"Top of the Format" Now starting to tier the decks. Great for finding what to Play for Cities and wh

RE: "Top of the Format" Now starting to tier the decks. People please come and help find the Metagame.

I guess but it isn't so much for Dusknoir as it is for Gengar who Machamp has a rough matchup against.

100th Post!

RE: "Top of the Format" Now starting to tier the decks. People please come and help find the Metagame.

Still really hate that tier list man. Someone loves Machamp a little TOO much.

Infernape will probably be tier 1. I have a pretty sweet list I want to test out with the new ape, but not sure how good it will do. Spread, espically obama, will be tier 1.

Obama vs Tangrowth or Torterra is auto fail.

Machamp is Tier 1 no doubt. As for where on the tier, I personally have no clue. From my testing Machamp is going at least 50-50 on most decks with the notable exception of Gengar.

Infernape is a little too flippy to be able to work extremely well.

Snow is easily countered and beaten.

Dictator Dauntless said:
Obama vs Tangrowth or Torterra is auto fail.
Eh, thats why you play something else. And grass pokes heal anything, so they beat spread anyways. :/

DawnOfXatu said:
Machamp is Tier 1 no doubt. As for where on the tier, I personally have no clue. From my testing Machamp is going at least 50-50 on most decks with the notable exception of Gengar.

Infernape is a little too flippy to be able to work extremely well.

Snow is easily countered and beaten.

how is ape flippy? it has no flippy attacks at all... heatran/ape is beast.

He means Infernape SF's power is flippy!

Exactly Infernape Heatran is in Tier 2 already. I was talking of SF Infernape which Papi referenced in his post that I was responding to. I actually tested InferRan thourougly and the setup is just too much.

Yeah, right now, tran is pretty hard to get up. 3+ warps needed...which isn't that bad. He could just retreat, though it would be rediculously hard. Anyways, yeah, new ape is flippy, but auto-charge out of nowhere? I'll take that on a flip over pretty much any energy excel that can actually attack any day.

oh OK sorry i thought you guys were talking about the MD ape which does 40 for each NRG discarded.

No we weren't, but that is OK. The new Ape is actually alright IMO but that flip just doesn't sit to well with me. If you run some kind of backup then sure this deck should be able to work. The second attack is rather good and I could see a list where you just consistantly spam them wrecking your opponents bench.

Alright I have been Redshark testing for some time now and I have revised the lists.

Hmm how did AMu move from tier 1 to tier 2 ?
I thought that and Kingdra would still be tier one,
Just because they arent popular anymore doesnt mean they arent great decks

AMU was only OK in the DP-LA format. With the addition of Machamp AMU's popularity droped dramatically. With quicker decks like Raichu and Gengar as well AMU is basically dead. That is until GC when AMU will be Top Tier, mark my words.

As for Kingdra... Kingdra is still very good and is one of the best second tier decks. However Kingdra is outclassed by other decks and is countered by some of the Metagame too. Machamp is forever better than Kingdra with the results to back it up. Raichu can do an 80 Snipe to kill a Claydol and 100+30 weakness to KO and active Kingdra. Gengar can take out Claydol with ease giving Kingdra a hard time and then when Kingdra wastes all of its energies to KO a late game Gengar you have a 50 percent chance of KOing Kingdra back. Kingdra and AMU have their troubles in the DP-SF format.

Raichu destroys Kingdra, Dusknoir and Machamp give Kingdra a hard time as well. I think both Kingdra and AMU fell in playability.

well I think that those two decks just need an update I mean AMU yes I will admit I never liked but it was a good deck and If played right can be very fast but it is a very bench relied deck

Kingdra though, With the addition of bronzor should actually speed it up, and Bubble coat x2 should be a staple if Raichu is that big, I think kingdra still has a fighting chance ( pun because the last kingdra was a delta species fighting ) And if Bench problem is a big deal then Bastiodon is a choice I have hope for Kingdra at least its at the top of tier two, its still has style too lol

And what about Dusknoir's night spin? How are you going to counter that?

Although counterable you aren't going to be able to KO the Dusknoir for most of the game all you will be doing is just stalling and running. Mr.Mime could be taken out on the bench by Kingdra through snipe. You aren't going to be able to snipe the same Dusknoir 5-6 times before you have lost a couple of prizes. Also what happens if the Dusknoir plays a Mr.Mime tech? Then you are in trouble.

Back