The troll is dead: Garchomp's reign of terror has ended.

Clear said:
uh, may be because not enough people nominate auto-weather?

As for Excadrill, I have played PO quite a bit and I have to say that he isn't the problem. He can be countered left and right with Priority Conkel, or Luke. It is Tyranitar that is the problem. As I have stated before, while all other auto-weather needs to pick between hunkering down, or go for broke, Tyranitar does not need to worry about that.

Thundurus avoided the 2/3 +1 majority with the skin of its teeth, if he was a cat, I'd say he used up 8 of his 9 lives this time around, and will not live if he still proved to be a menace (which he probably will).

I would like to point out that neither of those Pokemon can OHKO Excadrill with priority. I'm pretty sure only Azumarill and one other UU Pokemon are able to OHKO, and even then they are not really counters as they are unable to switch safely into Excadrill's attacks.

Clear said:
Honestly, what can rain do these days with Swift Swim gone? Rain's purpose these days is to get rid of Sand.

I was ranked #1 on Smogon's PO Server with a Rain team that was completely worthless if Rain wasn't up. Rain should be banned... But I guess I need to abuse my team more....

Limitless said:
Weather makes the game more like a chess game. I like it.

Not at all really. Its more like rock paper scissors. At the very least, garchomp is now banned so sand teams can't fish for misses.

Pride said:
Clear said:
Honestly, what can rain do these days with Swift Swim gone? Rain's purpose these days is to get rid of Sand.

I was ranked #1 on Smogon's PO Server with a Rain team that was completely worthless if Rain wasn't up. Rain should be banned... But I guess I need to abuse my team more....

Limitless said:
Weather makes the game more like a chess game. I like it.

Not at all really. Its more like rock paper scissors. At the very least, garchomp is now banned so sand teams can't fish for misses.

How is strategically bringing in your weather like rock paper scissors?

I'm just glad that the endless debates of sand veil + sandstorm complex bans will die down

It's probably not going to impact the popularity of weather wars though so I can't say I'm too excited

Limitless said:

What you're talking about is randomness and predictability factors of bringing your auto-weather setter in, so much so that it's nearly opposite to chess in that sense. Rock paper siccors, however, is all about that. Another thing is that chess always has the same layout. Pokemon, however, does not and can be completely different each match (different Pokemon, different moves, possibly different weather).

A relation of Pokemon to chess would be like Scizor Pursuit trapping Reiunclus, or sacrificing one of your Pokemon to break a sub, then bringing in another Pokemon to finish off the now defenseless Pokemon.

Plato said:
no offense, but the voters this round were stupid. no weather bans, only banning chomp but not excadrill, thundurus or latios?

:/

... Why on Earth would you ban Excadrill? That thing has so many ways to be dealt with it's ridiculous. Also, Thundurus did get a simple majority. So it could still be banned yet. As for Latios, I'm not exactly sure what happened between last round (when latios got a simple majority), and this round (when very few voted for it to be uber), but I agree with you 100% here. :|

Finally, Garchomp is gone. It had 2 Pokémon (IMO), that were real solid counters, being Bronzong and Skarmory, and Skarmory couldn't do anything except for Phaze, so it even loses 1 on 1. Bronzong at least could HP Ice or Gyro Ball, but with Sand Veil, I actually have LOST Bronzong to Garchomp because of HP Ice misses. Maybe we can actually have a (somewhat) decent metagame with less hax than before. Thanks for your time Garchomp. Good bye, and good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :/

TheDarkLucario said:
Limitless said:

What you're talking about is randomness and predictability factors of bringing your auto-weather setter in, so much so that it's nearly opposite to chess in that sense. Rock paper siccors, however, is all about that. Another thing is that chess always has the same layout. Pokemon, however, does not and can be completely different each match (different Pokemon, different moves, possibly different weather).

A relation of Pokemon to chess would be like Scizor Pursuit trapping Reiunclus, or sacrificing one of your Pokemon to break a sub, then bringing in another Pokemon to finish off the now defenseless Pokemon.

I was using it as an analogy... not a fricken verbatim definition... I simply stated that it involved more complex thinking. If you honestly think Pokemon is as strategic as chess, then something is loco. I was simply using it as a metaphor.

Have you even encountered an Excadrill? It can get +2 in Attack and Speed in a SINGLE TURN. It has EQ+Rock Slide, offering near perfect coverage, and X-Scissor adds to it even more. It is immune to Toxic AND T-Wave, the two main counters to sweepers, and has at least decent bulk. The only real way to handle it is Technician Breloom with Mach Punch (which isn't even released yet) or Choice Banded Azumarill with Aqua Jet.

Hatman said:
Have you even encountered an Excadrill? It can get +2 in Attack and Speed in a SINGLE TURN. It has EQ+Rock Slide, offering near perfect coverage, and X-Scissor adds to it even more. It is immune to Toxic AND T-Wave, the two main counters to sweepers, and has at least decent bulk. The only real way to handle it is Technician Breloom with Mach Punch (which isn't even released yet) or Choice Banded Azumarill with Aqua Jet.

Or Gliscor, or Levitate Bronzong, or Hippowdon, or Slowbro (if they're holding Air Balloon), or Suicune, or Drizzletoed + anything that outspeeds it. There are so many ways to deal with excadrill, it's really quite ridiculous. It's not even close to uber. AT least not in my opinion.

._.

Sorry, I must be REALLY tired. I've finished up destrying a play fort and putting down topsoil on the destryed area, then putting down grass seed on top of that, made three trips to Lowe's during that time, and had to lift several at least 50 lb bags of dirt into the back yard.

Cool story bro.

I used Garchomp on a mono-ground team, and while it was powerful, it was never more powerful than the other sweepers in my team. I actually prefer Nidoking and Swampert for the surprise attack.

And now that I'm over my mono-type laddering days, I have no problem whatsoever countering Garchomp with Unaware Quagsire. Nine times out of ten, they don't understand what Unaware does, and spend three turns setting up SD while I Stockpile. GG.

Back