• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

The Shadows Are Cursed (Chandelure)

TFP

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I've been missing the now unlimited Dodrio (UD) in conjunction with Cursed Shadows Chandelure. Thus, I'm looking for the best modified alternative available right now. I've briefly tried some Chandelure/Vanilluxe variations but they always seem a bit clunky to me. So we've been trying out Darkrai for the moment but yeah....Looking at it now, this is probably bad....Any advice/help is appreciated.

Pokemon (12)
4-2-4 Chandelure (Cursed Shadow)
2 Darkrai EX

Supporters (13)
3 Cheren
3 Colress
4 N
3 Skyla

Trainers (24)
1 Computer Search
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Max Potion
3 Rare Candy
1 Super Rod
2 Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Rescue Scarf

Stadium (3)
3 Virbank City Gym

Energy (8)
8 Dark

Obviously the goal is just to get Chandelures out as fast as possible and start getting off cursed shadow at least twice a turn.

EDIT:

Pokemon (12)
3-1-3 Chandelure (Promo - PS - NV)
3 Darkrai EX
2 Sableye

Supporters (11)
3 Bianca
3 N
2 Juniper
3 Skyla

Trainers (25)
1 Computer Search
4 Dark Patch
2 Escape Rope
2 Max Heal
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Random Receiver
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Dark Claw

Energy (12)
12 Dark

If Darkrai is your only attacker you may need to run more than 2 probably 3-4 to be safe and run Driftblim from Dragons Exalted and enhanced Hammer + at least 1-2 Sableye. you may also need energy retrieval to get back lost energy. It may seem more like a hammer deck but this my just help the deck.The reason I say this is because I like Darkrai a lot but what I`m running right now witch you could look at it`s the Keldeo/Blastoise/Team Plasma.
Hope I helped with the deck :p

Yeah Ive definitely been thinking about Sableye. Will probably swap in 1-2, should def help with items when im stalling or dont have 2 Chandys out yet. Honestly, I could attack with Darkrai but with only 8 Energies and me needing at least 2-3 of those for retreating others, im not even really looking to attack with Darkrai unless I have no choice or I get a hand full of energies. He seems to be more useful for his ability.

I run this deck way differently. For me, it's a 3-1-3 line with 3 Darkrai EX and 2 Sableye. Another thing is that I have Dark Patch engine, Dark Claw, and 4 Escape Rope. The best way to utilize Chandelure is to have two on bench, retreat Darkrai into one, ten Escape Rope back (doing 140 Damage total. Or if you have two Switchs/E.R, you can do 170 total. It's actually a Tier 3 deck IMO because it can hold it's own against any deck, except Speed Darkrai (curse their Sableye's!)

yah but the problem I have with that is it`s free retreat with darkrai and it`s a little to predictable because everybody who runs darkrai is pretty much doing just that true?

Made some adjustments with Emopandas tips. Seems to be working better too.

Pokemon (12)
3-1-3 Chandelure (Promo - PS - NV)
3 Darkrai EX
2 Sableye

Supporters (11)
3 Bianca
3 N
2 Juniper
3 Skyla

Trainers (25)
1 Computer Search
4 Dark Patch
2 Escape Rope
2 Max Heal
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Random Receiver
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Dark Claw

Energy (12)
12 Dark

I think Lasers kind of defeats the purpose of Chandelure. There's your extra three damage counters right there.

Back