TCG Fakes thegrovylekid's Fake Cards - Pokédex Project! (Text Based)

I honestly don't think its worth showcasing your texts through cards that you generate online. For one, online generators degrade the realistic appearance and the overall quality of the card, and don't really display unique text concepts nicely. I can't actually tell placing, but I do know the second generator has particularly bad placement, while the first generator is off in a few areas like I mentioned (and areas I probably haven't mentioned). Also, fake generators are cheap - any 5-year old can make something like this in seconds - and show you haven't put a great deal of effort into the actual card. I really do think it is worth trying GIMP and asking people who know a bit more if you have problems.

I honestly don't think its worth showcasing your texts through cards that you generate online. For one, online generators degrade the realistic appearance and the overall quality of the card, and don't really display unique text concepts nicely. I can't actually tell placing, but I do know the second generator has particularly bad placement, while the first generator is off in a few areas like I mentioned (and areas I probably haven't mentioned). Also, fake generators are cheap - any 5-year old can make something like this in seconds - and show you haven't put a great deal of effort into the actual card. I really do think it is worth trying GIMP and asking people who know a bit more if you have problems.
I still have no idea what I'm doing. I'll probably stick to text, but honestly, I don't mind this generator. I've asked for a guide on how to make the cards on GIMP in the fake card resources and help thread, but I'm quite fine with this for now.

In case you can't tell, I love artwork where the Pokémon is staring into your soul.

Parasect_Deckromancer.jpg

Attachments

• Parasect_Decromancy.jpg
    Parasect_Decromancy.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops, didn't mean to hit the "post" Button. Fail xD
Bellsprout_Decromancer.jpg
Weepinbell_Deckromancy.jpg
Victreebel_Dekromancer.jpg
Treecko_Decromancy.jpg
Grovyle_Deckromancy.jpg
Grovyle_Decromancy.jpg
Sceptile_Deckromancer.jpg
I almost want a create-a-card contest where the Pokémon aren't allowed to do damage, that would be fun, challenging, and interesting.
Fun fact: As of the day this post is created, Sceptile and I are the exact same height and weight!
Budew_Deckromancer.jpg
That symbol to the left of the attack name means no energy. Also, keeping with the trend of babies being rares for some reason.
Roselia_Decromancy.jpg
Roserade_Decromancer.jpg
I will be updating this set in both text and image based from now on. Once I get all caught up... *sighs*

Carnivine HP: 90 [G]
Basic
Spr_4d_455.png
[G] Luring Trap
Switch your opponent's active Pokémon with one of your opponent's benched Pokémon.

[G][G] Thousand Lashes 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the amount of [G] energy attached to Carnivine that is not used to pay for this attack's cost. Shuffle all energy attached to Carnivine into your deck.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [W] -20
Retreat: 1
Carnivine_Decromancer.jpg
I COMPLETELY forgot about Carnivine. Whoops! Is Carnivine just THAT forgettable?
Also, here's Leafeon:
Leafeon_Deckromancer.jpg
Snivy_Deckromancer.jpg
Servine_Deckromancer-1.jpg
Serperior_Decromancy.jpg
Karrablast_Decromancer.jpg
Skiddo_Decromancy.jpg
Gogoat_Deckromancy.jpg
And with that silly mishap, that's all the grass types done in both text and image form! I'll hopefully finish the fire types tomorrow!

Wow. So for 3 grass energies, Carnivine does 10 damage. I know that TPC is in the habit of making filler cards, but this is taking it a little far, no?

I love your images, especially the art.

I didn't think of that XD use it for the first attack?
Oh, and by the way, here's the Cyndaquil line:
Cyndaquil HP: 50 [R]
Basic
155.png
Ability: Warmth
When you play Cyndaquil from your hand to your bench, you may heal 30 damage from 1 of your Pokémon.

[R][C] Ember 30
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokémon is now burned.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:

Cyndaquil_Deckromancer.jpg
Quilava HP: 80 [R]
155.gif Stage 1: Evolves from Cyndaquil
156.png
[R] Flame Wheel 20
Move all [R] energy attached to Quilava to your benched Pokémon in any way you like.

[R][C] Fire Spread
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. [Don't apply weakness and resistance for this damage.]

Resistance:
Quilava_Decromancer.jpg
Typhlosion HP: 110 [R]
156.gif Stage 2: Evolves from Quilava
157.png
Ability: Explosive Flames
If this Pokémon is your active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack [Even if this Pokémon is knocked out] put 2 damage counters on the attacking Pokémon.

[R][R][C] Eruption 120-
this attack does 10 less damage for each damage counter on Typhlosion.

Resistance:
Retreat: 2

Typhlosion_Decromancer.jpg
Flareon_Deckromancer.jpg
Fennekin_Decromancy.jpg

Braxien_Deckromancer.jpg
Delphox_Deckromancer.gif

Can't find the motivation to work on the set, so I'll just post a random card.

Lilligant_Deckromancy.jpg
I gave GIMP another try today. I didn't figure it out and got super stressed, so you guys are going to have to put up with online Generator cards. Thank you for understanding. :)

Seeing as the Judging is happening for July's Create-A-Card, I'll go ahead and post my Chimecho now.
Chimecho HP: 70 [P]
Basic

Ability: Soothing Chime
Once during your turn [before you attack] you may search your deck for an basic Energy card and discard it. If you do, flip all your Prize cards face up. Heal 10 damage from each of your Pokémon for each Pokémon in your Prize cards. Then, flip all your prize cards face down. You can’t use more than 1 Soothing Chime ability per turn.

[P] Moving Melody
Shuffle all basic Energy cards in your discard pile back into your deck. Then, switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:

Can't find the motivation to work on the set, so I'll just post a random card.

I gave GIMP another try today. I didn't figure it out and got super stressed, so you guys are going to have to put up with online Generator cards. Thank you for understanding. :)

Why are you getting stressed? Why not maybe put in a little effort and ask me or anyone else who uses gimp?

Also don't be that guy who puts out lower quality stuff and writes "please understand", I like your cards and ideas, but seeing them on online generators makes me unhappy because I think you can put in a little more effort and make some impressive cards! Like I said, you have some great ideas and concepts, but if you want to convert them to image based you need to commit to it, and not post sloppily made generator cards.

Just for fun [and to annoy @Jabberwock]

Kadabra HP: 90 [P]
063.gif Stage 1: Evolves from Abra
064.png

Ability: Psychic Confusion
Once during your turn, you may flip a coin. If that coin is heads, flip another coin. If that coin is heads, search your deck for a Pokémon and either put it on your bench or discard it. If you put it on your bench, your turn ends. During your next turn, that Pokémon has 20 more HP. If you discard it, flip a coin. If heads, shuffle all energy cards back into your deck. If tails, your turn ends. During your next turn, flip a coin. If heads, draw a prize card. If tails, your opponent draws a prize card. Either way, this Pokémon takes 20 damage.

[P][P][C] Mind Alter 10
Your opponent reveals his or her hand. Discard the top card of your opponent's deck for each card in his or her hand. Then, your opponent puts his or her hand to the side, and it cannot be altered or touched in any way until the end of his or her next turn.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat:1

I'll probably just randomly update this now, can't wait for the next CaC contest!

Oh wow. Because you have annoyed me so, I'm going to critique everything! >:]

"Once during your turn, you may flip a coin."
I need to know exactly when in my turn I can use the Ability. I assume 'before your attack', so there should be the (before your attack) after 'turn'.

"...you may flip a coin. If that coin is heads, flip another coin. If that coin is heads..."
This is a complicated way to flip two coins when you could have said "...you may flip 2 coins. If both of them are heads...".

"During your next turn, that Pokémon has 20 more HP."
This needs a 'Then,' at the beginning, so I am a least a little bit less confused and so you are periodically accurate.

"If you discard it, flip a coin."
You are flipping 'another coin', remember. :p

"If heads, shuffle all energy cards back into your deck."
Energy cards from where? Also, energy should be Energy.

"During your next turn, flip a coin."
Another 'Then,' goes at the beginning here. And you're flipping 'another' coin. :3

"If heads, draw a prize card. If tails, your opponent draws a prize card."
'prize' should be captilised as 'Prize'.

"Either way, this Pokémon takes 20 damage."
I do hope you know that you only take 20 damage if you had to flip a coin for a Prize card...

"Your opponent reveals his or her hand. Discard the top card of your opponent's deck for each card in his or her hand. Then, your opponent puts his or her hand to the side, and it cannot be altered or touched in any way until the end of his or her next turn."
Firstly, this is overpowered cause you lock your opponent into dead draw immediately. Secondly, there is actually an amazing Empoleon Lv.X that does a very similar thing to this. Using that as reference, the attack would be worded something like this:

"Your opponent reveals his or her hand. Discard the top card of your opponent's deck for each card in his or her hand. Then, your opponent puts his or her hand face down next to their Active Pokémon. (These cards are not in play or in your opponent’s hand.) At the end of your opponent’s next turn, return those cards to your opponent’s hand."

Currently taking requests!

And also, because I'm pretty sure nobody's going to request this:
Pichu HP: 50 [L]
Basic
172.png
Ability: Baby Energy
Each basic energy card attached to your active Pokémon counts as 2 Energy cards of that type.

[C] Spark 20
This Pokémon does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:

So, request time!

Requests:
bbninjas - Stantler FINISHED
Tails - Whimsicott EX FINISHED
Plasma Dragon - Zoroark FINISHED
Jabberwock - Hydreigon FINISHED
Purrloin - Sunflora EX FINSISHED
Tails - Audino EX and M Audino EX FINISHED
Skyleaf2000 - Larvesta and Volcorona FINISHED

Last edited:
Trivia time!

An Energy card attached to something is considered an 'Energy' not 'Energy card'. Whenever an Energy card is not attached to something, it is considered an 'Energy card' not 'Energy.' Also remember to captilise things like Active and Energy.

Also, Pichu is pretty much overpowered. It effectively makes a DCE of every energy, which is pretty insane. >_>

And requests! I request a... Stantler.

Stantler HP: 70 [C]
Basic
234.png
[C] Alluring Horns
Switch the Defending Pokémon with one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. The new defending Pokémon is now Confused.

[C][C] Stomp 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:
I find myself preferring "starting" Pokémon.
This is for @bbninjas!

Whimsicott EX HP: 140 [G]
Basic
547.png
Ability: Warm Summer Breeze
Once during your turn, (before you attack), when you play Whimsicott EX down from your hand, you may use this Ability. Each Energy card attached to your Active Pokémon provides [R] as well as its original type, but only provides 1 Energy at a time.

[C][C] Hay Fever
If the Defending Pokémon tries to attack during your Opponent's next turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing.

When a Pokémon-EX has been knocked out, your opponent takes 2 prizes.
Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
This ones for @Tails!

Last edited:
Back