Three New Moves Uncovered in X/Y, More on Hoopa/Volcanion [4/14]

I wonder how long before a generation starts off with a set of 3 games?

Maybe gen 7? ;D

Personally, I don't see how more versions might be a bad thing. Its not like the quality of the game itself suffers from it, apart from some version exclusives missing (but that has been the case with EVERY game including third versions so the point is invalid.).
All it does is adding a choice that is mostly aesthetic, and that's a plus in my book. More versions to choose from, more likely everyone will at least like one of them.
How far the differences go is up to how much work gamefreak wants to invest into that aspect, but unless you are obsessed with having to own every single version out there, I think we are still far from the point where the average fan will want to get both versions lol, you don't miss that much by not buying both.... so the way I see it, its extra money for them from people who can afford it anyway, while its still adds a choice and is actually an interesting feature of the game to contemplate the differences, especially if they intend to do more and more stuff like the volcano in BW2 in upcoming games.

Luispipe8 said:
xxashxx said:
About time they came up with another move that hits Flying Pokemon that used Fly other than Sky Uppercut. I am not sure of any other moves that hit Pokémon that used Fly but I know Sky Uppercut does hit Flying Pokemon that used Fly.:)

I swear I read "Fly" like a thousand times. XDDDD And Smack Down didn't? And also the Weather does, so it kind of counts.

I did not know Smack Down knocked out Flying Pokemon that used Fly. I always wondered why it said so and so fell down while on the ground. I never used that move on a Flying Pokemon that used Fly. I never knew Smack Down even did that actually. I knew it always does a lot of damage but did not know about Smack Down ever doing that because there is now only like 3 moves that can hit Fly Pokemon. Sky Uppercut Smack Down and this new move. Weather moves hit but not like the other moves. It kind of counts but weather moves are not like the other moves.:)

The move hits pokemon that are otherwise immune to Ground moves, due to their Flying type, Levitate or Magnet Rise. It then grounds them in the same way as Smack Down.
Whether it hits pokemon in the middle of performing the move "Fly" is unclear at this point, but since Smack Down does, I'm pretty sure Thousand Arrows will too.

Then why does Smack Down say the Pokemon fell down when a Pokemon did not use Fly but used another move instead?:)

xxashxx said:
Then why does Smack Down say the Pokemon fell down when a Pokemon did not use Fly but used another move instead?:)

The point of Smack down is making the opponent vulnerable to Ground moves for the rest of the battle. It doesn't matter if they're hoolahoop dancing.

One thing I don't understand, why are people saying they'll go the B2W2 route again? o_O

Tuoko said:
One thing I don't understand, why are people saying they'll go the B2W2 route again? o_O

Because it looks like there will be 2 moves for Zygarde; this implies it will have 2 different formes.
2 formes = 2 games.

His Goominess said:
Tuoko said:

Because it looks like there will be 2 moves for Zygarde; this implies it will have 2 different formes.
2 formes = 2 games.

OR it learns two new moves...without a different form...

Anything's possible, right?

Obviously the "Thousand Arrows" move sounds pretty good, I basically just see it as a less powerful Earthquake with Mold Breaker built in. If it ends up working as Smack Down does, then I might actually want to use Zygrade.

Matty said:
His Goominess said:
2 formes = 2 games.

OR it learns two new moves...without a different form...

Anything's possible, right?

Kyurem got 2 new moves and got 2 forms for 2 games. since Kyurem is like Zygarde it is most likely
that Zygarde will also get 2 new forms - that is just logical speculation of course but it is just seems too obvious.

I figured... It wouldn't surprise me if there are two formes, though. I just didn't understand the whole game thing at first. :b

And one thing to note, Kyurem's two moves, Ice Burn and Freeze Shock, were related to Reshiram/Zekrom,

Zygarde's possible two moves, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves... Have some relation to Yveltal/Xerneas?

Thousand Arrows hits Pokemon in the air, correct? Yveltal flies in the air.
Thousand Waves hits Pokemon on the ground, yes? Xerneas is on the ground.

Its not just that there are 2 moves.

The moves themselves are clones of Zygardes current lackluster signature move "Lands Wrath", but with an added effect.

So its even more obvious that Lands Wrath is the "placeholder" move that changes with forme than it was with Kyurems signature moves, because Glaciate was utter crap that changed to proper signature moves (still crap with the charge-turn tho I know lol).
So with Kyurem it could have been that it was gonna "learn" the other two moves additionally to Glaciate (but nope it was placeholder for them), but in Zygardes case there is no doubt as the 3 moves have identical power, accuracy, PP, type and all hit all enemies.

Oh yeah we could have X2/Y2 The only problem with this is People will think X Men 2 and the Year 2000 if they see the game titles like this. If they do Pokemon Z featuring Zygarde on the cover this would work better and if they put the moves version exclusive they would have to make 3 sequels. That would not work unless they make one of the moves exclusive to X/Y both as of right now and then if they do X2/Y2 then it would work since there are 3 moves and not just 2 moves. That is the only way it would work. They could also make 3 separate Zygarde events as well if they release these moves.:)

Im really hoping they release a third version/sequel/gen 3 remake soon. Im seriously already bored with X/Y (bred shinies to death) and want something with a better story and a lot more to do postgame than what X/Y offered.

I wish box legends/counterparts were VGC legal, if only because using Thousand Arrows on opposing Rotoms/Talonflames/Zards would be awesome ^_^ (assuming it hits and knocks down Pokémon with Levitate too).

You would think they would do it before gen 7 right? We have had a few hints for awhile now about gen 3 remakes now. I wonder if they will add these moves in the remakes if they do them or it they will do them in X2/Y2 or Pokemon Z if GAMEFREAK picks any of these possible titles.:)

xxashxx said:
You would think they would do it before gen 7 right? We have had a few hints for awhile now about gen 3 remakes now.

Not really. At least none that would be more than minor references that aren't also made for the rest of games.

I mean in DP they smacked the red Gyarados in the first scene of the game, THAT was a deliberate hint.

Oh yeah that was a dead giveaway that HG/SS was in the works. I forgot about that. But what about that one dude or girl in 5th gen? Forgot where you see the person in the games. Not talking about Cynthia but that other person.:)

The way I see it, Land's Wrath is just a placeholder for Thousand Arrows/Waves. The first thing that comes to mind is Zygarde fusing with 2 others to turn Land's Wrath into Thousand Arrows or Waves, but it doesn't feel right for it to be a fusion. Its still possible, but I think 2 form changes like Rotom's that increases its BST, removes a certain move and teaches another. That's just me though.

Back