• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Turbo Darkrai

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
Hello! I recently posted a thread on Greninja BREAK and I received great help with that. I made this deck as well and I wanted to see if I could make this deck better as well

Pokémon:
Darkrai EX-FCO-3
Darkrai EX-DEX-1
Darkrai GX-BUS-3
Shaymin EX-ROS-2
Malamar EX-PHF-1
Hoopa EX-AOR-1
Exeggcute-PFR-1

Total: 12

Supporters:
Professor Sycamore-2
N-1
Az-1
Guzma-2
Copycat-1
Colress-1

Total: 8

Items:
Dowsing machine-1 (I wish I had computer search)
Rescue stretcher-1
Field blower-1
VS seeker-4
Dark Patch-4
Trainers mail-3
Ultra ball-3
Max elixir-3
Battle compressor-3
Enhanced Hammer-2
Fighting fury belt-2

Total: 27

Stadiums:
Sky field-2

Energy:
Basic dark energy-11

Last edited:
Here are some suggestions.

-1 Darkrai GX (2 should be enough to recover energy especially since you already have dark patches)

-1 Darkness Energy (Have used 12 in my deck and seemed to be sweet spot)

-1 Trainer's Mail (2 should be plenty)

+1 Max Elixir (hitting enough max elixir's to ramp energy is huge)

+1 Tapu Lele GX (added consistency and could attack if you don't want to put a darkrai in harm's way)

+1 Colress (OP draw support in this deck especially since you fill your bench quickly)

When you start testing your deck, you might find it somewhat inconsistent due to "low" card-draw Supporter count. IMO, 5 is woefully insufficient; consider bumping this count up to at least 7. Also, should your opponent Item-lock (there are at least 3 different ways to do this), you would be at a significant disadvantage.

You may want to consider incorporating a few Weakness Policy; otherwise you could perhaps easily have an auto-loss to a number of popular Fighting decks.

From my experience, I find Tapu Lele GX to be a better alternative than Shaymin EX for at least 2 simple reasons including: 1. Tapu Lele GX has more HP and has no Weakness; 2. It is a bit "easier" to search and get a Tapu Lele GX since you can also use the Mysterious Treasure Item (for 1 discarded resource vs. 2 for Ultra Ball). 1 Shaymin EX and 1 Tapu Lele GX may be a better alternative to 2 Shaymin EX.

When you start testing your deck, you might find it somewhat inconsistent due to "low" card-draw Supporter count. IMO, 5 is woefully insufficient; consider bumping this count up to at least 7. Also, should your opponent Item-lock (there are at least 3 different ways to do this), you would be at a significant disadvantage.

You may want to consider incorporating a few Weakness Policy; otherwise you could perhaps easily have an auto-loss to a number of popular Fighting decks.

From my experience, I find Tapu Lele GX to be a better alternative than Shaymin EX for at least 2 simple reasons including: 1. Tapu Lele GX has more HP and has no Weakness; 2. It is a bit "easier" to search and get a Tapu Lele GX since you can also use the Mysterious Treasure Item (for 1 discarded resource vs. 2 for Ultra Ball). 1 Shaymin EX and 1 Tapu Lele GX may be a better alternative to 2 Shaymin EX.
I don’t know, the Supporter count seems fine to me.

I don’t know, the Supporter count seems fine to me.
Should an opponent establish an "early" (e.g., Toad's Quaking Punch) Item Lock, the 5 card-draw Supporters will not, most likely, allow this deck to setup due to its high dependence upon Items.

I don't see reason to play mysterious treasure. I'm thinking about Lele. Supporters are fine while I have tested, if you were to add any supporters, what would you take away? There isn't enough space in the deck to go crazy with supporters especially since I have 4 VS seekers

Back