Trying to get into Competitive Video Game Playing

The Yoshi said:
I feel your pain. My thirty-first Mudkip was female. Just keep trying until you get it. My way of doing it is having a single Flame Body/Magma Armor user in the party, and filling up the rest with eggs, hatching them, and checking natures. Everstone is much more helpful to get the desirable nature, though. If you're having trouble with Natures, Synchronize and Everstone is the way to go.

Hope you're considering VG even more. I haven't played for too long, but I love battling on the PO server.

Yeah, I got a Female Chimchar. I'm just working on the IVs.

Are you using Power Items or anything? Generally I only go for two perfect IVs (in Infernape's case, Attack and Speed), and hope that the other ones come out decently. It's up to you though.

Always nice to see a new member joining the competitive community. To start out your competitive career I suggest first looking around at Smogon or PB for starter guides. Try using Pokemon Online to gain most of your skills. Once you gain control of basics in the game (like IVs and EVs) I suggest going on Smogon for tutoring. They will teach you basic - advanced techniques when ready. I suggest looking at our local guides first so you understand what competitive Pokemon is made up of. If you have any questions you can ask me.

I don't really like the online things and I find only doing the game card is much more fun for me. I have a black and white game, and I don't have games I can Poketransfer from ATM. What is the easiest way for me to get a duskull, dusklops, or duskinoir? I plan to make a Trick room team, so if anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. So far I have:
Reuniclus
Amoongus
Musharna (Still planning it out)

Here's a short overview of how Trick Room works, and who can use it effectively. Training on the game card is really time-consuming, so I highly suggest you plan your team out and test it online so you can tell if the team is worth making. Are you planning to EV train your Pokemon and give them good Natures?

BTW, the Duskull family can only be found in the Dream World (Duskull is found in the Spooky Manor).

The Yoshi said:
Here's a short overview of how Trick Room works, and who can use it effectively. Training on the game card is really time-consuming, so I highly suggest you plan your team out and test it online so you can tell if the team is worth making. Are you planning to EV train your Pokemon and give them good Natures?

BTW, the Duskull family can only be found in the Dream World (Duskull is found in the Spooky Manor).

Ok, I'll watch the video. Yes, I EV train and get good natures. I managed to get a Duskull from Roguechomp today. Also, should I have a Dusclops or Dusknoir. Pokemon.com has a few good points about Dusclops, but I think Dusknoir would be better. What do you guys think?

What use do you want to get out of Dusclops/Dusknoir? Without an idea of what you want from the Pokemon, its hard to say which to suggest.

Dusknoir is better on a Trick Room team, so go with a Dusknoir. Look around the Smogon forums and Strategy Dex and find some stuff about Dusknoir; even someplace like here would help. Good luck.

And BTW, that link is not a video.

Edit: @Bippa: It is a Trick Room team.

Dusknoir is generally better for TR and Gravity because he can hit back, so he can both set up TR/Gravity and be a tank. Dusclops has no offensive presence, which is the point of a TR team.

Cinesra said:
Dusknoir is generally better for TR and Gravity because he can hit back, so he can both set up TR/Gravity and be a tank. Dusclops has no offensive presence, which is the point of a TR team.

Were can I find a good TR list? Just simply what guys and what moves.

Can someone PLEASE teach me to RNG. i kind of get the gist of it, but the RNG reporter thing is a little bit confusing. Can someone that is skilled please help?

Back