• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Trapinch / Sableye

Carpey

Deck Experimenter
Pokemon:8

• 4 Trapinch FUF
    4 Sableye DRX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:39

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    2 N
    2 Ghetsis
    3 Skyla
    2 Bicycle
    1 Sacred Ash
    4 Trick Shovel
    4 Focus Sash
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    2 Escape Rope
    4 Level Ball
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Dowsing Machine
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    3 Crushing Hammer
Energy:12

• 4 Prism Energy
    4 Darkness
    4 Fighting

Strategy:
(I haven't actually made this yet, it's just a little idea I thought of while staring at the Furious Fists scans)
Well this is a Sableye/Trick Shovel deck I guess but with Trapinch from the upcoming set. The idea is to stream Trapinch and use Mountain Munch alongside Trick Shovel to rapidly discard your opponent's deck. There is also the Focus Sash that you can attach to Trapinch to let it stay alive a turn longer, unless playing against Lasers.
In addition to the discarding, Hammers, Catchers, Escape Ropes, Ghetsis, N, and Hooligans will help to slow down the opponent a little. When running low on resources or when Trapinch is unable to attack, Sableye can go active and grab a couple cards from the discard pile.

Here's what Trapinch does, if you haven't seen it yet:
53-trapinch.jpg

RE: Trapinch/Sableye

This is great! It's such a fun deck!
Maybe add a card to make your opponent discard their hand?

Just so you know, you will only be able to play that list for around a month, because Sableye, Level Ball, Prism Energy and Enhanced Hammer are ALL being rotated out. If you're shooting for BW-On, Durant NVI is a better choice.

-1 Dowsing Machine
+1 Life Dew
This is killer with sableye...

Luispipe8 said:
Just so you know, you will only be able to play that list for around a month, because Sableye, Level Ball, Prism Energy and Enhanced Hammer are ALL being rotated out. If you're shooting for BW-On, Durant NVI is a better choice.
At first I was trying to make it BCR-on, but then I just said screw it because it's a fun deck, doesn't need to be played in LCs/tournaments. Maybe I can check out the Durant too, but Trapinch is cuter :p

Funny thing, I also considered Life Dew at first but wasn't sure if it would actually be attached because of the Focus Sashes.

Back