DPPt/HGSS The Spirit Pokemon Challenge

IcySalamence

Ace Trainer
The Spirit Pokémon Challenge

1. Spirit Pokémon
Your Spirit Pokémon is not your favorite Pokémon and you cannot choose your spirit Pokémon from any of the 659 Pokémon to be your spirit Pokémon. To find out your spirit Pokémon you need to go to any store near you that sells Pokémon cards. Pick any pack of cards you want to, the pack doesn’t matter, just pick one that feels right or a random one, do whatever you want. Then take the pack of cards that you got home and open it up. Inside of that one pack that you get will be your spirit Pokémon, but you have to decide which one it is. Choose which one feels like it fits you and feels right. I chose the Porygon that I got from a HS Triumphant pack because Porygon has a very fantasy like feel to it, and I myself tend to think more fantasy than reality. It might be hard to decide on yours and it might be easy. Once you have decided what your spirit Pokémon is make sure you remember it. I put my Porygon card in a card protector and put it in one of the gift card pockets of my wallet.

2. The Challenge
Once you have decided on your Spirit Pokémon you need to start a new game on any version you want, but your spirit Pokémon has to be obtainable on the game that you play. It is preferable that you have a friend with another system or another system yourself. Play through the game up to the point where you can trade with other players (after you obtain the Pokedex). Then trade over your spirit Pokémon (at level 1 if Diamond/Pearl+ or level 5 in games before Diamond and Pearl) from another game and use only that one Pokémon throughout the entire game. HM Slaves are allowed. If you are unable to find a friend that will trade you your spirit Pokémon then play through the game until you are able to catch one, then catch it and use only that Pokémon for the rest of the game.

3. Other Rules
-You cannot evolve the Pokemon as it would not be the same Pokemon.
-You can use any game on a handheld or legal emulator (Game Boy Player, the Pokémon Box method, Pokémon Stadium, etc).

Question! A few, actually.

~It's perfectly conceivable to pull a Legendary Pokemon in a pack. If that's the case, how does that work? It is possible to get them at lower levels via hacking, but for those who don't (I'm not one of them; I would totally hack for low-level legends for the lawl factor), what happens then? Am I just not allowed to choose that Pokemon; do I have to pick something else in the pack?

~Couldn't I just pick something without having to buy a pack? It could save a bit of time.

~Could I pick an evolved Pokemon as this Spirit Pokemon? For example, a Flareon or Magnezone?

Well That's another point is just because you get some super strong card in a pack doesn't mean its your spirit card. I guess it could be if that's really how you feel, but i'd say exclude legends from the challenge overall. evolved forms can count as my friend is jolteon.

As for the pack just go buy one, like 10 people have already talked to me about this, its like $4.00 at most and i promise there is a walmart or target within 10 minuets of you

No I Just Chose It Because I Love Steel,Dark And Dragon Types But I Got A Metagross.[Oh Yeah I Have The Action Replay And I Can Trade It And Over Level It To Make It Evolve.]:D

If you have an Action Replay, why not just start with a level 5 Metagross? :p

Making all your words start with capital letters makes it really tough to read...
A Porygon's tough to make it through any game with. You'd have to get it to a pretty high level to be able to beat... anything.
This sounds interesting. I think I'll try it :p

Phew... I thought this was some of that bonder insanity that has been floating around the internet recently.

Sounds good, I might try it.

^That's what I thought when I opened the topic as well, but this is actually quite fun and nifty =D

This challenge is really fun. There is a random pokemon sprite generator you can use so you don't have to buy a pack of cards, also. I'm playing Yellow using Mankey.

^ I think the point of using a pack is so you can have a choice of about 8 or 9 Pokémon instead of being limited to just one.
Plus, it's so much more fun to have the card of that Pokémon.
I think it would be good to have the attacks on that card (if they're included/learnable in the VG) as part of the moveset for that Pokémon. Just a random idea.

LOL, my Spirit Pokémon are the Unown. XD

But it isn't an Unown L or a Unown P. My Spirit Pokémon ARE the Unown.

Then trade over your spirit Pokémon (at level 1 if Diamond/Pearl+ or level 5 in games before Diamond and Pearl) from another game and use only that one Pokémon throughout the entire game.
loophole nullified :p

I suppose I could be saying this by now. I have been doing a Regigigas solo of Pokemon Pearl, and if I have to do a double battle I just use any random mon as backup, but for the most part I am using only Regigigas - not switching out or anything.

I traded it over at level 5 (a hack, but for the purpose of this run it doesn't matter), and right now it's level 71. I'm about to challenge the 8th gym, but I want to find the TM for Earthquake first so I don't need to rely constantly on Superpower.

Regigigas is awesome.

I think I will try this with an emulator, the sprite gen., and lots of luck (which im lying about. I dont have any luck) Either way, good luck everyone else. Ill post when I find my spirit pokemon.

P.S. You could do the sprite gen. 8 or 9 times to get a pokemon to choose from.

Groudon
Paras
Flygon
Roselia
Lairon
Clefairy
Gloom
Zapdos
Duskull
I have decided not to do ths. Im having trouble beating my own game right now. (soul silver) I might play after I beat it. Might. See ya people.

Back