Top 4 Decks to Test Against to Prepare for BRs

does it have to do with like strategic devolving? i have the cards to play it i think what does a skeleton look like?

4-2-4 Kingdra
4-4 Yanmega
2 Jirachi

basic skeleton trainers

2 Rescue
7 Psychic

I never understood what's so hard about just making a skeleton list...

This is my top 4 for Battle Roads.

1) Stage 1s: This is one is quite obvious. This deck just gets insane with Catcher's release. Focusing purely on a bunch of stage 1 builds that can hit hard and cheap, Catcher helps benefits these attackers (the attackers being Donphan, Cincinno, Yanmega, and Zoroark). However, Catcher is not the only the card that'll give Stage 1s more power, but Max Potion and Tornadus as well. Max Potion can make Donphan very hard to take out, and it can also make Yanmega live longer. Tornadus helps out in the mirror in order to prevent Donphan stalemates from occurring. Indeed, I expect Stage 1s to see huge play in BRs, so I would definitely play test against it.

2) ZPS: We all know Zekrom wasn't really good back then due to Donphan, where it had to rely on Yanmega to give it a chance, but Yanmega wasn't enough. Now, with EP's release, the deck is going to be very good, getting both Catcher and Tornadus. Catcher allows it to be very disruptive both early and in the late game, while Tornadus easily solves the Donphan problem because he is a {C} basic that counters Donphan. So far, I can see ZPS seeing a lot of play in BRs, so this is another deck to play test against.

3) Gothitelle variants: While no one can be very sure if Gothitelle will be broke or not, Gothitelle is so far starting to receive some notice. The thing about it is that it trainer locks solely on the opponent and not you, which is a big thing compared to Vileplume. This makes Gothitelle a bit better in that you can be able to use trainer-item cards. It is a slow attacker though, but if played with Reinculus, it makes Gothitelle quite the tank. Nothing can one shot it under trainer lock except for Magnezone with 3 energies in play. Plus, if it gets 3 Psychic energies on it, it can be hitting 90 a turn, basically able to 2-shot anything in its path. It can also abuse Catchers too. Gothitelle has been seeing lots of play in Japan though, so it is quite possible that it'll be played a lot in BRs; therefore, Gothitelle is something else I would play test against.

4) Tyram: Because of its worlds showing, I would expect this deck to see lots of play in BRs. It is the easiest deck to play in this format, as it simply focuses on attacking with Reshiram and having Typhlosion get the energy onto it. The reason why I'm placing it at the bottom of the top 4 is because with Catcher's release, the deck will receive some pressure, where Typhlosions can get Catcher'd really easily. Still, if you just run Typhlosion only with no Ninetales, than a deck like that could actually do fine. Therefore, Tyram is another deck I'd play test against

My Top 4 are quite obvious. Most of the things have already been listed, but I may as well reinforce them.

Reshiplosion
Stage 1s
Vileplume Varients
Gothitelle Varients

The first half take wonderful advantage of Catcher and don't have to run an obscene amount of Switch to keep up with other decks. Both very powerful with the addition of Catcher. The bottom half aim to stop Catcher. I'm iffy about Gothitelle right now, but considering if it sets up, Stage 1s can't do absolutely _anything_ to it, it deserves a spot and deserves to be tested against. Vileplume gives you a lot more options attacker wise, so it's a no brainer to include.

I'm not sure I understand the people that say you need to test out a whole ton more decks. Sure at BR, there will be weird stuff, but realistically, there's only a few good decks still in the format. >_> And BR are small too, but it will be interesting if Fall Regionals keeps this same format we have right now...

dmaster out.

Dark Void said:
You don't see the deck that won Canadian and Mexican nationals as a deck? True, those aren't huge tournaments, only about the size of an American Regional, but that's still a tournament win. for the deck. With Reshiphlosion you must also choose whether to put damage counters on a Reshiram to charge it faster or whether to use manual attachments and keep it healthy, whether to have ninetales draw through your deck faster and equip the energy with afterburner or to manually attach them, whether to 2HKO something with outrage or blue flare it but lose energy which must be afterburnered, etc. I agree it isn't that hard to play but it is definately not the easiest.
But Canadians and Mexicans ARE Americans... Reshiram is an easy deck to play. You have to do those attachments in any deck - the impact of the attachments is just made much more obvious in a Typhlosion deck. Ideally you won't even be manually attaching.

No we're not amercains, we're britian's, french, dutch, polish, russian's, etc, etc, you guys are just britian's who take credit for things that aren't your's, know you're history.

The biggest thing's I gotta go against at BR's are probably going to be donphan, zoroark, donchamp, maybe gothitelle (he might be either to-ing or judging, idk), I might see some reshiram's, zekroms and typhlosion's but not powerful enough to change tide's (considering donphan, did I mention that one already ?).

My point was that there are people outside of the USA that are considered Americans, it wasn't about the history of Mexico, the conquistadors, etc. Anyway now I'm really off-topic.

I'll be testing with and against Zekrom, Stage 1's, Reshiram, Vileplume, Gothitelle, MegaJudge and Magneboar.

Back