TPCi Issues Statement on Factory Theft, No Products Impacted

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has provided a statement to our good friends at ComicBook.com conveying that no products were impacted by the factory theft that recently came to light.
“We take the protection of our IP and associated products very seriously. This matter remains under investigation and we cannot comment on details at this time. However, we can confirm that Sword & Shield ­booster packs and products were shipped to retail as intended and we have no indication that the integrity of the products were impacted by any confirmed or unconfirmed theft. Furthermore, we continue to significantly invest in both the production and security of our TCG business. We value the faith our fans put in us and our products, and these investments are intended to help us continue to maintain...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The secret rares are printed on large sheets, cut into individual cards, and stored in long white boxes. At least five of those white boxes are packed into a cardboard box that’s sent off to machines that sort the cards into booster packs. The machine loads different boxes of cards into each booster pack depending on their rarity.
I wonder if the long white boxes have the same card like the boxes in the thief's pictures or if they're randomized with SR cards.

I like how everyone wanted a scape goat for some sets just having shitty pull rates, to justify their needing to spend a crap ton of money buying products.

The TCG has been and always will be a GAMBLE stop trying to blame things that have no impact for your addiction, just by the cards out right already and move on

I like how everyone wanted a scape goat for some sets just having shitty pull rates, to justify their needing to spend a crap ton of money buying products.

The TCG has been and always will be a GAMBLE stop trying to blame things that have no impact for your addiction, just by the cards out right already and move on
I mean be reasonable. Pull rates are suddenly halved, and people are seeing some god boxes have 20+ secret rares, and now there's all this backdoor stealing going on. I think it's a completely rational conclusion.

Actually surprised TPCi would issue a statement, but I guess the pressure got to them. The exciting part about this is not that it proves or disproves anything but that, if we ever learn the truth through some disgruntled employee or unreleased evidence, these statement could make some damage to TPCi.
As for "We take the protection of our IP [...] very seriously" - lmao, in Europe I can buy fake cards not just online, but straight up in retail stores.

There are a lot of cards on that table, but lets be real, that's likely not even close to the total amount of those cards printed. People underestimate just how many Pokemon cards are printed these days.

Your Fusion Strike packs didn't suck because "your hits were stolen", they just sucked.

I mean be reasonable. Pull rates are suddenly halved, and people are seeing some god boxes have 20+ secret rares, and now there's all this backdoor stealing going on. I think it's a completely rational conclusion.
yeah I got a GOD pack of FS. It had 3 Mew V Full Arts in it and the rest were foil bulk. And it had 11 cards (not counting the energy)

Those pull rate comparisons aren't useful. We need to compare it to other sets with VMAX full arts (which are rarer than regular V's) and no trainer gallery which pull up the hit rate a lot. Battle Styles through to Evolving skies would be the sets to compare and from the pull rates I can find online they all had bad pull rates. So rather all sets from that period had a severe issue with cards being stolen or that's just how they are.

Not sure how it all effects me because my pull rates have been straight garbage since early Sword and Shield. I was done buying boxes when I pulled under 5 Vs and 1 normal full art in 2 boxes.

Logic says otherwise, and facts are little right now
I agree with you. I opened 7 cases for an LGS and we got 0 alt arts. TCGi is trying to do damage control and it's not going to cut it. Pokemon comany took advantage of people during covid and completely decimated pull rates for Evolving skies onwards because of the craze. We need to hold these people accountable otherwise we'll end up with wizards 2.0

Actually surprised TPCi would issue a statement, but I guess the pressure got to them. The exciting part about this is not that it proves or disproves anything but that, if we ever learn the truth through some disgruntled employee or unreleased evidence, these statement could make some damage to TPCi.
As for "We take the protection of our IP [...] very seriously" - lmao, in Europe I can buy fake cards not just online, but straight up in retail stores.
I’m not sure I’m following your train of thought. Are you worrying that Pokémon is holding something back and now they are at risk of being exposed if they don’t change their business model going forward? I’m trying not to read negative connotations into “the exciting part” and “major damage,” please help me understand.

Back