Tornadus EX

mahboi.michael

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone, i'm having a hard time finding a Tornadus ex preferably half art. trying to go with big basics;darkrai, mewtwo, tornadus, sableye. I need two more: do any of you guys have them for trade or buy? Also some suggestions on the deck list would be nice.

pokemon 11
3 darkrai ex
3 mewtwo ex
3 tornadus ex
2 sableye

energy 10
4 double colorless
6 darkness

items 23
4 catcher
4 dark patch
4 ultra ball
4 energy switch
4 hypnotoxic laser
2 switch
1 dowsing MCHN

supporters 12
4 N
4 Juniper
2 skyla
2 bianca

stadium 4
2 virbank city gym
2 aspertia city gym

A great place to trade would be the PB Trading Corner.

You can post that same deck list in the "BW-On Metagame Deck Discussion" for critical analysis and advice.

I suggest the following for your consideration (I too play this deck):

-1 Mewtwo. 2 should be sufficient.
-1 Tornnadus EX. 2 should be sufficient.
+1 Sableye. You will need these; so, 3 enhances your chances of getting to it when need. alos, it is a good starter for this deck.
+1 Keldeo EX. used to get your asleep Poke out of the active position.

-1 Catcher,
-1 Dark Patch,
-1 Energy Switch,
-1 Ht Laser. All of these Items can be Junk Hunt'd back into your hand; so, you need not "over" commit .

-2 Switch. (hopefully you won't need these given Rush In and Dark Cloak Abilities)
-1 (Gym). (you pick, consider the meta game in your area)

+2 Dark Patch. Makes the "damage math" alot easier against many decks.
+2 Max Potion. EX prize denial.
+1 Bianca. More card draw support is needed, IMHO
+2 D energy. 6 are woefully insufficient, IMHO.

Also keep in mind that the Plasma Freeze set is about to be released and with that, Thundurus EX and Deoxsys EX. Both of these PF Poké will be popular (from all the hype I'm hearing) and they will terrorize Tornadus EX and Mewtwo EX. So,you might want to consider including some Hammers (and perhaps dropping the Tornadus EX and Mewtwo EX altogether?).

Lastly, I believe an Absol is going to be released in the PF set. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but you might want to look at that for some possible options.

TuxedoBlack said:
I suggest the following for your consideration (I too play this deck):

-1 Mewtwo. 2 should be sufficient.
-1 Tornnadus EX. 2 should be sufficient.
+1 Sableye. You will need these; so, 3 enhances your chances of getting to it when need. alos, it is a good starter for this deck.
+1 Keldeo EX. used to get your asleep Poke out of the active position.

-1 Catcher,
-1 Dark Patch,
-1 Energy Switch,
-1 Ht Laser. All of these Items can be Junk Hunt'd back into your hand; so, you need not "over" commit .

-2 Switch. (hopefully you won't need these given Rush In and Dark Cloak Abilities)
-1 (Gym). (you pick, consider the meta game in your area)

+2 Dark Patch. Makes the "damage math" alot easier against many decks.
+2 Max Potion. EX prize denial.
+1 Bianca. More card draw support is needed, IMHO
+2 D energy. 6 are woefully insufficient, IMHO.

Also keep in mind that the Plasma Freeze set is about to be released and with that, Thundurus EX and Deoxsys EX. Both of these PF Poké will be popular (from all the hype I'm hearing) and they will terrorize Tornadus EX and Mewtwo EX. So,you might want to consider including some Hammers (and perhaps dropping the Tornadus EX and Mewtwo EX altogether?).

Lastly, I believe an Absol is going to be released in the PF set. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but you might want to look at that for some possible options.

Thanks, im not too worried about whats comming in plasma freeze, but do you think that plasma badge colress mchn plasma energy dce and tornadus ex would be good?

its just an idea, but do you have any extra tornadus EX for trade, or sell?i have a full art and want a half art so..

mahboi.michael said:
Thanks, im not too worried about whats comming in plasma freeze, but do you think that plasma badge colress mchn plasma energy dce and tornadus ex would be good?

its just an idea, but do you have any extra tornadus EX for trade, or sell?i have a full art and want a half art so..
Yes. You'll be able to provide energy attachment acceleration via the Colress Machine and potentially have a good chance to inflict 130 damage T1 - ouch....

No. I'm keeping my half-art Tornadus EXs for now. They are currently in my big basics deck which I plan to run (after some tweaks) for awhile still. Check the Trade/Buy Forum here, as well as some of the other retail websites.

mahboi.michael said:
Hey everyone, i'm having a hard time finding a Tornadus ex preferably half art. trying to go with big basics;darkrai, mewtwo, tornadus, sableye. I need two more: do any of you guys have them for trade or buy? Also some suggestions on the deck list would be nice.

pokemon 11
3 darkrai ex
3 mewtwo ex
3 tornadus ex
2 sableye

energy 10
4 double colorless
6 darkness

items 23
4 catcher
4 dark patch
4 ultra ball
4 energy switch
4 hypnotoxic laser
2 switch
1 dowsing MCHN

supporters 12
4 N
4 Juniper
2 skyla
2 bianca

stadium 4
2 virbank city gym
2 aspertia city gym

I would personally drop Aspertia and add 2 Dark Energy. I also prefer Gold Potion or Comp Search over Dowsing but, that's mainly personal preference. I would drop both switch and add a Keldeo EX and use that 1 extra slot for another Skyla. It's not necessary but, you could drop a Catcher in place of another Virbank to have a more concrete chance of getting a T1 60 Blow Through or even 90 w/ a Laser.

I would only play 2 Mewtwo, no Aspertia, and play more Sableye/fill in other gaps. Mewtwo isn't as good as it used to be and hanging on with Aspertia can allow your opponent to take four prizes on their turn.

Back