Tuesday, 5/2, VA Commentary

S

Shlllink

I wouldn't say he was biased. He merely told us his opinion separate from the 'news'. No one is required to agree with him. I personally was about to email PUSA after reading the VA emails, but then after seeing what WPM had to say about it, I decided against it. I think it was a wise decision.

Porygon

Strange Polygon Thing
The News said:
DO NOT EMAIL CARTOON NETWORK.
Rather than that, maybe a "In my opinion it would be best not to e-mail Cartoon Network. My reasons for these opinions are as follows" :p
So that you can present your opinions without seeming too imposing so that people like Prime won't be against ya? News can have opinions (Just google Wii) but, you've got to make room for the reader.

darkbamf

Aspiring Trainer
RE:  Tuesday, 5/2, VA Commentary

Porygon said:
The News said:
Rather than that, maybe a "In my opinion it would be best not to e-mail Cartoon Network. My reasons for these opinions are as follows" :p
So that you can present your opinions without seeming too imposing so that people like Prime won't be against ya? News can have opinions (Just google Wii) but, you've got to make room for the reader.

"DO NOT EMAIL CARTOON NETWORK" wasn't said in a newspost on this site. That was quoted from a post someone else said on another message board, who then reposted it here. In fact, the news post actually follows the way you said it should be presented. It provided the facts of the e-mails themselves, and then prefaced with 'I think', a rebuttal followed.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Prime said:
WPM, it doesn't matter if your right and the VA's are trying to get their job back. It's the underlying princible. You post news. For the best of the community, you should be impartial in the posting of that news. Feel free to express your opinion about it on your own forums where discussion about the topic should be, but to blatently shove your opinion of what's going onto the visitors of your site is just wrong. If the poster of news cannot be impartial, who's to say that the information hasn't been editted to better conform to the poster's needs? All kinds of questions pop up when someone reporting news adds their own opinion to it. And that's why it's not good to do it.

And I am still astonished at how people feel about the VA's. Nobody knows these people, and they take a simple email, tear it apart, and label the VA's as people that don't care the anime one bit, and only care about their own job.

It shocks me too. Veronica Taylor had a few conversations with WPM, and I'm sure WPM thought she was a nice person. To go from nice person to total jack### is a large change, and all based on an email they sent WPM? Thats rediculous. It's not always so easy to label people after one or two emails from that person. I would think people would understand that before now. Guess not.
It's not just based off an e-mail. It's based on discussions with two VAs and a PUSA source. I know what I am doing - I didn't just bash them out of the blue. VT is nice, but she is fighting this battle wrong by trying to get us to cancel Pokemon off of CN. Same with the other VAs. You can't tell me that sending e-mails to CN doesn't have the possibility of ruining our chances to air the show. It takes a little bit of thinking and some common sense to come up with that.

Also, other webmasters and forums have posted the e-mails, but have said the exact opposite of what I have. "SAVE THE VAS SEND EMAILS TO CN OMG OMG OMG." I'm the opposing view since I am the minority, and I have contacts with both 4Kids and PUSA, so I feel I am the most educated and have the right to give my "opinion." I am not just like other webmasters and do what the VAs tell me to do, I research things and ask questions before I open my mouth, and give the advice that will best help US and Pokemon in the long-run. It may not even be an opinion - you can consider it as good advice.

There are no principles when it comes to news. People can do what they want and how they want it. They can choose to honor a source's privacy or exploit it, they can choose to twist stories, they can choose to critisize people, etc. There is no rule that applies to everything, whether it be a high school newspaper talking about a dance or a Pokemon website warning people not to jump the gun. In this case, I believe I am completely justified in warning the fandom about these e-mails that are circulating on the internet urging people to send e-mails to CN, since they don't know what the implications are of doing so and are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Porygon

Strange Polygon Thing
RE:   Tuesday, 5/2, VA Commentary

darkbamf said:
Porygon said:
The News said:

"DO NOT EMAIL CARTOON NETWORK" wasn't said in a newspost on this site. That was quoted from a post someone else said on another message board, who then reposted it here. In fact, the news post actually follows the way you said it should be presented. It provided the facts of the e-mails themselves, and then prefaced with 'I think', a rebuttal followed.
Point taken. Although WPM still somewhat suggests a little more than he should've to not e-mail in the news update, you're right. I should read more carefully. ;p

And I think WPM makes a very good point stating that other websites urge you to send e-mails to CN. He has as much right to say not to, as they say to send e-mails. This is where I'd suggest that both websites for and against the cause may be wrong for suggesting a little too strongly. But hey, both causes do have their points. And I think we've all learned by now that pokebeach might not be the place to go if your looking for formal or traditional forms of news. ;)

Andyman

Pokemon Amethyst Spriter
I thought that the new 10th aniversary show was a waste of celebrating. They said the cornyest lines espically Brock. Ash sound like he dying everytime he talked. May's voice is to old for her. This could probably be the worst special I have ever saw in my intire life. It was so horrible that it redefinds horrible.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
If some one was going back into or starting to like it again and saw this special they would not play pokemon ever again.

Prime

Monisou Sentai Pokanger
Water Pokémon Master said:
There are no principles when it comes to news. People can do what they want and how they want it. They can choose to honor a source's privacy or exploit it, they can choose to twist stories, they can choose to critisize people, etc. There is no rule that applies to everything, whether it be a high school newspaper talking about a dance or a Pokemon website warning people not to jump the gun. In this case, I believe I am completely justified in warning the fandom about these e-mails that are circulating on the internet urging people to send e-mails to CN, since they don't know what the implications are of doing so and are just jumping on the bandwagon.

No principles in news? lol, that's just silly to think that. Sure, people can twist what others say, but don't you think that makes them look worse? Sure, you can do what you want, and how you want it, but it will only make you look worse. You have beliefs and push them onto others using your site. You shouldn't do that.

But go ahead, push your opinions onto everyone who comes to your site looking for news. It's your site, and it only makes you look worse.

I like you and everything Jon. Just don't tell your visitors what to do. And try not to mix the news and information with your opinions.

InuMimi

Psychic Pokemon Master
i do agree with you here, water master. only one thing. it's about the pokemon voices. pikachu and everyone sounded good except mew and mewtwo. mewtwo just growed the whole time and mew sounded more like a pikachu then mew.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
My vistors don't have to listen to me. I am not forcing them to do anything. Just giving advice.

@InuMimi: Mew will sound exactly the same in the 8th movie. Japan has a new voice actor for Mew, so it's not an American thing, it's a Japanese thing.

King Shuckle

Aspiring Trainer
I'm undecided. The new dub voices didn't bother me. I loved the story. This is getting bad. How can VA's from the old Pokemon anime invlove various sites and forums into a fury of Pokemon damnation? What did we do to get involved in this all? Sure, we may report on these issues, but why would anyone want to contact the fans? Let me explain why. The very first VA on SPPf was a guy named "NewBrock" who was the new voice of Brock.

He now works for PUSA and came to SPPf asking the fan's opinion the new dub; he was nice and very honest. He said that even he thought the voice was bad and he will try and lose the raspiness. Soon to follow were old VAs Maddie and Veronica. All they did was tell stories about how close they were to their voices. They complained about how PUSA will ruin the dub and stuff like that. Well, 4Kids has nothing to do with Pokemon. PUSA knows a lot more about Pokemon since "Pokemon" exists in their name. They will make the dub shine with new voices, and less editing. If Pokemon is becoming a high-action thill ride and less of a kiddie ride with obscure language and corny catchphrases and massive editing, then I'm all for it. Pokemon is where it belongs. With the people who know what they are doing. And for that, PUSA will rule.

Plasmarc

Random person of D000M
Prime, look, one of the vital functions of humanity is persuading others to join you, and anyone's written or spoken opinion has the ability to form others' opinions around it. The job of a news reporter is to distribute the news in an unbiased and -usually- uncontroversial way. When the news itself is biased, it is the reporters duty to present the other side just so the article is unbiased in its' whole. This is needed in politics and Pokemon to ensure that the general public can form it's own opinions, contrary to whatever sides were presented, as long as they both were presented. In giving people the opportunity for choice, you give them the freedom to -choose-, and that is what freedom means.

I understand your point that opinion in the news isn't a good thing, and most of the time I totally and fully agree with you. However, in this particular case, WPM's opinion was needed to balance out the one-sided news that was VT's and ES's emails. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the true crime is in -unbalanced- news, which is what I'm sure you're thinking. As long as the article is balanced, I see NO problem with it.

Yeesh, I should write speeches for a living....

Osiris' Prophet

Aspiring Trainer
I used to like Eric, now I think I totally have lost my respect for him. He's practically beggin while throwing as much dirt as possible. It's worse than a politician. I for one am glad things changed now. He posted the meails in the whole, which amde me happy, and as I read t them I was sickened. He just sumed up my thoughts, so really Kudos to you WPM

CloudLink

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, I didn't read all of the posts (none after the first page anyway)

but here's what I think...

If the old voice actors really care so much... why don't they just offer to do the job at a lower salary than the current voice actors?
That could easily settle this dispute, yet they haven't even thought of this solution...

I can never know what their true intentions are, but by their comments, it seems that we are merely their puppets in the quest for money...

Maybe later I'll read what everyone else has said, but for now I'm out...

Peace...

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member

Mew will sound exactly the same in the 8th movie. Japan has a new voice actor for Mew, so it's not an American thing, it's a Japanese thing.
mew's Japanese name is myuu, and if you listen well it says mee-w, which could sound like my-uu
so (correct me if I'm wrong), isn't mew's VA Japanese? just saying, it could right :D

M.A.S.S.

master advanceshipper shipper
WAIT!my psychic dream is actually coming true! and i predict when pokemon is in cartoonnetwork its gonna say "pokemon back on cartoonnetwork"...man am i psychic! dont worry , they wont buy some cheapo embarasing pokemon imitation anime!

Porygon

Strange Polygon Thing
RE:   Tuesday, 5/2, VA Commentary

cute-mew said:
Mew will sound exactly the same in the 8th movie. Japan has a new voice actor for Mew, so it's not an American thing, it's a Japanese thing.
mew's Japanese name is myuu, and if you listen well it says mee-w, which could sound like my-uu
so (correct me if I'm wrong), isn't mew's VA Japanese? just saying, it could right :D
Yes. The VA is Japanese. Myuu and Mew are pretty much pronounced the exact same way. Mew is just a more english-friendly spelling of the name.

masterryanx

N
I'm stuck in the middle of all of this... This whole ordeal is killing me. The way I want it is for PUSA and 4Kids to do a joint project where they use the 4Kids actors and writers and what not, but PUSA has to look at everything that comes out of the studio that way we won't be stuck with pointless cuts, bad music and errors. Hey I can dream can't I??

Malocide said:
and could they please release the transgender episode with James come on... your fans are growing up let the older fans expirece the true reality of James give him a femin vocie... sory I just hate when things are changed becasue of the stupid amercain cartoon standards and thats why it has problem it is consider a cartoon not an anime... why can't we allow it to be the way it was just translated... sorry off topic just my littel censorship sucks thing...

Lol. You asked at the perfect time. www.pocketmonsters.net Just came out with a Torrent for that episode. It's the dub but it has all of the parts that were cut out put back in with subtitles. It's awesome I got it Sunday...

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
RE:    Tuesday, 5/2, VA Commentary

Porygon said:
cute-mew said:
Yes. The VA is Japanese. Myuu and Mew are pretty much pronounced the exact same way. Mew is just a more english-friendly spelling of the name.
:D, I corrected WPM. thanx to my unlimited mew-knowledge

and those old VA are just pathetic

Malocide

Mewtwo User

masterryanx said:
Lol. You asked at the perfect time. www.pocketmonsters.net Just came out with a Torrent for that episode. It's the dub but it has all of the parts that were cut out put back in with subtitles. It's awesome I got it Sunday...
OMG it wont work.... blah...

thank you so much but now I need to figure out how to work it... someday I hope PUSA will be able to air episodes like this with out cutting them...