The Tier List (HS-BW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I agree Typhlosion is the better partner for the two, no question. However, if Reshiram decks are as popular here as in Japan, Emboar gives you the edge in the mirror as then your opponent needs a PlusPower every time they want to KO you. It's the same thing against Zekrom - they need a PlusPower to KO you in one turn if you use Emboar.

So while Typhlosion is the better partner overall, Emboar gives you better matchups against two of the most popular decks around (or at least in Japan)

My List...

Tier 1:
Mewgar
Donchamp
Magneboar
ZPS (Yanmega added)
Reshiphlosion

Tier 2:
Samurott (Gatr or not)
Donmega
ZPS (No Yanmega)
Reshiboar
Cappucino
Dragonfly or Choice Scarf AKA Cinccino/Zoroark/Yanmega
Kingccino
Donphan/Samurott
Reunichamp

Tier 3:
Steelix
Serpericlus
Gengar (No Mew)
RDLZone
Tyranitar

Tier 4:
Scizor
Jumpluff
Kingbuzz
Kingdra
Blastgatr or Blastzel
Most other things...

~AoH

^We seem to have very similar lists... Is there anything you would change on mine?

I do not see ZPS being good. It does not have anything late game, and it gets completely stalled by babbies IF they stay asleep. I think it needs to be moved to tier 2, just my 2 cents.

Well I'll move Gengar to Tier 2 as there seems to be a lot of support for that. However, most people seem to agree ZPS is Tier 1 so that will stay there for now.

Well, that's only if it has Yanmega for Tier 1. If it doesn't, it gets baby-stalled. If it does, they use Linear Attack to snipe off benched babies. ZPSMega is Tier 1, while ZPS is Tier 2. How about that?

Also, I would add Kingdra/Cinccino to Tier 2. Fair Matchups against everything but Magneboar is what I see, but that's all my speculation. Go ahead and decide for yourself.

Also on the Reshiphlosion/Reshiboar discussion, I'd put the 1st in #1, 2nd in #2 on tiers.

I]~AoH[/I]

why would you run cinccino by itself....cinpluff for sure is tier 1. its probably the fastest and consistent deck there

IMO ZPS shouldnt even be on the list...its not good

I never said to run Cinccino by itself... Add Kingdra, Zoroark, Yanmega, etc. But Cinpluff is a horrible deck. Neither benefits the other in anyway. Personally, I wouldn't even put any Jumpluff variant on the list. The Cinccino and Pichu variants flopped, and it by itself is Reshibait or Zekromunch.

I'll leave the ZPS thing off this post. Discuss how you want, but I take no part...

~AoH

Pluff is not that big a threat imo. Never has been against someone that knows what they're doing. Most decks can still get away with a reasonably small bench, and no matter how you shake it, Pluff is still a stage 2. Any reasonably well built deck shouldn't have much trouble with it.

o_O they have synergy...they both benefit from a full bench. fill the bench and then attack with either one of them and doing 100 damage T2...ya lets see your cleffa/minun/stantler take that...

First of all, ZPS is one of the two main decks in Japan right now, so it can't be bad. And it can't be so bad that it gets left off the list completely. Also, I assumed people relate Yanmega to ZPS decks; I haven't seen one that doesn't run it but I'll add Yanmega to the ZPS part of Tier 1.

I'll add Kingdra variants in general to Tier 3, then maybe move it up after I do some testing. And Cinpluff is staying off the list... Sorry :X

Arceus Of Heaven said:
My List...

Tier 1:
Mewgar
Donchamp
Magneboar
ZPS (Yanmega added)
Reshiphlosion

Tier 2:
Samurott (Gatr or not)
Donmega
ZPS (No Yanmega)
Reshiboar
Cappucino
Dragonfly or Choice Scarf AKA Cinccino/Zoroark/Yanmega
Kingccino
Donphan/Samurott

Tier 3:
Steelix
Reunichamp
Serpericlus
Gengar (No Mew)
RDLZone
Tyranitar

Tier 4:
Scizor
Jumpluff
Kingbuzz
Kingdra
Blastgatr or Blastzel
Most other things...

~AoH

I like this list a lot. But Reshiboar should be tier one, champiclus to tier two, and tier four shouldn't exist. I mean, Tier 3 is bad enough.

win said:
First of all, ZPS is one of the two main decks in Japan right now, so it can't be bad. And it can't be so bad that it gets left off the list completely. Also, I assumed people relate Yanmega to ZPS decks; I haven't seen one that doesn't run it but I'll add Yanmega to the ZPS part of Tier 1.

I'll add Kingdra variants in general to Tier 3, then maybe move it up after I do some testing. And Cinpluff is staying off the list... Sorry :X

idc if its on the list or not :p

ZPS seems to have to many situational things to be good. i dont usually have 3 energy in my opening hand...

win said:

Lostgar was the play in Japan when it came out, so people assumed it'd be the play here.

Tyraniking said:
win said:

Lostgar was the play in Japan when it came out, so people assumed it'd be the play here.

Seriously. This Japan business is getting ridiculous.

In Japan, they have 30 card decks, can only run 2 max of one card, and have 4 prizes. Same cards. Totally different game.

I put Reshiboar in Tier 2 due to it's inferiority to Reshiphlosion, and all in all, it can't set up as enough sometimes. Champiclus is essentially Donchamp varianted, so they are in part the same deck, but I'll add it to #2.

@storm07
They only play with 3 prizes, so you know. 1 prize per every 10 cards in your deck.

~AoH

I know that the format is different there, but a lot of the decks that are good there are also good here. A lot of the best players in the U.S. try to make predictions about what the metagame will be here starting with their metagame. Because usually the best couple decks there there are usually at least Tier 2 here; not so bad here they aren't in the top 4 tiers here...

Also, I'd suggest you actually play ZPS and test with it before making assumptions. Kingdra, for example, needed to start with Horsea, then have Kingdra, a water energy and a Rare Candy in its hand or a way to get all those cards by turn 2 of the game in order to donk. That's a lot of situational stuff as well. ZPS needs 3 basics and 3 energy. Will it donk every time? Heck no. But can it consistently setup faster than a lot of decks in the format? Yes.

Arceus Of Heaven said:
@storm07
They only play with 3 prizes, so you know. 1 prize per every 10 cards in your deck.

~AoH

Yeah man, you are right. That was actually a typo! Everything is halved.

sToRm07 said:
Arceus Of Heaven said:
@storm07

~AoH

Yeah man, you are right. That was actually a typo! Everything is halved.

Magmortar TRI with Emboar must be positively terrifying there then >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back