The Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Sonic Unleashed was a good game: it was just a few issues with the Werehog levels and the Tornado minigame, but it was mainly a great game in my opinion. Did anyone dislike the day stages (this is not sarcasm)?

I really like Sonic 1-3, but since then it's kinda like the good part of the game, then an awful gimmick. I mean series progression would be fine, but it hasn't been so good this far IMO.

I liked Sonic Colours, but there were some reasons why Sonic Unleashed's day stages were better:

1. Bad Ranking System
2. No more Rings for Boost
3. 6 Acts for each Zone is overkill

(It's still a good game though.)

I can settle with the bad ranking system and more rings for boost. But yeah I played colo(u)rs at a friends house and 6 acts made it almost unplayable.

^Are you talking about the Wii version or the DS one? The DS one just has two acts, plus a boss, along with 2 optional missions.
Since Colors DS and Colors Wii are basically two totally different games, you need to specify.

^Are you talking about the Wii version or the DS one? The DS one just has two acts, plus a boss, along with 2 optional missions.
Since Colors DS and Colors Wii are basically two totally different games, you need to specify.
It's the Wii version I'm talking about.

mr_bump.jpg

Don't worry guys, this will be the last bump before I abandon this thread...

Fun Fact: It took me more than 4 years to beat the Zone 7 Boss in Sonic Advance 3 (I only won when I bothered using Tails).

Is Sonic Colors DS any good? I've been thinking of buying it and am wondering what everyone else thinks.

Sonic was actually my introduction to interest in video games. I had played Arcade and Nintendo games beforehand but when my brother had Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis I was hooked. I can't say I've bothered playing all of the newer ones, but I did enjoy Colors plenty.

I came over here from the SEGA forums, actually. That place is filled with arguements and console debates, however. Drives me crazy.

SoraNa said:
Sonic was actually my introduction to interest in video games. I had played Arcade and Nintendo games beforehand but when my brother had Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis I was hooked. I can't say I've bothered playing all of the newer ones, but I did enjoy Colors plenty.

I came over here from the SEGA forums, actually. That place is filled with arguements and console debates, however. Drives me crazy.
Same here actually, my first games being Pokemon Ruby, SA3 and Sonic Heroes.

Is Sonic Colors DS any good? I've been thinking of buying it and am wondering what everyone else thinks.
It's a lot like the Sonic Advance series - the only main difference is that you can only play as Sonic.
There are a bunch of sidequests, and in order to unlock tracks in the soundroom, you need to do all the extras. It's a bit frustrating, but the tracks are so amazing you won't mind jamming.

I like it, anyway.

Random Sonic Facts
  • I just noticed that the game "Drill Dozer" has very similar music to Sonic Advance 3.
  • There is also a Chaos Emerald (or at least something that looks exactly like one) in Drill Dozer as well.
  • Sunset Hill's music is a remix of Green Hill Zone, the first level from the first Sonic game.

Sonic isn't my favorite series, but it's okay. Maily because of all of the new 3D ones and whatnot. The original 2D ones are the best by a longshot. My favorite Sonic game and one of my favorite GBA games has to be Sonic Advanced 3. I love that game.

^Same here.I believe it will be good.

I hope SEGA implements a multiplayer segment as well,I'd be so overjoyed.

Sonic 4

I am disappoint.

Card Slinger J said:
There really hasn't been a good Sonic game since the Sega Genesis Era from back in the 90's

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
IT'S CALLED, SONIC COLORS!!!!
Best Sonic Game Ever Made. By Far. And trust me, I have played most of all the sonic games.
But hey, That's Just Me ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eODArFqHbf0

Tortonic said:
Reasons why Sonic Colors stages are better:

1. Better Ranking System
2. Whisp's = Win
3. 6 Acts for each Zone is Perfectly Awesome/Amazing

It's an amazing game.

There, i fixed your post for ya :)

I actually like every sonic game made they are good because
1. They arent too short or too long ( sometimes i would prefer the game never end because it is so fun)
2. They are just awesome

Back