The Sims 4 Discussion

Mistryss Nite

Is back from Beijing, China! ^.^
The Sims 4 is coming out in Fall 2014. There has been a lot of news pouring out about the new features and aspects of the fourth installment of the franchise. As news gets updated, I will try to collect much of the information here. Please feel free to comment on any upcoming features of the game or post any news.

News:

Will be updated soon
-Apparently, new skills will include: Violin, Guitar, Hacking, Cooking, Gardening, Writing, and even WooHooing.
-Relationships will be more complex
-Sims can be left or right handed
-There will be some online interactions
-You can now build and decorate in one mode-- Build &Buy Modes are now 1 mode
-Roofs can be molded & painted differently
-CAS: hats are now separate from hairstyles; clothing no longer includes jewelry; there are options for voices and styles of walks; body parts can now be pushed and pulled to desired location

Some questions to ponder:
Will you be buying the game? If so, which versions (deluxe, collector's edition, limited, etc.)?
Are you happy that they are finally coming out with a new Sims game?
What do you want them to bring back or take out?
How do you feel about the new emotional aspect of the game?

Source for much of the news: http://simsvip.com/2013/05/07/the-sims-4-fact-sheet/

Well, with Sims, I find that it's better to buy 3 and all of its expansions when 4 comes out, that way you have a complete version of 3, while everyone else is buying the very basic version of 4. 4 probably won't include pets or any of the cool Sims 3 add-ons until at least a year after it comes out.

Yeah, that's true. It will be pretty cheap. They still sale 2 really cheap at some paces, like Half Priced Books (in USA). And the sims never has any really good stuff until the expansions. They want us craving more and more.

Will probably get it at some point, but likely not at release unless I get a good deal. Thoroughly enjoyed the other entrances into the series, though I rarely get the expansions since they seem kind of complicated without adding much. I don't really care about the people all too much*, but my favourite part is just building cool houses and such (infinite money hacks, yesplz), so at that point, since I'm indifferent towards the new features, spending money to buy updates to furniture seems kind of silly.

With that in mind, buying and building in one is definitely useful, and I also like that you have more control over the roofs. Roofs always kind of seemed tacked on and not really handled all too well, at least to me, so hopefully this will be a nice option for improvement.

* - I like making houses/families/whatever starring characters from video games or something and then leave them more or less alone, watching little AI soap operas happen. "ohshi- Phoenix has the hots for Franziska?!" This is about as close as I get to actually playing the game as intended. Sometimes I make "Battle Royale" houses to see who is the last to survive. Maybe I'll combine both of those ideas this time to make a Hunger Games styles home...

I mainly just build house after house for the same family, and get bored of them every once in a while, so I want to see first if this time they have decent, non-amish clothes, good furniture and finishes and construction materials.
If hope they cut the crap with the prevalence of tudor style, classic style, inclined roofs and stupid themed furniture...

[img width=500 height=]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7313/9554099279_733c7da591_h.jpg[/img]
[img width=500 height=]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7312/9556887436_925d54931a_h.jpg[/img]

Dammit maxis... go talk to a damn architect, for once. We've had modern architecture since the 30s and yet you continue to pull this crap.

I like the themed furniture too, but only so I can use one thing from each theme.

Some of the themed furniture or added content is just ridiculous, though. It seems that they went out of their way to make some items crazy looking or just odd. I'm hoping they fix that in the new games.

I must say that I'm really excited for the new body shaping tools. They should have had this earlier.

And, Athena, they are making new changes to house building. It should be easier to place and change. I'm hoping that this is also really cool, because I suck at making houses. Mine are too big and odd looking when I finish. It's very unpolished.

So, The Sims 4 comes out next week!

Anyone else as excited as I am? I will have my new computer set up by release day in order to play it. I am a bit sad about the missing toddlers and pools. But, I am excited about how the emotion system will work. The graphics will take some getting used to.

Have any of you preordered? Or, will you wait to buy? Or, are you not going to buy it?

I can't wait for the new Murder Simulator comes out. Is there a new way to kill sims now. My favorite gamemode is All Star Danger House. Where you get all of your old sims who have won Danger House and see who is the true survivor. Danger house is a place full of things that can kill you, and the owner of the house is a cruel god.

Fun for the family.

Back