Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We covered the rules of V-UNION Pokemon when they were first revealed back in June.
Four different cards form a V-UNION Pokemon. A V-UNION Pokemon can only be played to your Bench when all four cards are in your discard pile. Since all four cards of a V-UNION share the same name, you can only have one of each V-UNION Pokemon in your deck. When fully assembled, they’re neither Basic Pokemon nor Evolution Pokemon — their stage is “V-UNION.”

Mewtwo-V-UNION-1-144x200.jpg

Greninja-V-UNION-1-144x200.jpg

Zacian-V-UNION-1-144x200.jpg

Now TPCi has posted an article that clarifies some of their trickier...

Continue reading...

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Technically there are four V-Unions we know about - Pikachu V-Union in Japan’s 25th Anniversary set (Celebrations promo box for us)

Whether we’ll see any more V-Unions than those is questionable tbh

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
This is such a wild experiment that I'm glad to see people trying to make work! Isn't that what we all want from a card game? Stuff that makes us think and strategize how to best use something? I'm all for the V-Union experiment!

sagen888

Shine on you Crazy Diamond
I wonder where this will lead? Surely textured/secret V-union cards are on the way eventually...

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder where this will lead? Surely textured/secret V-union cards are on the way eventually...
Pretty sure these will be textured already. That said, there's no indication that there's any plan to include them in sets.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
The V-Union are a pretty cool new TCG mechanic but way to complicated to pull it off in game. I'll plan to post in a thread about my opinion about it.

Whitefinch

IG: rotomcollector
Pretty sure these will be textured already. That said, there's no indication that there's any plan to include them in sets.
I truly hope these never make it into sets. Imagine your pulls being made up of cards that feature a Pokemon's foot or hand. I would hate that 😆

From a collector's perspective I really dislike these V-Union cards, but I'll be interested to see how they work in the TCG and whether they become viable.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
the rules are still kinda vague, i hate to say it but for now i dont think they'lle be the exodia everyone thinks they're going to be, at best youtube video material atm
thing is the more rules a card has to play it the worse it gets, vmax's are not going anywhere

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
A couple questions:
-These are only as promo boxes, and not in the set? (Unlike the tops/bottoms of the Legend cards.)
-Even if you were to build a deck around them, you could only get them if they were in your discard pile? Forgive me, I don't understand how to retrieve them FROM the discard pile, and be used. Would the cards be in your hand otherwise?

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
A couple questions:
-These are only as promo boxes, and not in the set? (Unlike the tops/bottoms of the Legend cards.)
-Even if you were to build a deck around them, you could only get them if they were in your discard pile? Forgive me, I don't understand how to retrieve them FROM the discard pile, and be used. Would the cards be in your hand otherwise?
1.) These are only in promo boxes. That might change for future ones but these are just promos.

2.) If all 4 cards are in your discard pile, you can play them from the discard pile onto your bench, similar to how some abilities would allow you to play from your discard pile. You can't play them from your hand, and you don't need another card to use them.

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
1.) These are only in promo boxes. That might change for future ones but these are just promos.

2.) If all 4 cards are in your discard pile, you can play them from the discard pile onto your bench, similar to how some abilities would allow you to play from your discard pile. You can't play them from your hand, and you don't need another card to use them.
Thank you! To clarify: if all four cards are in the discard pile, they can just be played altogether?
And of course assuming the bench isn't full. They all constitute a single card, right?

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Every time I see the coat around Professor Burnett’s waist, my mind thinks of Cooperaja. Similar color pallets.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you! To clarify: if all four cards are in the discard pile, they can just be played altogether?
And of course assuming the bench isn't full. They all constitute a single card, right?
Yes, yes, and they are considered a single Pokemon on the bench.