Article Time to Revert Back to Primal Groudon!

I'd probably drop 1 Korrina for a Skyla to find the battle comps/mega turbos. You can also BC/VSS that Skyla to find the Focus Sash. Skyla is a huge card to have 1 of.

I'd probably drop 1 Korrina for a Skyla to find the battle comps/mega turbos. You can also BC/VSS that Skyla to find the Focus Sash. Skyla is a huge card to have 1 of.
Korina gets you Items too, so Korrina>Skyla for that matter.

Korinna allows you to search for an Item and a [F] Pokemon, making Skyla pretty redundant (gets out Stadiums I guess...?)

EDIT: Wait, did Vom just ninja me :O

my favourite way to play groudon is just as a 1-1 or 2-2 count in donphan to clean up games after you take 2/3 pries with donphans and hawluchas. you still have robo sub to stall and there is less pressure on groudon to take all of your prizes-but with a focus sash he is a very handy beatstick!

I question Groudon's viability post-rotation, or even now. Weakness Policy will be required if it wants to stay relevant. The Wobbuffet version will likely go extinct.

I think this deck will have a lot of trouble without a lot of these cards rotating, and the inclusion of grass decks, as well as Giratina EX.

Whoops, I somehow thought Korrina only got tools. Nevermind :D

Actually, a one-of Skyla could be interesting because, although Korrina gives access to any item card in the deck, you have no direct way to get stadiums using it -- but, then again, it is not like groudon needs stadiums to OHKO EXs anyways...

Of course, one other option would be using trainer's mail, which can be searched through the use of korrina, but then you would have to pray and find a stadium within the top 4 cards of your deck.

About the article, it is very well written (good work, Mustafa), but I would suggest the addition of at least one Shrine of Memories: sometimes the opponent is just using low HP mons, or trying to stall for a turn or two, and you could take advantage of the 30 extra power of Groudon's Massive Rend, without discarding your stadiums.

I question Groudon's viability post-rotation, or even now. Weakness Policy will be required if it wants to stay relevant. The Wobbuffet version will likely go extinct.

With the Wobbafet version you pass the first few turns anyway, so you can evolve without a spirit link. Ideal opportunity to attach weakness policy.

It just needs to be able to deal with Beautifly.

With the Wobbafet version you pass the first few turns anyway, so you can evolve without a spirit link. Ideal opportunity to attach weakness policy.

It just needs to be able to deal with Beautifly.

What I meant was that the Wobbuffet version has no way to deal with Beautifly. Once Beautifly hits the field, you are cooked without Weakness Policy attached and a steady stream of Hex Maniacs waiting to be used and recycled. Whirlwind is a huge problem anyway, since Wobbuffet can't retreat and you don't have the Switches to constantly switch back out.

Back