Ruling Thunder fall target

crm103top08

Aspiring Trainer
Q. Can you select to prevent the opponent's attached Technical Machine G's "Damage Porter" attack when using "Amnesia"?
A. No, Amnesia can't prevent attacks provided by Technical Machines, because it is an attack the opponent's active "can use" but it isn't one of its attacks. (Jun 4, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

Ok, so what I gather from this is being able "to use" is COMPLETELY different than "having." If I'm correct in this assumption, logic per ruling, then please answer this scenario for me.

What would happen if... ;and why? (clarification)

You have a shaymin UL leveled up into shaymin lv x (either one)
If Entei/Raikou Legend were to use thunder fall, would it hit shaymin?
The ruling I have/understand is yes, but according to the above wording, "having" isn't necessarily the same as "can use" and the level x says it can use any power/body/etc. from it's lower card, while the level x itself doesn't have a power.

(I understand they're completely different mechanics, but I'm basing my question off of the wording, not the mechanic itself.)

A LV.X is considered in possession of its lower form's attacks, Poke-Powers, and Poke-Bodies. The simple answer is: does that Pokemon have a Poke-Power on its highest stage form, or its LV.X card? If the answer is yes to either, Thunder Fall will hit that Pokemon.

Technical Machines follow totally different mechanics. They are attacks attached to a Pokemon. They are not attacks native to that Pokemon. (It does say on the TM card it 'can use this card's attack instead of its own', implying that the TM is NOT one of the Pokemon's attacks.)

Back