being used by Twist Mountain is a main component rather than a tech. Aerodactyl works well with Twist Mountain because it's not 100% needed in all matchups therefore you can miss a few flips here and there but it's a different story with Archeops. I still do admit that Twist Mountain does indeed make Archeops more playable.

Rougechomp said:
Aerodactyl may only be played in some rogue 120 damage decks, because of the 130 hp pokemon popularity, but it may be a greater card if it stacks damage. Of course, it won't get overused even with stacking. Its the pluspower for trainer lock decks.
Trainer lock decks don't need PlusPower, though. If they desperately needed it, they would run Kingdra. They're based around controlling the board, not doing big damage.

PlusPower will always be more reliable than Aerodactyl in other cases. No issues with coins or Catcher, and it doesn't take up bench space. The "magic 130" will go away after the EX's are released anyway.

Celebi23 said:
Trainer lock decks don't need PlusPower, though. If they desperately needed it, they would run Kingdra. They're based around controlling the board, not doing big damage.

PlusPower will always be more reliable than Aerodactyl in other cases. No issues with coins or Catcher, and it doesn't take up bench space. The "magic 130" will go away after the EX's are released anyway.

I can see it helping out Benchtini, Jumpluff, Cinccino and the new Dark Rush Empoleon (a reprint of Jumpluff's Mass Attack) if your opponent refuses to bench more Pokémon or to just increase your damage cap. Plus Power is great until you get Plume'd, and Aerodactyl can still stack with PP. So there's no reason a Reshiram EX player couldn't run Aerodactyl and throw down a PP to take out an un-eviolite'd EX

This Vileplume/Archeops idea is actually really interesting now. There's a lot you could do with it, too– pair it with Mew and Jirachi, Kyurem and Jirachi (like Riskbreakers said), maybe even some strange version of 6 Corners (albeit with less lines than it has now– only to counter decks that don't rely on evolutions). It would be a terribly slow start, but with a quick T2 or 3 Vileplume, and Archeops then Jirachi soon after, it could really hurt a lot of the metagame.

The only thing I hate about Archeops now is that we are going back to basics oriented game where heavy hitter EXs are going to be reigning. I know they need the evolutions to function smoothly (typh, zone, eel) but setting up so much takes a lot of time and by then your opponent could have already set up enough to not need the use of said evolutions. Archeops/Vileplume in Twist Mountain needs some heavy testing and insurance that EXs will not ruin it. Maybe when they come out with cards that specifically address EXs (Wobbuffet SS and Desert Ruins HL come into mind) then this idea could be very very good.

^Agreed. We need a new Aggron EX or a Mewtwo Lv. X. It is silly how much advantage big basics have over evolutions right now.

Porygon-X said:
Trainer lock blocks Items - you can still use Supporters and Stadiums.

I DO think that it makes the Revived Pokemon better, but I don't think it'll make Archeops viable, especially with all the basic EXs coming.

This. A singleton dragon tech and a catcher was enough to deal with Archeops before, but with EX pokemon on the field, Archeops goes from being ineffective to kind of pointless.

Magnevire said:
This. A singleton dragon tech and a catcher was enough to deal with Archeops before, but with EX pokemon on the field, Archeops goes from being ineffective to kind of pointless.

Unless they revive safeguard.. Vile + archeop + jirachi and some safeguard could be a pretty good anti-meta deck

Back