Thursday, 3/15, Newest Japanese Set, Oldest Pokemon Video

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Thursday, 3/15,  Newest Japanese Set, Oldest Pokemon Video

Those videos were awesome and brought back alot of memories because that was the best part of pokemon when it first came out and I still remeber the first episode where ash woke up late and all 3 starter pokemon were taken and ash got pikachu and the he evenutaly got squirtle and bulbasaur and charmander which finally became charizard and the pokerap brought back memories and I will never forget that.:)

Secretsof2113

Blackstar

Wow, brings back a whole lot of memories. I kind of want to bust out red, and play it!

masterryanx

N

*Busts out mp3 to listen to classic PokeRap*

I'd heard about that video but never actually saw it... it was... wow, corny. Ha, the teacher guy had Japanese cards lol. The only highlights of it were getting to hear the original theme (the one that became the dance remix) the just the way some of it was presesnted near the end mostly. I cringed everytime I saw any of that relative junk. >_> BTW when did they say the beta names? I didn't hear any (Ah, I wanted to see if how LA and NY were meant to be pronounced T_T) they all just looked like our everyday English names for those Pokemon... =/

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

It brought back alot of the good old times for me and I wish CN would run them once and awhile. They could run them while we wait for D/P episodes after they are done running battle frontier.:)

masterryanx

N

xxashxx said:
It brought back alot of the good old times for me and I wish CN would run them once and awhile. They could run them while we wait for D/P episodes after they are done running battle frontier.:)

I think I heard somewhere that CN's only authorized to run 6 - 9 right now. I know 1 - 5 are currently airing on Boomerang every now and then, yet sadly, I don't get it... =P

SeiferA

Aspiring Trainer

You talk about retro.

It's funny how they promoted the "Gotta Catch Em All" aspect of the series as a way to sell their products, when catching them all doesn't necessarily make you the best pokemon player ever or whatever.

Also, Ash's "Aunt" scares me, primarily because she represents what the majority of Pokemoms were during that time... and still are for the most part actually >>;

"Anything cuter than Pikachu"... I can name a dozen... Pichu, Chikorita, Celebi, Mew, Eevee... I could go on forever.

Mjadex123

M...mmm....Memories >O

I <3 the PokeRAP!

Aah..these good ol days.

yeh, great memories.

Ice Pokemon Master

The Amazing Race/Heroes&amp;gt;You

I think that PorygonZ, Gallade, Togekiss, Froslass, Mamoswine and other DP Pokemon that hasn't been in DP1 adn DP2 yet will be in this set...

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...

@IPM: do they play in the movie? if yes, i agree. If no, i won't count on it.

i never saw that Video. i actually was going in my Pyjama (=P) to the TV with my sis and then Pokémon was on TV. i loved it when it aired on Fox Kids (currently Jetix).

Josh

Aspiring Trainer
I have that video sitting in my closest right now. I always though it was from Nintendo Power, though, especially since the magazine was promoted in it.

EDIT: The beta name I saw was "PIDGE". It's in the second video, right in that blurry preview picture, in fact.

Porygon

Strange Polygon Thing

Giovanni's dialogue has been an in-joke with me and my brother since we had the video.

Every anime scene they show in it I remember almost word-for-word.

ZZZAPDOS

Z-Unit

Memories of being a kid! Ahhhh, I remember when everyone had cards at school, and they got banned, and it became a black market to trade/sell them to others. So much fun. Those were the greatest days of Pokemon, it's too bad it's basically impossible for them to ever live up to that again.

That video was a little scary though; can you say brainwashing!?

masterryanx

N

Josh said:
I have that video sitting in my closest right now.  I always though it was from Nintendo Power, though, especially since the magazine was promoted in it.

EDIT:  The beta name I saw was "PIDGE".  It's in the second video, right in that blurry preview picture, in fact.

And he's back, on a completely different forum... o_O

Josh, I remember you from the Naruto CCG boards, that was you right?

After watching it again I think I noticed about 3 Beta names. Among them were Sandshrew's and Rapidash's.

Josh

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I'm Joshua over at the Naruto CCG forums. People noticed I disappeared? Well, it's not so much that I vanished from the Internet, but that I'm kind of a wanderer. I basically rotate between a few different forums depending on what my interests are at the time. Right now, I don't even know why I'm here, since I don't play the Pokémon CCG or anything, but I just felt like visiting the site.

Anyway, I just beat Twilight Princess today, so I'm happy. :)

uchihasasuke

Uchiha Sasuke

Haven't seen the first pokemon video. New japanese pokemon set looks cool, but I'm still not used to how the game has changed.

B-Ray

The Stuff of Legends

I own the video on the left......dont even ask how, I dont remember. I believe I went to Toys R US and they were giving them out. but I have seen it before. Good, good times.

Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot

I choose you Ninja Brian!

credit geos to www.pe2k.com cause the posted this news first the cards look sooo awsome!!!

www.pe2k.com said:
Press Release

New Pokemon, New Adventures - Pokemon Trading Card Game Expansion Adds Dozens of New Characters!
Eagerly Awaited Diamond & Pearl Expansion Has All-New Look!

Pokemon USA, Inc., a worldwide leader in the trading card game industry, today announced the latest Pokemon Trading Card Game expansion, Diamond & Pearl, to be released on May 23rd. The expansion features over 120 cards, including more than 50 brand-new Pokemon for players to collect for the very first time.

In Diamond & Pearl, players will explore the never-before-seen Sinnoh region in search of all-new Pokemon like the legendary Dialga and Palkia. With new gameplay—including the exciting Pokemon LV.X that make Pokemon more powerful—new attacks, and even a new look that incorporates Pokedex information for each Pokemon, Diamond & Pearl will take every player to the next level.

The Pokemon TCG: Diamond & Pearl expansion will be available in three 60-card theme decks—Terra Firma, Inferno Zone, and Royal Frost—and in booster packs. Theme decks and booster packs go on sale in stores on May 23rd, priced at $11.99 for the theme decks and $3.79 for the booster packs. Each booster pack features 10 randomly inserted game cards. Theme decks include a unique coin, an updated rulebook, card list, a one-player playmat, and damage counters.

n07_0319_dptcglogo.gif

n07_0319_dppack1.jpg

n07_0319_dppack2.jpg

n07_0319_dppack3.jpg

n07_0319_dppack4.jpg

Card Scans:

n07_0319_dpcard001lg.jpg

n07_0319_dpcard003lg.jpg

n07_0319_dpcard004lg.jpg

n07_0319_dpcard005lg.jpg

n07_0319_dpcard006lg.jpg

n07_0319_dpcard008lg.jpg