"Top of the Format" Now starting to tier the decks. Great for finding what to Play for Cities and wh

Nothing is an auto-loss except T2 Mewtwo Lv.X vs. Gigas. Yet if you playtest enough you can find a match where the underdog wins. Yet if you take the overall matchup lists and you see that even though your Kingdra has won a load of matchups, you have to ask yourself:
Did my opponent play correctly?
Did I donk them?
When it came to a real match were we both setup OK did I win?

RE: "Top of the Format" Now starting to tier the decks. Great for finding what to Pla

ESP said:
My take:
Tier 1 (in no particular order)
1) Machamp Agreed
2) Raichu Lv.X Agreed
3) Dusknoir Agreed
4) Gengar Agreed
5) Torterrible Tier 2, its terrible
6) Scizor/Vespiquen/Butterfree/ect.+Cherrim What the heck is this? I'd say Tier 2 at most, or rogue
7) Mag-Ran That's rogue
8) Magnezone Agreed

Tier 2
1) T-Tar Agreed
2) Kingdra Agreed
3) Garchomp Agreed
4) Hurricane Not really a deck anymore
5) AMU Agreed
6) Spread Decks Tier 1, spreading is so hard to counter
7) Empoleon Variants Agreed
8) Infer-ran That's rogue
9) Rogue Decks

How is Torterrible Tier 2, man that decks just got answers to lots of decks. Sure sometimes it has a slow start, but it's a damn good deck. I think it just needs teching against Gengar and then it should be good again.

During playtesting/not premier rated tournaments I always let my opponent know and fix his wrong plays and such.
Kingdra takes the first prize like 80%+ of the time, is that donking?
You don't forcefully need to have Claydol in T2 to keep up with the game...

RE: "Top of the Format" Now starting to tier the decks. Great for finding what to Pla

greenbeetless said:
ESP said:
My take:
Tier 1 (in no particular order)
1) Machamp Agreed
2) Raichu Lv.X Agreed
3) Dusknoir Agreed
4) Gengar Agreed
5) Torterrible Tier 2, its terrible
6) Scizor/Vespiquen/Butterfree/ect.+Cherrim What the heck is this? I'd say Tier 2 at most, or rogue
7) Mag-Ran That's rogue
8) Magnezone Agreed

Tier 2
1) T-Tar Agreed
2) Kingdra Agreed
3) Garchomp Agreed
4) Hurricane Not really a deck anymore
5) AMU Agreed
6) Spread Decks Tier 1, spreading is so hard to counter
7) Empoleon Variants Agreed
8) Infer-ran That's rogue
9) Rogue Decks

How is Torterrible Tier 2, man that decks just got answers to lots of decks. Sure sometimes it has a slow start, but it's a **** good deck. I think it just needs teching against Gengar and then it should be good again.

torterrible isn't good until Galactic's Conquest comes out. Until them, it's terrible.

Torterra is easily played due its pure strength. With Sceptile, it's even faster than a T-Tar deck, making it versatile enough to destroy many decks. It's inconsistent, yes, but powerful.

Spread decks don't need to be countered, the Pokemon that can actually take a hit are T-Tar and Dusknoir. The rest is laughable in the face of a Raichu LV.X with PP.

I feel Kindgra should still be in Tier One. Why? Just because the release of Raichu Lv.X finally happened, does that mean Kindgra officially lost juice? I mean, it's still quite good.

Unfortunately, Serebii, Kingdra has bad matchups against Machamp as well. T-Tar is also able to stand the Dragon of the sea. Dusknoir seems to be a different story though.

I guess one can say that. Quite honestly, I think T-Tar is too slow for Kingdra. Kingdra can do a T1 60, whereas T-Tar takes at least two, and hoping your opponent uses Claydol. Kingdra can easily overcome T-Tar with PP or Buck's, IMO. However, i do agree Kingdra dies to Machamp

Well T-Tar runs a start, therefore even if you do get the first KO, I should be able to then bring out my fully charged T-Tar and sweep for a couple of prizes, all the while punishing your Claydol by charging up my bench T-Tar.

Kingdra is on the line. Yet when a deck looses to 2/3 of the best decks then you're not going that far. Yes you can get the win every once and a while. Yet when it comes to POP tourneys, you only have one chance (three chances in some places) to get the victory. That leads to Kingdra being even more luck based, especially the donking Kingdra.

ok in canada luxray is so big!!!!! i do not know about amu but it was won so many battle roads and i did so well with it. it can start T2 and hit for 200 so it is not slow and that was all that we played in Canada.

Tier 1
1) Machamp - Disagree. Machamp isn't strong enough in the long run, and relies too often on that coin flip. Has more bad matchups then you might think.
2) Raichu Lv.X - Agreed, though not 100% certain yet.
3) Dusknoir - Agreed
4) Gengar - Gengar.dec? No. Gengar as a tech, yes, but as a deck...not so much.
5) Torterrible - Agreed
6) Scizor/Vespiquen/Butterfree/ect.+Cherrim - Some versions will be. Others won't. Cherrim varieties will be Tier 1, but which ones remains to be seen.
7) Mag-Ran - Agreed, though its popularity does thrive on the Water and Grass ratio.
8) Magnezone - Agreed

SOME OWN ADDITIONS:
- Pure T2 Scizor. Its different from the Cherrim varieties, but it does work its magic.
- Heatran Varieties. Akin to Cherrim, some will end up Tier 1.

Tier 2
1) Kingdra - Not too certain. I think it still can compete Tier 1. Bad matchups against Machamp is bollocks, bad matchup against Raichu is a given. But aside from that, there are enough good matchups for the 'Dra left.
2) T-Tar - I'm a bit on the fence on this one. It has Tier 1 Potentional, but it will rely on the speed of the opposition.
3) Garchomp - Agreed.
4) Hurricane - I don't see what makes it better then before, so I'm not sure this deck should be here. Bronzong? Meh...I'm just not sure.
5) AMU - Agreed. Does still have Tier 1 potentional though, but there are a few nightmares for it around now.
6) Spread Decks - Agreed
7) Empoleon Variants - Agreed
8) Infer-ran - Can be Tier 1.

On The Line Decks
) Kabutops Ampharos - Has too many bad draws to be really consistent. Too rough to play IMHO.
) Gliscor - Has potentional, might be Tier 2.
) Mamoswarm - Depends a lot on the speed. The slower the decks, the better this deck will become.
) Gardevoir Gallade - See right above.
) Blissey - Agreed. Will pop up left and right.
) Eeveeloutions - See right above.
) Bellawsome - See right above.
) Leafeon+Sceptile - See right above (This is getting old innit?)

Rogues:
1) Salamence - Yes, a fun choice, but has one too many bad matchups.
2) Regigigas - Definitely a fun choice.
3) Darkrai+Weavile+Other - Will depend on the popularity of Dusknoir/Gengar.
4) Banette - Banette is down and out. Period.
5) Ariados Bronzong - If no AMU is seen, then we'll see this deck. It hates Free Retreat giving cards a bit too much.
6) Rhyperior - Will sit in a corner and cry until GC is released.
7) Luxray - Will depend on the popularity of LVX and Water decks. Don't think it gained enough improvements to battle with the rest.
8) Mismagius - A silly gimmick, nothing more, nothing less.
9) Skittles - If Machamp, Kingdra and Empoleon stay small, it'll be there. If they get big...no dice.

Some other decks I'd like to note:
- Honchkrow. Murkrow Swarm, along with less Claydol (Trust me on that one) will allow it to carve a niche left and right. Also a prime Palkia abuser.
- Rapidash/Heatran. Just in case you dont want to add all the Heatran varieties in one lump, this one is surprisingly annoying to face. Has potentional.
- T2 Houndoom. Will be in between Tier 2 and Rogue. Its pretty good.
- T2 Bibarel. Has potentional but a few bad matchups.

Just my 2 cents. See if you agree or disagree.

Decks in the Metagame :
Tier 1
1) Machamp: Agree somewhat. The deck is fast and has lots of power but the coin flip could lose you a the game.
2) Raichu Lv.X: Strongly agree
3) Dusknoir: Agree
4) Gengar: As a teach Maybe in Machamp?
5) Torterrible: Stronly agree
6) Scizor/Vespiquen/Butterfree/ect.+Cherrim: Nope not a chance.
7) Mag-Ran: Depends on how much Water is played.
8) Magnezone: Stronly Agree

Tier 2
1) Kingdra: Posiblitly to be a tier 1 deck.
2) T-Tar: I will never understand how the deck is *Fast* i don't think it's good but who knows it may suprise me.
3) Garchomp: With the diffrent types it may turn out to be a tier 1 deck
4) Hurricane: Eh what can i say it was good back then but not know.
5) AMU: Lots of risk to play but still a Stong built deck.
6) Spread Decks: Not a chance
7) Empoleon Variants:Nope
8) Infer-ran: tier 1 for sure

On The Line Decks
) Kabutops Ampharos:nope to riskey
) Gliscor:posibilty to be a tier 2 deck
) Mamoswarm: To many fast decks in the format i don't think it will survive.
) Gardevoir Gallade: Same as above
) Blissey: will see play may be a tier 2 deck.
) Eeveeloutions: NO PLEASE ITS JUST TO SAD!!!
) Bellawsome: no it may se play but i wouldent count on it
) Leafeon+Sceptile: i think tier 2 deck

Rogues:
1) Salamence: NO comment
2) Regigigas: Fun deck
3) Darkrai+Weavile+Other: Well my friend won battle roads with Darkai deoxys weaville it was good.
4) Banette: eh
5) Ariados Bronzong: its pretty good
6) Rhyperior:not intill next set.
7) Luxray: Eh it has posiblitys
8) Mismagius: Just as a tech
9) Skittles: you know it is ok but with Champ and kingdra and gengar i don't think so.

Ok thats my discription

Well thank you for the input. There isn't a whole lot that I don't agree with overall just a couple of things.

@ Lou: Gengar as a deck, works far better than you think. Gengar is a prime Palkia abuser and he can work wonders on decks that like lots of trainers. After a couple of KO's then Gengar's Power would be the game maker. Overall I stick by Gengar as a deck. He eats all of the slow power abusing decks, and laughs at Scizor. All you have to do is imagine: You go first and you Gastly lock them. They only have 1 Basic and they can't use any trainers to get going quickly. Next turn, you T2 your Gengar and grab a quick KO. Kingdra as said before, it has Tier 1 potential but overall Kingdra wouldn't fair extremely well against some of the decks in Tier 1. Kingdra has his spot at the Top of Tier 2, and aside from moving from the Top of Tier 2, to the bottom of Tier 1 there isn't a whole lot of movement that Kingdra will see.

@ Dr. Empo: Well since your response really didn't vary from Lou's a whole lot I don't really have a lot to say. Scizor Cherrim is fairly high up there being able to T2 70-90. Maybe not as high as it is, but Scizor is up there.

Raichu Lv X is a beast if it actually attacks, but against Machamp and Dusknoir, I assure you, it won't ever get that luxury. It's a really hyped deck, that's hyped to be faster than it really is.

Back