ORAS Trainer Customization Not Included in OR/AS

Your mom didn't change in X/Y, but I hardly think skin colour and genetics matter. In what universe do you have to match your parents skin tone? And, if you changed it later, then what? Regressive genes, adoption, remarriage, there are plenty of reasons to not match hour parents. They are all about accepting diversity in the Pokemon games (look at Alder and the credits of X/Y) they wouldn't hesitate to bring back a feature because you won't match your parents. Besides, the skin colours weren't that drastic a chance anyway.

I do agree that customization could be expanded on. But, give X/Y a bit of slack... It was there first time implementing something like it in a Pokemon game. I'm sure it will be back in all future titles and only expand from there.

Boys had limited options, but at least they can look like explorers with coats and bags... As a girl, I HAD to use a purse to travel in and all my clothes were super girly. Want to wear a coat to keep warm? Guess hour exposed midriff is impervious to the climat. They really need to expand both. (We girls did get way more hair options and stuff though).

I'm surprised there wasn't glasses. We had options for facial hair and freckles in the studio, we could even do make up. Im surprised they didn't use it on the actual sprites. I think they will use it for Z or whatever. They also had models without hats, so I'd think that could hapoen as well.

While the reasons for customization not being present in ORAS might be more complicated than most people seem to think, it really is a big letdown. Trainer customization was a long-wanted feature, and its implementation in XY, with all the limitations it had, was among the best features of the game (kinda rushed like the whole XY, but that's beyond the point). With the PSS system, Super Secret Bases and all, one would expect to see trainer customization again in ORAS... really, not battling the mirror image of yourself or your rival was great. I think it's a bad decision on GF's side, and while I do understand that there is a variety of reasons behind it, I can't help but think that those issues could have been addressed...

I think the reason for not having customization in ORAS is to make it more special when it comes back in Z and going by how much more the second games in a generation are expanded upon its predecessors, I'm pretty sure that we are for a very nice treat... we just need to be a bit more patient...

Mitja said:
IMHO.

Having trainer customization (as in, clothes, shoes, accessories, headgear etc), would mean adding boutiques throughout Hoenn, and not just at least slightly expanding the sortiments (to at the evry least keep it fresh), but replace it from scratch basically, because the protagonist should not be able to look identical to Calem/Serena (that is my opinion but also gamefreaks standpoint I would think). As these are distinct characters from different stories, whos looks only vary TO A DEGREE but are technically the same character.

About adding boutiques throughout Hoenn, that isn't exactly necessary. One and the only could be added in Oldale because it's a place near cities where we spent a lot of the first hours of gameplay with the Devon Goods and Mr. Stone's letter and having Mr. Briney at will, and then we get Surf and then it would be Fly. In the end, it would also help to give life to a town that's useless and quickly forgotten.
As for the clothes, yes, they couldn't be the same as Calem/Serena but still, I know the producers have stuff like Soaring, cutscenes and Hoenn redesign to make but the games didn't needed to be out this year. Yes, from what I read, XY is short and lacking but that's GF's fault for making a game when they probably were already making and deep into ASOR, so why not delay the release some months? GF is not knowing how to handle stuff and worse yet, to come up with excuses.

As for people saying their excuses are lame... you do realize they're giving simple answers suitable for such an interview while using translators at the same time, right? ;D

They're not gonna walk us through the actual process that went on resulting in their decision not to add trainer customization into these games in that format

Mitja said:
As for people saying their excuses are lame... you do realize they're giving simple answers suitable for such an interview while using translators at the same time, right? ;D

They're not gonna walk us through the actual process that went on resulting in their decision not to add trainer customization into these games in that format

Lol! It's such a shame that only bad excuses can be summarized and translated! :rolleyes:

Leaf_Ranger said:
Mitja said:

Lol! It's such a shame that only bad excuses can be summarized and translated! :rolleyes:

I wish they'd have gone into details...but wait actually no, there is tons of stuff Id love them to talk about in interviews, which they never will :/

Back