• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Turbo Darkrai

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
Hello! I recently posted a thread on Greninja BREAK and I received great help with that. I made this deck as well and I wanted to see if I could make this deck better as well

Pokémon:
Darkrai EX-FCO-3
Darkrai EX-DEX-1
Darkrai GX-BUS-3
Shaymin EX-ROS-2
Malamar EX-PHF-1
Hoopa EX-AOR-1
Exeggcute-PFR-1

Total: 12

Supporters:
Professor Sycamore-2
N-1
Az-1
Guzma-2
Copycat-1
Colress-1

Total: 8

Items:
Dowsing machine-1 (I wish I had computer search)
Rescue stretcher-1
Field blower-1
VS seeker-4
Dark Patch-4
Trainers mail-3
Ultra ball-3
Max elixir-3
Battle compressor-3
Enhanced Hammer-2
Fighting fury belt-2

Total: 27

Stadiums:
Sky field-2

Energy:
Basic dark energy-11

Last edited:

The_Poke_Bros

Master Arcanine Trainer
Here are some suggestions.

-1 Darkrai GX (2 should be enough to recover energy especially since you already have dark patches)

-1 Darkness Energy (Have used 12 in my deck and seemed to be sweet spot)

-1 Trainer's Mail (2 should be plenty)

+1 Max Elixir (hitting enough max elixir's to ramp energy is huge)

+1 Tapu Lele GX (added consistency and could attack if you don't want to put a darkrai in harm's way)

+1 Colress (OP draw support in this deck especially since you fill your bench quickly)

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
When you start testing your deck, you might find it somewhat inconsistent due to "low" card-draw Supporter count. IMO, 5 is woefully insufficient; consider bumping this count up to at least 7. Also, should your opponent Item-lock (there are at least 3 different ways to do this), you would be at a significant disadvantage.

You may want to consider incorporating a few Weakness Policy; otherwise you could perhaps easily have an auto-loss to a number of popular Fighting decks.

From my experience, I find Tapu Lele GX to be a better alternative than Shaymin EX for at least 2 simple reasons including: 1. Tapu Lele GX has more HP and has no Weakness; 2. It is a bit "easier" to search and get a Tapu Lele GX since you can also use the Mysterious Treasure Item (for 1 discarded resource vs. 2 for Ultra Ball). 1 Shaymin EX and 1 Tapu Lele GX may be a better alternative to 2 Shaymin EX.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
When you start testing your deck, you might find it somewhat inconsistent due to "low" card-draw Supporter count. IMO, 5 is woefully insufficient; consider bumping this count up to at least 7. Also, should your opponent Item-lock (there are at least 3 different ways to do this), you would be at a significant disadvantage.

You may want to consider incorporating a few Weakness Policy; otherwise you could perhaps easily have an auto-loss to a number of popular Fighting decks.

From my experience, I find Tapu Lele GX to be a better alternative than Shaymin EX for at least 2 simple reasons including: 1. Tapu Lele GX has more HP and has no Weakness; 2. It is a bit "easier" to search and get a Tapu Lele GX since you can also use the Mysterious Treasure Item (for 1 discarded resource vs. 2 for Ultra Ball). 1 Shaymin EX and 1 Tapu Lele GX may be a better alternative to 2 Shaymin EX.
I don’t know, the Supporter count seems fine to me.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I don’t know, the Supporter count seems fine to me.
Should an opponent establish an "early" (e.g., Toad's Quaking Punch) Item Lock, the 5 card-draw Supporters will not, most likely, allow this deck to setup due to its high dependence upon Items.

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
I don't see reason to play mysterious treasure. I'm thinking about Lele. Supporters are fine while I have tested, if you were to add any supporters, what would you take away? There isn't enough space in the deck to go crazy with supporters especially since I have 4 VS seekers