TPCi Announces Sweepstakes To Win Every “Sword & Shield” Booster Box!

Screenshot_2023-06-27_at_6.18.24_PM.png

What?
I assume gambling laws, that require a skill element to not qualify something as "gambling".

Canada has laws in place surrounding lotteries that mean it is illegal for it to be a game of pure chance. There has to be some involvement of the participant outside of just entering and being randomly drawn. So they add an arbitrary skill-based question when you win something to comply with the law.

Why not Australia, but New Zealand is in?
Why always America, and never Europe? ?

Seriously, that feels so unfair. If the excuse is that "TPCi" is based on the USA, then why include New Zealand and not Europe? I don't care if the cards are in English, lol.

EDIT: United Kingdom is included as well. As well as some South American countries. It really makes no sense not to include the rest of the world.

Ah, yes, contest that everyone can join in!

…what?
I'm mostly just confused because... who's asking for this? Some people said you can sell the cards - they're not Standard legal, so they've 100% lost value.

It really does feel like they're just offloading bulk.

I'm mostly just confused because... who's asking for this? Some people said you can sell the cards - they're not Standard legal, so they've 100% lost value.

It really does feel like they're just offloading bulk.
There are more collectors than people that play the tcg, so I'm guessing those hundreds of thousands of people.

It's so depressing to instantly know that Europe will be excluded again.Give Germany some love :(

Back