Thursday, 11/29, Snap Update, Porygon-Z Lv.X Scan and Translations, Pokemon Platinum?

porygon lx is amazing. it can get 2 cards for you. all you need to do is have delcatty out and you can get any 2 cards a turn. delcatty and porygon lx will be big together.

Typhlosion King said:
porygon lx is amazing. it can get 2 cards for you. all you need to do is have delcatty out and you can get any 2 cards a turn. delcatty and porygon lx will be big together.

True, but if that's going to be big, so will Mario... maybe a 1-0-1 Blasty d or something else to negate the psychic weakness...

kazerima said:
Pokemon Platinum: R/B/Y/G/S/C GBC editions all on 1 DS cartridge perhaps?

No way. #1: That would cost way too much to make... #2: They couldn't fit it all on a DS cartridge. If they DID do that, it'd be on wii :D. But its REALLY un-likely for them to do that. Then people wouldn't buy the indavidual games -_-... besides, why's Giratina on the front if that's the truth? Lol...

Sam von Noobenschtein said:
I wonder if we'll be seeing any 1-0-1-1 tech lines of P-Z LV.X in Inferncatty's future. I highly doubt but someone may take it for a spin to see how it performs.

I honestly would never have thought of that. As soon as Porygon Z Lv.X is released over here, I'm going to try that, see if it's any good. May be rubbish, being a Lv.X and everything, but it could work.

RE: Thursday, 11/29, Porygon-Z Lv.X Scan and Translations, Pokemon Platinum?

DocRobot_K-176 said:
At this point, I think Pokémon Platinum is just a rumor that has no way of being verified. I won't accept it as fact until Nintendo says something about it.

Notice that platinum is a noble metal, like gold and silver. This is really stretching it, considering that we have no proof that this is an actual game in progress, but if it is, it could possibly be a remake of Gold and Silver. However, there are several questions surrounding this:

1) If it is a re-make, why would they only release one game? If that was the case, which game would it follow more closely?

2) How will they resolve Whirlpool and Headbutt? Both attacks require an HM and a TM that are not available in Diamond and Pearl. Some Pokémon learn it, but that would be a bit much to require the player to catch one of those Pokémon.

Porygon-Z Lv. X looks pretty good, but very hard to get out. At this point, I don't think it is worth playing unless one already has Porygon-Z in their deck.
1) If it is a remake, I think it'll follow Crystal (hence the one game thing).

2) A free, infinite move tutor? Headbutt wasn't crucial anyway. Whirlpool could be the same thing. Perhaps if you complete a certain part of the game, you'd be able to access whirlpool.

No comments on Pokemon Snap?? Guys, stop worrying about a stupid rumor and a card that won't come out for another 10 years, and revel in this glorious news of being able to send cool pics of your Pokemon from Snap all around the world! This is so EPIC!!! {/rant}

Pory-Z looks great, despite what people have said.:// 2 Poke-Powers are awesome, I see it becoming a real bench-sitter if it were to come out now. Until it can get some good attacks, it's a pretty good annoyer/helper with the discarding of Special Energy cards, and being able to control a part of your deck.

Pokemon Platnium will be a D/P remake if it is a remake. A G/S/C remake must have 2 games in it, and they could've announced the other game, but they didn't. I think it's a BFL(Big Fat Lie) just because of the sketchy past of the magazine. Until I see a real non-lying magazine announce it, I'm not going to go crazy over it. :F I can't wait to see the box-art, if it does come out. :p

dmaster out.

I think the Pokemon Snap news is great! It is a little dissapointing that you can't use the Wii remote, but I like this opportunity to play Snap. I never got a 64, so I haven't played it at all. I think that Platinum isn't a real game. The editor probably found it on an official looking site and was tricked. I think it would be more likely that a third D&P game would have a gem-related name.

RE: Thursday, 11/29, Snap Update, Porygon-Z Lv.X Scan and Translations, Pokemon Plati

Ketchup and Mustard said:
No way. #1: That would cost way too much to make... #2: They couldn't fit it all on a DS cartridge. If they DID do that, it'd be on wii :D. But its REALLY un-likely for them to do that. Then people wouldn't buy the indavidual games -_-... besides, why's Giratina on the front if that's the truth? Lol...

@1: actually, much less than a normal pokemon game because all they have to do is copy-paste their own games onto a cartridge.

@2: You'd be surprised how much fits on a single cartridge. The data in each game is measured in only kb. (emulators) As opposed to an advance game which is a few MB or DS games which are half a gig. (again, going by emulators for measurement) The games Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal are no longer in production. The only ones Nintendo even has are 1000's of unsold replacements for repair calls(my own experience with a broken Blue on this one). It also makes sense because "Platinum Edition"s and "Gold Edition"s tend to be collections of games and expansions in a single pack with PC games... Anyway, just my 2 Yen.

Pokemon Snap comes out December 10th according to Pokemon.com on the Wii.:)

Jigglypuff13 said:
Sam von Noobenschtein said:
I wonder if we'll be seeing any 1-0-1-1 tech lines of P-Z LV.X in Inferncatty's future. I highly doubt but someone may take it for a spin to see how it performs.

I honestly would never have thought of that. As soon as Porygon Z Lv.X is released over here, I'm going to try that, see if it's any good. May be rubbish, being a Lv.X and everything, but it could work.

I would try it but my current Inferncatty deck is very incomplete >.>
I only have a 1-1 line of Catty and a 1-0-1 line of Infernape. >.>

I hate Pokémon Snap so no comment on what you said d master342.

RE: Thursday, 11/29, Snap Update, Porygon-Z Lv.X Scan and Translations, Pokemon Plati

DogMaster40 said:
I think the Pokemon Snap news is great! It is a little dissapointing that you can't use the Wii remote, but I like this opportunity to play Snap.

Not really, I mean, you can't play any N64 games with the Wii Remote - there aren't enough buttons, and the games are incredibly seldom edited gameplay-wise (this might even be the first time). If they made it a point-and-click game, they might as well advertise it as a brand-new game, which it isn't.

And concerning the news article:
"...But will rather require the Wii Classic Controller to play like most Virtual Console games (if you do not have this controller, you will not be able to play it)."

GameCube controllers can also be used to play N64 titles.

RE: Thursday, 11/29, Porygon-Z Lv.X Scan and Translations, Pokemon Platinum?

umbreondude said:
pokemon Platinum should be a remake of gold and silver.
because gold and silver are the best game of them all . because it has a great story line great map , great new pokemon and you get to go back to a past region! how cool is that? so i say i will be checking the web for pokemon news more this next 2 years.
the lvl.x seems like a ok card but has really nothing it can combo with . so we wouldn't see it in many japanese decks [us decks too, if it gets here]
also i forgot to add i love pokemon snap , but i don't have a wii so no snap for me [oh snap this sucks!] also they have great towns , gyms the first bug gym! also when they make it they should add like a way to get cebie in the game

Cipher said:

Wait a minute You can use a Game Cube control to play N64 games? Is this true for Pokemon Snap then?:)

xxashxx said:
Cipher said:

Wait a minute You can use a Game Cube control to play N64 games? Is this true for Pokemon Snap then?:)

we won't know till it comes out in states

xxashxx said:
Cipher said:

I'm hoping so! I don't have a Classic controller yet, so this would be nice:D

GC controller should work, but now I'll be counting down the days until Dec. 10 for Snappin' fun!

dmaster out.

Speaking on Pokémon Platinum: It is a title that could be used for a future game.

Is is possible to have a third Diamond/Pearl video game?

I personaly don't like proygon z lv.x, until there is a beter porygon z available I just don't think it's playable. Pokemon snap for wii is really cool! I loved that game on the N64, very addicting.:D Unfortunately I don't have a wii, I might get one for Christmas though and this will dfinately be the first game I buy.:D

I hope this will work so we don't have to spend extra if we don't have too but the wireless one would be good because it is almost like an SNES controller. Will the Wave Bird wireless control work as well as the classic control? I hope it is compatible because it is a great wireless control from what I have seen and heard.:)

Back