Three New Moves Uncovered in X/Y, More on Hoopa/Volcanion [4/14]

Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are both top-tier attacks. Two attacks, two Zygarde formes a la Black and White Kyurem?

Looks like 2 sequels again indeed.

Whether they'll call them X2Y2, or XZ & YZ, or Z & 0, or whatever..
but its clear that "Arrows" is meant to be a countermeasure to Yveltal, since its effect is to specifically hit Flying types and ground them. So I assume we will have Zygarde in new form fighting ONE of the other legends depending on version.

What the.. Hold hands is the 6 gen Splash ?

Volcanions ability is awsome but that s.def and speed leaves him really fragile against electric attacks

Hoopa seems like a great calm mind user .. too bad its def stat is awful

Notice that both of them have the same HP ATK & SPD is that mean something ?

scattered mind said:
What the.. Hold hands is the 6 gen Splash ?

Notice that both of them have the same HP ATK & SPD is that mean something ?

Well there is already Celebrate if you needed a move that does nothing ;D
Hold hands at least requires double battle.

Nah, all the stats mean is that gamefreak was lazier this time and didn't pick random numbers like "77" and "106" for their stats xD

A thousand arrows and a thousand waves sound really interesting, I think there might be a ZX and ZY just because of the 2 different moves, one form could have his tail become more large and hitting the ground turning into a thousand waves while in the other his frill neck thing becomes more sharp and larger and he shoots them out as a thousand arrows, I don't really care much for hold hands.

Very interesting. So Zygarde will be Kyurem 2.0. Hope it becomes useful.
And man, all the event legends this gen are really slow.

Scorched Feathers said:
R.I.P Talonflame
2013-Whenever this happens

Talonflame? It's a Flying Type, Ground Type doesn't affect it... e.e
Anyways, I wonder how would they do that, because if we turn out to have Blue Zygarde with Geomancy and Thousand Waves, and Red Zygarde with Oblivion Wing and Thousand Arrows I'd be pretty disappointed... u.u

The two ground moves sounds really interesting.

But, I'm more excited about Volcanion, can't wait to add him to my Water-type collection! (Water Absorb + Fire-type=awesome!)

Luispipe8 said:
Scorched Feathers said:
R.I.P Talonflame

Talonflame? It's a Flying Type, Ground Type doesn't affect it... e.e

*cough* Thousand Arrows hits everything in the air. At least that's what's being speculated.

scattered mind said:
Scorched Feathers said:
R.I.P Talonflame

Unless it will be Uber

It might be, depending on its stats :x

Oh, that. But anyways, it won't damage it THAT much. Besides, 2 Gale Wings Brave Birds will certainly knock out Zygarde before a Thousand Arrows+Earthquake combo comes in. In doubles, though... Well, gg there.

^Thousand Arrows will already hit for weakness since Talonflame is part-Fire...

So, two games again? Not that I didn't like Black 2 and White 2 but I was hoping for Grey and there was no Grey... Now I'm hoping for Z but it seems there won't be any Pokémon Z... But it's nice to see some new info to speculate about Zygarde's role in the next games... I still wonder if the formes will be Mega Evos or just regular formes...

Metalizard said:

So, two games again? Not that I didn't like Black 2 and White 2 but I was hoping for Grey and there was no Grey... Now I'm hoping for Z but it seems there won't be any Pokémon Z... But it's nice to see some new info to speculate about Zygarde's role in the next games... I still wonder if the formes will be Mega Evos or just regular formes...

I know, but Talonflame is most likely to survive a Ground-type attack better than a Rock Slide.

Metalizard said:

I also hoped for pokemon z but more because I thought that the b2w2 was just a one time gimmicky but cool thing.

I dont know about mega evolution.. they said that there will be no mega evolution this gen for any 6 gen pokemon iirc.
Also there is no pokemon until now who recieved a new move after mega evolved so I am not sure if that is the case.
but who knows

Luispipe8 said:
Metalizard said:

I know, but Talonflame is most likely to survive a Ground-type attack better than a Rock Slide.

No not really, it's still a OHKO.

If I'm reading the second attack right and it works how I think it will, it will probably get banned.

About time they came up with another move that hits Flying Pokemon that used Fly other than Sky Uppercut. I am not sure of any other moves that hit Pokémon that used Fly but I know Sky Uppercut does hit Flying Pokemon that used Fly.:)

xxashxx said:
About time they came up with another move that hits Flying Pokemon that used Fly other than Sky Uppercut. I am not sure of any other moves that hit Pokémon that used Fly but I know Sky Uppercut does hit Flying Pokemon that used Fly.:)

I swear I read "Fly" like a thousand times. XDDDD And Smack Down didn't? And also the Weather does, so it kind of counts.

Back