Top tier decks after ND

iisnumber12 said:
Always keep a spare Tepig down and you should win. Your high HP pokemon will usually win you the prize race. Just play ot smart and use super rod wisely

I challenge your EX-era Magneboar deck with my MTC.

petertclo said:

As I said before, that deck is why Magneboar is not tier 1. I have added techs for it and, through testing, I think it has huge potential against that and the rest of the format.

petertclo said:

I'd gladly accept. I can easily hold my own against the deck. It's not as broken as everyone thinks.

Either that or Magneboar's better than everyone thinks.

Also I get bored, so i want to play games.

blargh257 said:
I'd gladly accept. I can easily hold my own against the deck. It's not as broken as everyone thinks.

Either that or Magneboar's better than everyone thinks.

Also I get bored, so i want to play games.

ill expect you to bring Magneboar in Santa Clara Battle Roads as well as Norcal Regionals now that will be the litmus test for that deck.

RobertBenjamin said:
ill expect you to bring Magneboar in Santa Clara Battle Roads as well as Norcal Regionals now that will be the litmus test for that deck.

YES SIR!

I will continue to work on my list.

Now, can we get back on topic?

Top 10
1. MTC (Mewtwo/Celebi/Tornadus)
2. The REV (Reshiram/Emboar/Victini)
3/4. Magneboar
3/4. EelZone
5. Durant
6. Six Corners
7. Zekrom/Mewtwo/Eelektrik
8. The Truth
9. Tyram
10. Chandelure/Vileplume

blargh257 said:
YES SIR!

Top 10
3. Magneboar
4. EelZone
5. Durant
6. Six Corners
8. The Truth
9. Tyram
10. Chandelure/Vileplume

Agreed in every way, except that I think 6 Corners comes after The Truth, and ZekEels comes after EelZone. Many people are underestimating Reshiram EX/Emboar

blargh257 said:
YES SIR!

Top 10
3. Magneboar
4. EelZone
5. Durant
6. Six Corners
8. The Truth
9. Tyram
10. Chandelure/Vileplume

In my testing I think Eelzone would be a better play than Magneboar. It is just faster and more consistant. This is what I think, but I haven't tested Magneboar so I wouldn't know too well.

iisnumber12 said:
In my testing I think Eelzone would be a better play than Magneboar. It is just faster and more consistant. This is what I think, but I haven't tested Magneboar so I wouldn't know too well.

As my previous posts may have detailed, I just prefer Magneboar, so I rank it higher. I edited so that Boar and Eel are even.

iisnumber12 said:

Well, Eelzone (an GS - NV version) gave my MTC a run for the money...2 very close games, though I won both in the end.
Shaymin EX always manages to save my life.

Not in any particular order, but:

Tier 1:
EelZone
ZekEel w/ Mewtwo
6 Corners
Durant

Tier 1.5:
Reshiphlosion (maybe)
ZPST
Tornadus/Celebi/Shaymin EX/Mewtwo EX
CaKE

That's what I'm thinking. I also think that MTC is totally overhyped, and is not going to be the BDIF (Maybe Tier 1.5).

Nigel said:
Not in any particular order, but:

Tier 1:
EelZone
ZekEel w/ Mewtwo
6 Corners
Durant

Tier 1.5:
Reshiphlosion (maybe)
ZPST
Tornadus/Celebi/Shaymin EX/Mewtwo EX
CaKE

That's what I'm thinking. I also think that MTC is totally overhyped, and is not going to be the BDIF (Maybe Tier 1.5).

MTC will not be the BDIF, but I think it should be Tier 1 I lost count of how many battles I did with it but out of all of them it only lost 2. (so far I've tested it against CaKE, ReshiPhlosion, EelZone, Chandelure/Vileplume and Durant)

I think 6 Corners will be very big in the next format. CTM will be played alot, but I think it's more so like Gengar Prime. :( So:

Tier 1:
6 Corners
ZekEel w/ Mewtwo
ZPST

Tier 1.5:
Tornadus/Celebi/Shaymin EX/Mewtwo EX (Maybe)
REV
Chandelure/Vileplume

Tier 2:

The Truth
CaKE/CoKE
Speed Chandy

alexmf2 said:
Agreed in every way, except that I think 6 Corners comes after The Truth, and ZekEels comes after EelZone. Many people are underestimating Reshiram EX/Emboar

let them underestimate it =) and now that we know that the ant-hating heatmor isnt going to be released Reshi[EX]boar with Mewtwo[EX] tech probably has the best match-up across the board. It also means Durant is still viable in this format.

Lil Wayne said:
CTM will be played alot, but I think it's more so like Gengar Prime. :(

MTC is NOTHING like Gengar Prime. From that statement I can guess you have never played it or seen it played. It can start doing 80 damage turn 1 like 50% of the time. It has an amazing amount of disruption with quick Catcher KO's. It has Mewtwo to destroy big attackers, and it has Shaymin EX + N to sweep the late game. It is an amazing deck, just test it.

Lil Wayne said:
I think 6 Corners will be very big in the next format. CTM will be played alot, but I think it's more so like Gengar Prime. :( So:

Tier 1:
6 Corners
ZekEel w/ Mewtwo
ZPST

Tier 1.5:
Tornadus/Celebi/Shaymin EX/Mewtwo EX (Maybe)
REV
Chandelure/Vileplume

Tier 2:

The Truth
CaKE/CoKE
Speed Chandy

And no zone at all? In the EX format? WHY?!

Here is my thought on the Tiers:

Tier1:
EelZone
6 Corners
ChandyPlume

Tier 2:
Magneboar
ZekEel (w/ Mewtwo EX)
CaKE

Tier 3:
ZPST
Reshiphlosion
The Truth

VictiniMan said:

Tier1:
EelZone
6 Corners
ChandyPlume

Tier 2:
Magneboar
ZekEel (w/ Mewtwo EX)
CaKE

Tier 3:
ZPST
Reshiphlosion
The Truth
I'd say the decks in Tier 3 should be Tier 2 and The Truth by Tier 1.5

Where's Leaf Hurricane? Mewtwo/Shaymin/Celebi/Tornadus? That's definitely Tier 1.
Also, Durant is up there at Tier 1-1.5. No Heatmor yet.

VictiniMan said:

Tier1:
EelZone
6 Corners
ChandyPlume

Tier 2:
Magneboar
ZekEel (w/ Mewtwo EX)
CaKE

Tier 3:
ZPST
Reshiphlosion
The Truth
ChandyPlume is listed too high imo. Damage is too big and HP is too high for it to be very good at the moment. Tier 3 is terrible and probably shouldn't be listed. However, I'd move Reshiphlosion and Truth up to Tier 2.

Quick question; with the arrivals of the EX's, how will 6 corners handle itself? I mean sure it'll need some as well, but which ones would be the best to try? Mewtwo? Reason I'm asking is because these new Basics make me feel like the ones we've had to use aren't looking as good as they used to.

Back