The Topic of Ghosts.

Can your Cat/Dog sence a presence of a ghost?

• Total voters
Har DyHar Har. I am living alone right about now and there is no such thing as santy-claus. I also noticed that every time i covered it up it came back every like 20 minutes or so.[including 20 mins. ago.It is sooo freaky.[P.S. I am not lieing My exclamation thing is broken.

@Tyrant Tyranitar. Well, I've never encountered unexplainable things in live so I cannot tell you. Of course you can show me some random youtube videos, but they could be faked as well.

@Unseen Psyco Poke-Fan. Congratulations, you're the first person ever to believe and not believe at the same time, you're a paradox yourself.

Did you witness the 'ritual'? Also, if you heat up a beetle, it will explode anyway, so I don't see why that would be a mystery.

Well was the jar heated? Do you have proof that this whole ritual thing even happened?

Still did your friends just tell you this happened and you think it's 100% true?

@Meaty. Argueing with him like this is a waste of time. It's either put up or shut up. As long as he doesn't take the time to fully explain what happened, some footage would also be nice, it's better to just take the default position and conclude that this is nothing more than nonsense.

Okay I'm sorry but I definitely have to assume that your story is made-up. I still believe in ghosts in general, but in a much more scientific way than summoning demons with rituals or whatever. I only believe in ghosts of the deceased, not random evil demons that can be ridden by waving a wooden cross around.

None that I can really claim, but I remember when I was three I used to see shadows that looked kinda like pigs scurry across the floor at night (we had no pets btw) and later came to find out that our house had used to be a pig farm

Now that's interesting and if you didn't know until later that it used to be a pig farm, then that would have been very coincidential imagination... Of course you could always be lying, but your story doesn't seem that absurd and I don't see why everybody would want to lie about seeing ghosts on this thread...

Lieing is stupid :/ to be honest that beetle exploding in a jar just seems a bit farfetched. I mean yeah it could be possibly but a beetle exploding for no reason seems a little extremist.

and ghosts are nothing more than a mere illusion created by your own fantasy. There is no evidence for ghosts, therefore no reason to assume people ''discover'' ghosts soon.
Yes because all people who believe in ghosts are crazy. Ok is there any proof that you have that ghosts are actually illusions? And no evidence for ghosts? There is actually more evidence that ghosts exist then evidence that disproves them. If that's you opinion then it's fine, but if not, then you need to stop throwing around false statements as facts.

@Tyrant Tyranitar. Yet people lie about a lot every day again. Even though it may be unconcious, it happens a lot. I can't do anything other than use religion as an example. Now let's take the biggest religion and assume they're right. Christianity in this case. Christianity counts 1.9 billion people. The world population is 6.8 billion. In other words, at least 4.9 people lie every day, of course if other religions appear to be true, or atheism, even more people lie about reality.

And no, a beetle exploding for no reason is not possible. And if you think it is, show me.

@scuba stevee. Well, the question is not, is there any proof that ghosts are illusions? But the question is, is there any proof ghosts exist? And if it turns that ghosts don't exist, then they cannot be more than a illusion created by mind. So, unless you're able to prove that ghosts exist and explain them, there is no reason to assume they really do exist. And therefore I will be taking the default position and say that they don't exist (and therefore I will also say that they must be an illusion, since that's the only option left). But of course, if someone is able to prove that ghosts exist, and I mean really proof and not show some vague footage, than I'll be willing to change my mind about the subject as any rational person would do. But till that moment I don't see any reason to assume they exist.

Also, why is it that if there is so much evidence for ghosts that there is no evidence put up in this thread yet?

And I have never projected false statements as facts. I only concluded that there is no evidence for ghosts (which is true), so therefore no reason to assume they exist and therefore they must be an illusion created by mind. See how I reason here? It is one point followed up by results and effects.

So again, and yes I will repeat this very often, since there is no evidence for ghosts it is logical to take the default position and conclude that they don't exist. Taking the default position is what we do with everything. Why don't you say that 3-eyed unicorns might exist? Well, because there is no evidence that supports them, so therefore it is logical to take the default position and conclude they don't exist. Now we have concluded that it is logical to take the default position there is no reason to say things like; Hey, why don't you prove ghosts don't exist, after all you say so. Well because I don't say that ghosts don't exist because there is 'evidence to disprove them' but because of the lack of evidence that supports them.

So in short terms, I don't have to prove anything. Disproving ghosts is also impossible. I would have to prove the existence of everything in existence in our whole universe, literally everything. Next, I would have to prove that besides everything that I have just proven there is no space left for anything else to exist, which includes ghosts. As you can see, this is impossible, so therefore it is you who has to come up with evidence that supports ghosts.

And like Chiraami has just said before, there is actually proof that it might be an psychological effect. People tend to see things that don't exist if they really want to see them. When people are really afraid of ghosts they tend to be almost in some sort of search of ghosts, and then everything will appear as a ghost.

And besides, even though I technically cannot disprove ghosts, I could sum up some points that go against the existence of ghosts. I only have to point out one fact, the fact that biology tells you a human being (or other animal for instance) is nothing more than a collection of atoms joined together interacting by chemical or electric energy. This has all been proven, as since there is no reason to assume there is more to it, there is also no reason to assume we have things like souls (which eventually become ghosts). Of course I could go on talking about why people like to assume there is more to it, but my post is getting too long and people won't bother reading it anymore if I do so.

HURTFUL. I was just telling you it was late at night[it was a sleepover]so we all could of dreamed the same dream or something.I was told to tell my storys and other stuff and I did.[I have not lied for 4 years I am working on a clean slate.]Just Saying I don't want to ruin this forum or thread so why don't we just discuss someone elses storys now please.[You made me feel bad waawaaa. Not joking exept for the waawaa that part was a joke.]I wish I could disprove them but then, at the same time I don't ahh rats just like choosing a book series.

Pokequaza,I know about the thing with your eyes playing tricks but for me just using science to prove everything doesn't work for me I need to see it to believe it.[Please stop using my story[or nightmare]in your lectures i'm already sad enough that people are criticicing what we were asked to do.

I'm just wondering, if thoughts are a real thing, wouldn't illusions be real too? Because illusions are the thoughts of the mind, or made up by the mind, whatever you want to call it, and the thoughts made an illusion to the person. And since thoughts are real, we have to conclude illusions are real. And if illusions are real and created ghosts, wouldn't the ghosts technically be real?
In a rundown, thoughts (which are real) create illusions, illusions creat ghosts.

I could be wrong and completely insane, but it makes a little sense to me. Btw, sorry if you didn't understand this. I'm not the most gifted at describing my thoughts. I'm just putting this out there.

That logic just means that people are seeing these things, but they might not physically be there.

Back