Discussion The Shiny Hunting Thread

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
I was hunting Necrozma after finishing the UB post game and happened across a shiny Machop which was nice :)
Didn't involve any sense of chaining or reduction to the shiny chance so I feel great!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I'm hunting a Shiny Minior, but it's a pain since they all know Self-Destruct...

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I'm hunting a Shiny Minior, but it's a pain since they all know Self-Destruct...
You just have to use a Pokémon with the ability Damp ;)

I still have yet to find my shiny Crabrawler, though I will keep my head high, as I enter my third chain, and hopefully it'll come this time :D

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Just posting this here since it's relevant, but the Tapus, the Box Legends, the Ultra Beasts, Necrozma, and the mythicals are all shiny-locked.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Just traded my Tapu Bulu, which is modest natured so has no competitive value for a Shiny Alolan Raichu, which turned out to be Modest Natured also!

Thank you GTS, that trade was worth it :)

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I've been using Damp now for a day (courtesy of Golduck) but now as have a new problem. Minior can't call allies, which means the only way to get shiny Minior is full odds. Oh well. I know what I'm hunting next though:

-Shiny Mareanie
-Shiny Oricorio (Baile)
-Shiny Yungoos [or Gumshoos]

EDIT: I'll be hunts these as well:

-Shiny Alolan Vulpix
-Shiny Sandygast

Last edited:

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
I found a Shiny Pikipek recently using the S.O.S method (26 chain). might continue on my Shiny Fomantis hunt (got to a 300+ chain)

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Seeing as Lurantis ended up as my best member I'm gonna hunt for a lime green one after finishing up the UB post game and the Pokédex.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I plan to SOS Hunt for a Shiny Rockruff sometime. Its shiny form is apparently blue, so I might end up calling it Sonic. After Rockruff, I may hunt for Pichu, Fomantis, or Mimikyu, as those are some of my favourite Pokémon catchable in Gen 7.

Last edited:

TheRealBro..

I found a Shiny Pikipek recently using the S.O.S method (26 chain). might continue on my Shiny Fomantis hunt (got to a 300+ chain)

Still hunting for a shiny Stufful (can't resist the weird looking orange red panda). A 26 chain was really lucky I guess, I'm at 120 right now spanning over 3 days but only pink bears so far.. Wonder what the probability is after a certain number?

Good luck with the Fomantis!

Edit; I just read somewhere that the length of the chain actually doesn't matter. A chain is a chain so after the first call for help the increased chances will stay the same (about 1:512)

Last edited:

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
I was looking for a Snorlax (As far as I know they can be SOS'd in via Caterpie), and after about 20 minutes I found a Shiny Caterpie!

Pictures coming later.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Currently hunting a Shiny Mareanie. I'm around 400 SOS calls in so far. Hoping it's not too much longer.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Caught the Shiny Mareanie after a whopping 934 SOS calls. It's beautiful. Next up, Shiny Oricorio (Baile)!

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Caught the Shiny Mareanie after a whopping 934 SOS calls. It's beautiful. Next up, Shiny Oricorio (Baile)!
I would recommend hunting the Pa'u or Pom-Pom style and use Red Nectar on it since the Oricorio's on Ula Ula know Roost and Teeter Dance which make chaining a nightmare