Tips of Studying

Pokequaza said:
It is not a fact music helps you with studying.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070801122226.htm

http://www.memoryskills.com.au/page%20six.htm

http://articles.sfgate.com/2005-11-17/news/17401091_1_tone-sequences-musical-training-brain

just a few. kthxbye

we also conducted a study for this in nursing school. :p

I can't focus when I have music on and when I am reading. That is a fact. I can do math with music but not reading at all.

Sounds cool, I wanna memorize the periodic table of elements. My suggestion would be to write it down a lot. I've also heard the if you study before bed it helps you remember

Vulpix Yolk said:
I've also heard the if you study before bed it helps you remember

thats because its in the short term memory, so it'll still be there the next day. :)

thats why when people "cram" the night before, they remember A LOT. lol.

r3skyline said:
neway, im done trollin. bye.

lol a qualified adult with medical degress trolling a pokemon forum? honestly i think that's just a tad sadder than having no idea what you're talking about... so i guess you win that one, buddy.

the articles are interesting at least though

esperante said:
lol a qualified adult with medical degress trolling a pokemon forum? honestly i think that's just a tad sadder than having no idea what you're talking about... so i guess you win that one, buddy.

the articles are interesting at least though
lol, whomever said they were med degrees? :p

so because people enjoy fun, its sad? i wonder why so many take the interwebz so seriously nowadays.

also, the way you keep posting, youre actually trollin back yourself.

and no, youre incorrect sir. i do know what i am talking about.

i said it was a fact that it helps people study correct? i posted info where it was proven. i didnt state that it helped all people now did i?

how about you try reading before you respond to a person's post next time eh.

the two who kept responding trying to say my "fact" was incorrect; i want you guys to go back, and read my original response to the first reply.

i stated "MOST people". i NEVER said all. lol....

successful.

oh, and if youre curious, i only have my LPN license. only degress i have are my AA and CS degree. IT field sux. so im switching to medical. working towards nursing school. hoping to hit PLU/UW seattle soon (currently attending UW-T), and enter the UW med school.

r3skyline said:

so because people enjoy fun, its sad? i wonder why so many take the interwebz so seriously nowadays.

i said it was a fact that it helps people study correct? i posted info where it was proven. i didnt state that it helped all people now did i?

the two who kept responding trying to say my "fact" was incorrect; i want you guys to go back, and read my original response to the first reply.

successful.

oh, and if youre curious, i only have my LPN license. only degress i have are my AA and CS degree. IT field sux. so im switching to medical. working towards nursing school. hoping to hit PLU/UW seattle soon (currently attending UW-T), and enter the UW med school.

What exactly do you mean by "sux"? I can't imagine that it would be hard to find a job in the IT field. Are you saying that it's boring and tedious work?

Also, for the thread:
http://quizlet.com/

If it's a smal matching or spelling test, studying the period before is the best way. For massive unit tests (which I hate) just try to read sections in outline form. Study the period before as well.

.::n00bmuffin::. said:
What exactly do you mean by "sux"? I can't imagine that it would be hard to find a job in the IT field. Are you saying that it's boring and tedious work?

Also, for the thread:
http://quizlet.com/
the field is dying. i was a sys admin for a while for a contractor, but other than needing a BS for the majority of work, its not worth it. :(

know a friend who has been in the field for 10+ yrs (exp) and is only topping around 90+k/yr while my wife's nurse anesthetist friend is dishing out 120+k/yr!!!

she JUST graduated too. lol.

Krucifier said:
Why would you have to memorise the periodic table? If your teacher is making you do that, give me her contact information and I'll set her straight. Providing you pursue a career in science, you will always have access to reference materials such as the periodic table. It is a waste of time to memorise it, let alone it is a pointless endeavour. Much like the people who memorise Pi to the hundreth or so digit. It's not useful for anything.

You should be able remember the symbols for each element though. Na for sodium, K for potassium, etc.

Explain to me the use of diagramming sentences, I never did figure that out.

r3skyline said:

successful.

So, if you want us to believe your grades. Maybe start by capitalizing and spelling?

r3skyline said:

successful.

I feel so sorry for you. You said they weren't medical degrees; in the quote above you said you were switching to medical, doesn't this suggest you have medical degrees?

Have you found a way yet on how to study? =3

red blastoise - its the interwebz...its not like its vital for me to worry about spelling/grammar/punctuation here. lol

dark - ah, i see youre young. you dont just obtain a degree even when you have enough credits. say for instance you obtain your AA first. you cant just go, "oh, im 10 credits short of a Science degree too!". nah...it doesnt work that way, you have to do a LOT of classes again before you receive your next one.

in other words, you go to school, AGAIN.

for biology, they have these coloring books that help sooooo much. lol. they work. its great! no joke, any person who is taking microbiology or anatomy will tell ya that those books help A LOT. so much to memorize >__>

r3skyline said:
the field is dying. i was a sys admin for a while for a contractor, but other than needing a BS for the majority of work, its not worth it. :(

know a friend who has been in the field for 10+ yrs (exp) and is only topping around 90+k/yr while my wife's nurse anesthetist friend is dishing out 120+k/yr!!!

she JUST graduated too. lol.

Let me know how much she's paying in malpractice/liability insurance and student loans.

.::n00bmuffin::. said:
Let me know how much she's paying in malpractice/liability insurance and student loans.

malpractice is basically just like car insurance. not much. its like what...10-12k depending on where you work/whom for. people make such a big deal out of it. even after that, shes still busting out over 100k/yr easily.

student loan i remember her saying is only 10k because she paid most of it through scholarships.

by the time you hit med school to attend anesthesiology classes, you already have your BSN (bachelor of science in nursing) and making an easy 80k/yr (after taxes in WA state; nurses are paid a lot here in WA).

r3skyline said:
red blastoise - its the interwebz...its not like its vital for me to worry about spelling/grammar/punctuation here. lol

dark - ah, i see youre young. you don't just obtain a degree even when you have enough credits. say for instance you obtain your AA first. you cant just go, "oh, im 10 credits short of a Science degree too!". nah...it doesnt work that way, you have to do a LOT of classes again before you receive your next one.

in other words, you go to school, AGAIN.

for biology, they have these coloring books that help sooooo much. lol. they work. its great! no joke, any person who is taking microbiology or anatomy will tell ya that those books help A LOT. so much to memorize >__>
Why did you say you already have them medical degrees then, was it just to confuse things?

r3skyline said:
I can think of something else that involves BS.

And wait, if your degree was in IT (which I am presuming based on your posts), how does having a degree in that field prove that your 'facts' are proper? That doesn't make any sense.

So far, I have only met a few people who study better while listening to music. The majority of people I have run into have problems paying attention when music is on (myself included). I have no doubt it works for some people (although I presume classical music would be optimal) but not nearly everyone.

and i NEVER said everyone. lol. you guys should drop that part. :p

IT because you have to take a lot of psych classes for the one i obtained. >_> just went a diff route and ended up as a sys admin.

also zenith, if you wanna call me out on some BS, then pm it, or better yet, get a hold of me on aim "r3skyline". but dont try to pussyfoot around it by throwing some randy comments. step up and say it to me.

Back