Finished The Void

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
The Void (RPG, PM to join)
Eleven people. Two worlds. One way out.

P0KEVORTEX said:
Darkrai sticks out a shadow-filled hand and Drake turns to dust.

Storyline:
It is the year 3011. After an experiment in a factory goes horribly wrong and a Muk’s fumes are combined with some dangerous machinery, the people of Insomnia (a small town on the outskirts of Johto with a tiny population of 11, close to the factory,) inhale the toxic fumes without noticing, which soon transport them to another galaxy...
The eleven people that inhaled the fumes find themselves marooned on a small island, known as The Void, where they have huts with sleeping quarters and three Pokemon each, and they desperately need to escape: the volcano is about to erupt! There is no visible way out of the islands: the sea’s current is too strong to swim or go by boat – the only way out is when a portal back to Insomnia opens, and there is no telling when that will happen. However, as the trainers’ Pokemon get stronger, the likelihood of the portal opening grows.
Night, the young president of Insomnia, is in charge of the locals’ safety and so decides to lead this venture back to his hometown. He has managed to keep a limited supply of Rare Candies and PokéBalls, and other than that, the trainers will have to train for themselves against the most powerful of Pokemon, who appear frequently on the island. Rumours say that even the holy Arceus itself has appeared on the island before, so defeating the island’s inhabitants will not be easy. Heatran is ready to strike, and Darkrai wants your soul the more that you train. Will you stay weak and never leave or will you dare to outrun Darkrai?

Explanation
In this RPG, you will play as a Pokémon Trainer with 3 Pokemon. You get to choose these Pokemon, but they must be basic and non-legendary. They will begin at Level 10.
I will set tasks for you to do, which will earn you Rare Candies, Poké-Balls or items. These may be general or specific to individual characters.
In your free time, you may battle wild Pokémon to level up (but please make the battles sensible), catch non-legendary wild Pokemon (but only up to 6, they must be basic,) battle other people on the island (you may battle me if you ask to, and for 2-player battles, I will calculate damage) or explore the island. Other options may appear as the game goes on, so make sure that you read every post!

Evolution/Items
Pokémon can evolve under appropriate conditions – ones that need to level up can level up at the appropriate level. Pokémon that need items to evolve will need to obtain that item somehow, as a reward for battling or performing a task. Pokemon that evolve through friendship will evolve after they have been used in 3 battles. Pokémon that need trading can be traded with other users. Special Pokémon like Feebas/Karrablast/Shelmet will all evolve at Level 30. Eevee or Tyrogue will evolve into your required form once I think that you have contributed enough to the game – I will PM you at that stage.

Rules
-All PokéBeach rules apply
-No spamming, just post about topic
-No god-modding
-Use appropriate grammar (please don’t put unneeded capitals or particularly bad spelling)
-Be sensible
-If you wish to drop out of the game, please PM me, don’t just ignore the entire thing
-If you are inactive for over a week without telling me beforehand, you will be removed from the game
-If you are speaking out of character, say so in some way (OOC and IC are fine)

Form (please PM me)
-Username
-In-Game Name
-Other info that may be necessary

The Void – Verbal Map
Seafront Shacks - Your main sleeping quarters and your general dorms.
Fauna Forest - The forest in the centre of the island. Many wild Grass, Bug and Dark type Pokemon can be found here, but legendaries only appear after certain events and cannot be caught.
Sacred Shrine – A small shrine dedicated to Arceus. Not much is known about this area, other than it is believed to be holy. It is located in the deepest part of Fauna Forest and requires a Normal-type to access it.
Beach – A small beach where Water and Ground type Pokemon are occasionally found.
Mt. Illusion – A tall volcano overlooking the island, full of Fire, Steel and Rock type Pokemon. Magma spurts violently about the area, and geysers occasionally rise unexpectedly. When it will erupt is unpredictable, but it has yet to come.
Mirage Valley – A large valley where Normal, Fighting and Flying type Pokémon can be found. This is a sheer drop and people must take care when entering the valley in case they lose their footing. It is a good idea to take Flying type Pokemon here with you for safety.
Toxic Cave – A vast and hollow cave where Psychic, Ghost and Poison type Pokémon are found.
Night's Underground Storage System - A network of tunnels filled with lockers of evolution stones, Rare Candies, other items, PC boxes for each person and even food! Legendaries and Rotoms have the ability to access these chambers by themselves, and as a result, Rotoms will occasionally be inside. The rooms cannot be accessed without one of the aforementioned Pokemon or Night's permission.
Please join if you're interested and I hope that you enjoy this! The game will start either after ten people join or after a week. Also, please let me know if anything is unclear or I have missed out something that you should deem important.

Characters

-Username: P0KEVORTEX
-In-Game Name: Night
-Pokémon: Chandelure (Lv.65), Dusknoir (Lv.65), Garchomp, (Lv.70), Lucario (Lv.75)
-Other info that may be necessary:
Night is the president of Insomnia, and used to be a Ghost-type gym leader until he found an injured Gible lying on the side of a road and cared for it until it became a strong Garchomp.
Night also used to have a Lucario, which disappeared into the factory once and never came out. His life's ambition was to find Lucario, no matter what it takes. He managed to find him in Mt. Illusion. However, Night doesn't quite seem to be releaving everything...

-Username: BrOkenICE
-In-Game Name: Dusk
-Pokémon: Chandelure (Lv.50), Stoutland (Lv.50), Vanilluxe (Lv.50), Serperior (Lv. 50), Zoroark (Lv. 50)
Dusk hates crowded places and prefers to be alone.
-Items: Magma Stone (it's in his possession)

-Username: thefleeee
-In-Game Name: Rahul
-Pokemon: Scizor (Lv.35), Larvitar (Lv.35), Tyanmo (Lv.35), Togepi (Lv.35), Rotom (Lv.60)
-Other info that may be necessary: N/A
-Items: Magnet

-Username: Robot3300
-In-Game Name: Ben
-Pokémon: Leavanny (Lv.50), Zebstrika (Lv.50), Samurott (Lv.50), Rampardos (Lv.50), Togekiss (Lv.50), Spiritomb (Lv.50)
Items: Magnet, Miracle Seed

-Username:Umbreon/Espeon
-In-Game Name: Dark
-Pokémon: Umbreon (Lv.35), Mightyena (Lv.35), Gallade (Lv.35), Sceptile (nicknamed Arrow) (Lv.35)
-Items: Potion (x6)

-Username: shampoo-thief
-In-Game Name: Darkrai (Nero's Form)
-Pokémon: Arcanine (Lv.80), Charizard (Lv.80)
Prefers fire type Pokémon to others. Was possessed by Darkrai, but may have lived.

-Username: Sloopy
-In-Game Name: Noah
-Pokémon: Primeape (Lv.30), Raichu (Lv.30), Mr. Mime (Lv.30)
-Other info that may be necessary: Unregistered user.

-Username: mlouden03
-In-Game Name: Darkrai (Kira's Form)
-Pokémon: Tyranitar (Lv.80), Tauros (Lv.80), Gengar (Lv.80)
21, cocky..
Wants to escape and is willing to sacrifice everyone else if that's what it takes.
Yes, that means you (other players) lol
Darkrai has taken Kira's soul as his second form. Whilst Darkrai was defeated, Kira is rumoured to have been returned to his normal state...

-Username: Dragonspit999
-In-Game Name: Darkrai (Drake's Form)
-Pokémon: Porygon-Z (Lv.80), Aggron (Lv.80), Starmie (Lv.80)
-Other info that may be necessary: Darkrai has taken Drake's soul and now he is in control of a human form, ready to take Night's soul as well. Dusk is determined to stop him, and Night needs to keep an eye on things to make sure that they don't go wrong...

-Username: chellochello
-In-Game Name: William
-Pokémon: Pignite (Lv.30), Zoroark (Lv.30), Hitmontop (Lv.30), Bastiodon (Lv.30), Kangaskhan (Lv.30), Emolga (Lv.30)
-Other info that may be necessary: Returned after having his soul eaten by Darkrai because of pure passion and longing to be back. Two days after that longing, he hung himself pointlessly and now he's not coming back a third time.

Artwork
Here, you will find artwork that I or others have made specifically for the RPG. Please give credit to the creators, and ask before you use them. If you wish to submit your art for this, PM me.

TheVoidBannerjpeg.jpg

By P0KEVORTEX

Image code (delete the asterisks):
[IMG*]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j424/P0KEVORTEX/Pokemon%20Banners/TheVoidBannerjpeg.jpg[/IMG*]

GarchompTheVoidBanner.png

By P0KEVORTEX

Image code (delete the asterisks):
[IMG*]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j424/P0KEVORTEX/Pokemon%20Banners/GarchompTheVoidBanner.png[/IMG*]

Mission Log
Here is the place to keep track of the current mission and each mission brief.

Mission 1 - Battles That Rock (COMPLETE)
Golem: a strong, large and sturdy Pokémon. They inhabit the island, but are only found in two places. These Golem have been embedded in the volcano's rock until the mini-earthquake, and now they are angry. Your mission is to find them (use the verbal map) and defeat them. You must go together, it is unsafe to go alone. Once you have defeated it, bring it back to Mt. Illusion where it will not trouble you again. There are four to defeat. Good luck!

Mission 2 - Stop the Dark-Types (COMPLETE)
Dusk must stop Darkrai from annoying Heatran and the others must stop Zoroarks and Dittos from shapeshifting and causing trouble on the Beach.

Mission 3 - Judgement Day (COMPLETE)
Your mission is to find Arceus' shrine (the verbal map will help) and make a vow to Arceus. This vow can be anything you like, but be careful - Arceus is all-knowing...

Mission 4 - Rotom Rampage (COMPLETE)
Simply stop Rotom, who is in the furthest of Night's underground chamber system, and defeat him in a battle to earn a special surprise...
Anyone who participates in the challenge will earn the reward. I will RP as Rotom and esttimate damage, like with Heatran. Good luck!

Mission 5 - Eruption! (COMPLETE)
Heatran's Magma Stone has been taken by Darkrai and placed in Dusk's hands! Now, Heatran is causing an eruption of Mt. Illusion. You must work to tame him and save your lives!
*NOTE*
BrOkenICE will recieve half of his reward for this if he participates, since his vow was to stop Heatran and Darkrai.

Mission 6 - Face to Face With Death (COMPLETE)
Each trainer must use their time-turner (you'll each find one in your pockets) to turn back time to 3000, where Darkrai and Heatran got on, and there were still many Heatrans. You must make your way over to Mirage Valley, jumping off as usual, and entering the Underworld. When there, you must work to avoid collisions with Dark types, since they are always ready to battle, and they are very strong in this realm. Once you have managed to catch up with Night and injure Darkrai, we can return to 3011 and the group can stop Darkrai once-and-for-all in Mission 7, the final face-off. What are you waiting for? Let's get going...

Final Mission (all remaining players) - The Test Of Fate (COMPLETE)
You wake up in a white room. It's empty except for you, a pen and a quiz sheet. The pen means that your answers can't be erased.
Blue light reflects off a mysterious spot. It appears to grow every second.
Pink light reflects off an adjacent spot. It also appears to rapidly grow.
'This is Night, your host speaking. You have until the 1st of September to finish these. There are 10 questions. Six is the pass mark. Fail to pass and the friends of mine will deal with you. Every answer is final and I will allow you to challenge questions at your own risk. Good luck.'
The voice fades, and the prescence of Dialga and Palkia can be easily sensed.
8 days to do this. But who will pass and who will fall at the last hurdle?

Results
Robot3300 (Ben) passed with 9 out of 10 correct.
BrOkenICE (Dusk) passed wth 8 out of 10 correct.
Well done, and I hope you enjoyed playing!

Ben's Solo Mission - Buried! (COMPLETE)
Find the box of items buried in the sand by using grid references with clues. All of your Pokémon will get to Level 35, and you can keep the items.

Dark's Solo Mission - The Dam Bibarels (COMPLETE)
See what I did there?
Anyway, your mission is to help some Bibarels. Their dam by the Beach was pecked apart by several Mandibuzz. Now, you need to find and defeat these Mandibuzz by exploring the island. I will tell you when you find one. Your Pokémon all get to Level 35.

Personal Vows to Arceus - Remember these!
thefleeee: Rid Toxic Cave of all its Psychic Pokémon, including the brutal Mewtwo, in order to get a Metal Coat and all of his Pokémon to Level 30. (COMPLETE)
BrOkenICE: Stop Heatran and Darkrai and earn 30 Rare Candies. (COMPLETE)
Robot3300: Rid the island of shapeshifting Pokémon to get a Shiny Stone and every Pokémon to Level 30. (COMPLETE)
chellochello: Look after his Pokémon and return for Emolga. (COMPLETE)

Whilst this RPG is over, the world of my OCs is far from it!
If you enjoyed this RPG or you're interested in joining one of mine in the future, I have a new RPG in store called Storage, which will be similar in content to a murder mystery, carefully planned for you to enjoy it as much as possible!
Storage is scheduled to be revealed on October 31st (Halloween) and commence on the 1st December.

Six more people are needed. In the meantime, you are allowed to explore the island. I will send you a quiz later today to win convenient items from. Also, when I'm posting in character, my writing will be in blue. Enjoy!

Four more people to go. Please feel free to interact with other users and explore the island! I will PM the quiz in a moment to all of the current characters.

OOC:

Will try to be on today but I have a date at 1:30 so yeah lol. I probably won't Really be active til After 4.

IC:

Kira awoke to find himself somewhere new..He walked around and soon saw people he recognized

"Where are we?" he asked

"We are in Void."
Night turns around, unaware as to who has said that. It definitely wasn't Kira, and he didn't see any other people around.
A Kirlia stands at his waist.
"Oh, so it was telepathy!" Night exclaims. He has never experienced telepathy before and is intrigued. "So, what is this place?"
The Kirlia once again communicates with the two.
"This is in another dimension. The only way back is through the portal, and it will take a long time for that to happen."
"So, how do we get the portal to open?"
"You need to have every citizen's Pokémon trained to at least Level 50."
Night's eyebrows raise dramatically.
"So... the other 10 people need to get their Pokemon to Level 50?"
"That is correct. Good luck."
The Kirlia spins around, blurring, until there is a pop and it disappears.
"Wow," Night remarks. "We've got a job to do..."

Yes, I'm British indeed. Where was the clue from? Was it the language in my last post?
Anyway, glad to see that you're getting into the game. You can always battle/catch Pokémon if you have the resources.

Out:
I already knew you were British.

In:
Dusk: "Hmm... I suppose I should go. If more people wake up, the more crowded this place will get."
Dusk got up and started to explore Fauna Forest.

Night, still shocked about the Kirlia and its powers, decides that he will tag along with Dusk.
"I'll tell you what - if you can catch a Pokémon in the next 20 minutes, I will give you a Dusk Stone as a reward. You better get going if you're up for the challenge!"
Many wild Pokémon roam about the area. They are mostly Bug and Grass type Pokemon, with a few exceptions.
A roar suddenly echoes from the heart of Mt. Illusion.
"I wonder what that was?" Night exclaims.
Another, more powerful roar is released, and the ground at their feet vibrates slightly.
"I have a feeling that it's a Pokemon. I'll go there in a couple of days' time to check what it was, but I'll need some assistance."

Dusk: "Ugh. I. Guess you can come along."
Night and Dusk walked into the forest. Dusk decided to take Night's offer and looked for a notible Pokemon to catch. Suddenly, a rustle of leaves.
Dusk: "Hmm. Go, Lillipup."
Dusk flicks a Luxury Ball and pops out a Lillipup.
Dusk: "Use Tackle on that tree."
Lillipup rammed itself into the tree making a Snivy fall off one of the branches.
Dusk: "Looks strong enough. Let's see. Lillipup use Rock Smash(tm)!"
The Lillipup charged, but the Snivy dodged, swiftly like wind.
Dusk: "Interesting. Go Vanillite!"
Dusk's Vanillite pops out.
Dusk: "Use Blizzard(tm)! If it dodges it's truely a notable Pokemon."
Vanillite inhales air then blows out a winterstorm. After the storm passes, the Snivy stood unharmed.
Dusk: "Lillipup use Bite!"
The Lillipup flipped in the air and came behind Snivy, then bit down.
Dusk: "Vanillite, finish it!
Vanillite gulped down air and a few seconds later, Snivy was frozen.
Dusk: "Go, Great Ball!"
*wiggle*
*shake*
*baa*
Dusk: "I caught a Snivy."

"Congratulations! You caught a rare Pokémon and also earned yourself a Dusk Stone just in the nick of time! You are a talented trainer, and I am happy to award you with your item."
He passes the shiny, deep purple stone to Dusk. It is perfectly round and a pattern inside it looks remarkably similar to a candle.
"Use it wisely, and remember that Chandelure doesn't learn any new moves after he's evolved, so make sure that you use it at the right time. I can't wait to see how powerful you will become after some more training."

I have calculated, and Snivy is Level 10. Tell me if you want to use your Rare Candies.

In:

Dusk: "If you don't mind, I'm going to continue alone. You know to train. Return!"
All of Dusk's Pokemon returned to their respective Pokeball.

Noah wakes up to find two injured Pokemon laying beside him, a Mankey and a Pikachu. He sits up, and fixes his eyes on the sun. He figured it was noon. Strangely, Noah cannot remember a thing from the night before. He takes an average red Pokeball out of his bag and says: "Go, Marcel". Suddenly, a Mr. Mime appeared out of the pokeball. " Marcel, stay here and protect Mankey and Pikachu, 'kay?", commanded Noah. " I have to find some revival herbs or something to revive them. I'll be back soon' . I promise." Noah adjusts his fading Ottawa Senators cap, and walks away to find something to help his fainted Pokemon.

OOC: I watched your tin opening video lol

Bit busy with stuff still..catscompletely trashed my cards so I won't be posting soon

In:
Meanwhile, Dusk was deep in the forest using his newly caught Snivy to battle his own Litwick.
The Litwick used Flamethrower.
Dusk: "Snivy, dodge using Double Team!"
The Snivy jumped in the air and and made copies of itself.
Dusk: "Now use Leaf Blade!"
All the Snivys came down on Litwick, one Leaf Blade at a time.

Drake woke up, found himself under a tree, and began to examine his surroundings. Where was he? He finally looked behind him, because either he slept on moss, the tree was extremely squishy, or he was imaging things. When he finally turned around, he jumped back, gasping. His pillow for the night had been a... What was that? It was some sort of pudding looking thing, but had bones, and eyes... He poked it with a nearby stick. When he did, it floated into the air, and then drake heard a voice. WHAT DOES THOU WANT TO KNOW? Drake jumped back. He had only heard a telepathic pokemon once before, but it looked nothing like this. "Ummm, where am I?..." YOU ARE IN THE FAUNA FOREST, TALKING TO ME... YOU ARE, OVERALL, IN A DIMENSION CALLED THE VOID. GOODBYE... And with that, the reuniclus left. Oh yeah... I forgot. I have seen that pokemon before. It was in my Uunova book. Reuniclus, was it?... Drake continued on into the forest, then seeing a flash of light. He continued walking to find someone battling a litwick with a snivy. The litwick was almost about to start a forest fire, using fire moves that carelessly... "Hey, who are you? BTW, watch your litwick. It is going to start a forest fire, unless you be careful..."

Dusk: "Snivy, Litwick stop."
Snivy and Litwick stopped battling and stood beside Dusk.
Dusk: "Litwick's fire is perfectly trained to harm only it's target. Who are you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back