Finished The Seagull's Apprentice Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
There is 1 T. This will add $800 to your total.

You spin again... $700. You have 36 hours to pick a letter.

Beane: $2200 ($5200)
Van Veacesalv Dulca: $0 ($5300)
Beleren: $2400 ($2400)

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 4 - Conclusion
Um...I'd, uh, like to guess the phrase...bathing my dog?
"Congratulations Mr. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer), you’ve won the second solve round, winning you a $2000 for solving, in addition to the $2900 you won while guessing. Here are the current overall standings:"

Beane: $7900
Van Veacesalv Dulca: $5300
Beleren: $0

"And with that, this short version of Wheel of Fortune is over, with Mr. Beane coming out on top, winning the third and final spot in the Final 3. Apologies to Mr. Dulca (@Vracken) and Mr. Beleren (@Fiery_Lugia), but you have both been eliminated from competition. Mr. Beleren, you leave this competition with 5th place, consider yourself proud. Mr. Van Veacesalv Dulca, you may not have been on my team but you were quite the hilarious character. You leave the competition with 4th place."

Mr. Aliaksandrson (@TOTAL_EPICNESS), Ms. Commoda (@NinjaPenguin), and Mr. Beane. You are the only 3 remaining contestants! It's uncertain what awaits you in the final week, but it could be anything! Be ready...

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Well boys, looks like all of us Lisa's Angels made it to the finals! <3
Let's now have a great showdown in honor of Venus! Good luck, or as Numa might say, b-bone ah for tuna? I can't quite pronounce it, but I hope you all can at least see my sentiment

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
[Another sleepless night of work kept the busy mind of Alanna Bourdelle active through the Pelopolis Autumn. The lights in the building had been shut off hours ago and all the staff had left for their homes, except for those in the remaining populated office. That is, if only one woman and the soft blue glow of a computer screen makes a room populated.

“Those imbeciles… I swear, no one can do sufficient work around here.”

She lets out an exasperated sigh and continues typing.

“Well, whatever. I’m sure everyone will thank me once this is done.”

Closing her laptop, she pushes the office chair away from her desk and gets up from it. Grabbing her bag and sliding the computer in, she reaches for the doorknob to her office and begins to twist it. Before…

“Would… Would they even thank me?”

Her grip loosens from the doorknob.
How much work had Alanna put into the company compared to the rest of the staff? This competition Mr. Mirdo proposed… She wasn’t even happy with it. He only got away with it because of his higher-up position.

All it’s doing is just slowing down the productivity of the company. She knew better than anyone, the company didn’t have time for games. No matter who was in charge.

“Ha, you’re kidding, of course it’s a good idea!” he’d say. “Obviously the guy we’re gonna hire is gonna be great!”

Alanna gained enough information to tell she wasn’t fond with any of the hires. No matter who won the competition, she wasn’t going to be happy. It was all just a waste of her time.
Her hand moved from the doorknob to unzip her bag. She walked back to her desk and took the computer out and opened it back up again.
She was done playing games. She was done wasting her time and doing thankless work for the rest of the company.

“Vincent doesn’t even deserve to be in charge here… Neither him nor his wife… Cheryl’s just as useless…”

Things needed to change. And with a click of a power button, change was already on its way.]

- - -

[The next morning, Alanna’s sleep was ended by a loud knock on her office door. Fixing her clothes after sleeping in them, she walks to the door and opens it, being met with Vincent’s usual cheerful face.

“Oh, Vincent. I have the final challenge prepared for the contestants, though there’s something I have to tell you and Cheryl before we begin. Could you two meet me in one of the old conference rooms downstairs?”

After a brief conversation and closing her office door, the desk is once again met with the soft blue glow of her laptop and filled with the sound of keystrokes.

“It’s been ten minutes”, Alanna began muttering to herself. “I should contact the finalists, as well as check in on poor Vincent.”

“What do you think is taking Alanna so long?” Cheryl tapped absentmindedly on the table of the conference room. “Do you think I should go check on her?”

Vincent looked up from his favourite book of Seagull Anatomy.
“Sure. I’m sure she’s just late though.”

Cheryl rose from her seat and gripped the doorknob of the conference room. Twist as she might, she couldn’t open the door.

“Vincent… I think we’re locked in.”

Static was heard from the conference room’s TV, and Alanna appears on the screen.

“Good morning, contestants! Welcome to your final challenge in this competition!”

Vincent looked over at Cheryl. Both could tell what the other was thinking. Surely, she wasn’t thinking of hosting this challenge all by herself?

“A warm reminder that upon winning this competition, I shall hire you into the company as your reward! With your two other hosts removed from the company, I hope the winner can do their best to make this company productive!”

…Removed? Did she… just fire them?

She couldn’t, of course she couldn’t! Everyone knew Vincent was the one in charge, the company was even named after him. But he couldn’t really do anything to object in this situation, locked in an old conference room.

“You’ll receive details on your challenge later. I hope you’re all excited to fight to become my apprentice!”

Well, certainly a strange turn of events, Vincent thought. Looks like they’ll have to get the winner to break them out, or they’ll have to find a way out during the competition. Neither of them can predict how this finale will play out...]

Last edited:

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Week Five: All the Small Things

Welcome to the last challenge, a scavenger hunt in the city of Pelopolis. You will be racing across the town to collect 6 items, each representing a previously eliminated contestant. When you have collected them all you will be returning to Mird Towers and face a final question. The first one to complete these tasks will be crowned the Seagull's Apprentice, and the final winner of this game. This challenge will ask for your best. You will have to role-play and use your stats for once, so pull up the sheets you made.
You will be given 6 Locations to travel to, each with 2 parts to visit. One of which will contain one of the necessary items, while the other will contain an optional bonus item, which can assist in your task to obtain one of the main items in another area, never the one you obtain it in. Picking the right place to be in the right time can save precious time, as you'll all be racing against each other to complete this challenge the fastest you can.

You can perform two actions during each phase. You possible actions are:
- Attempt to get the Main Item.
- Attempt to get Bonus Item
- Travel to a different location

As an example turn, you may attempt to obtain the main item, fail, and attempt again in the same phase. However, you could succeed and then attempt to obtain the bonus item, succeed, and move to a different location. Failing to obtain an item will not end the phase, however succeeding in obtaining an item will not give you another action. Your Phase will always end after 2 actions.

Whoever returns to Mird Towers first with all six items and solves the final quest will be announced the winner of The Seagull's Apprentice, and will be hired by the company.
You may submit your actions in a PM on PokéBeach or via Discord in a group with all 3 hosts.

These are the Items you have to collect:
-A Moon Rock
-A Microphone
-An Ice Cream Popsicle with an... odd handle
-A Doctors Note (Don't be off work for too long please)
-A Booster Pack of playing cards for the card game "Witchcraft"
-A Ship in a Bottle

These are the possible locations you can travel to:
- The Rich People District, Brightside
- Duke's Dumps, the town's landfill
- The Tourist Magnet Area, Hyenard
- The Commercial District, Rednex
- Professeur Blink Memorial Observatory
- 182nd Street, River Beach

Your First Phase is going to end in 48 hours, or end when everyone has submitted.
We will edit the deadline according to the activity levels for each contestant.
You have 48 hours, or until (2pm PST, 5pm EST, 10pm GMT on Tuesday the 31st of July) to choose your first location, and submit your first action for the phase.

Guidelines for this Challenge:

- Discussion between players or with anyone else regarding the game cannot be made during this challenge, inside or outside of the game. You may also not create alliance chats and existing alliance chats will be closed for the remainder of the game.

- Every player must submit during their turn. If they do not, their phase will be skipped, and they will be given an immediate inactivity warning. Please let the hosts know if you will not be able to submit during your phase.

-All actions have to be submitted in either a PM Chat with all hosts on Pokebeach or in Discord.
Masstag: @NinjaPenguin @TOTAL_EPICNESS @Jadethepokemontrainer

Last edited:

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Phase 2:
- Ms. Commoda (@NinjaPenguin) managed to acquire both the main item and bonus item at Brightside.
- Mr. Aliaksandrson (@TOTAL_EPICNESS) found the main item at Duke's Dumps.
- Mr. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer) made no moves to go anywhere during this phase, and has received a warning.

The second phase has begun, and you have 48 hours until the phase ends (5pm PST, 8pm EST, 1am GMT August 2nd, 2018). Reminder to submit all actions through a PM chat with all hosts on the forums, or through Discord.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Phase 3:
- Ms. Commoda (@NinjaPenguin) found both the main item and bonus item at Rednex.
- Mr. Aliaksandrson (@TOTAL_EPICNESS) found both the main and bonus item at Hyenard.
- Mr. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer) attempted to find the main and bonus items at Brightside, but found nothing.

The second phase has begun, and you have 48 hours until the phase ends (6pm PST, 9pm EST, 2am GMT August 4th, 2018). Reminder to submit all actions through a PM chat with all hosts on the forums, or through Discord.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Phase 4:
- Ms. Commoda (@NinjaPenguin) found the main item at Hyenard.
- Mr. Aliaksandrson (@TOTAL_EPICNESS) found the main item at Rednex.
- Mr. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer) found the main item at Brightside.

The fourth phase has begun, and you have 48 hours until the phase ends (8am PST, 11am EST, 4pm GMT August 6th, 2018). Reminder to submit all actions through a PM chat with all hosts on the forums, or through Discord.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Phase 5:
- Ms. Commoda (@NinjaPenguin) attempted to find the main item at River Beach, but found nothing.
- Mr. Aliaksandrson (@TOTAL_EPICNESS) found the main item at River Beach.
- Mr. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer) found the main item at Rednex.

The fourth phase has begun, and you have 48 hours until the phase ends (5pm PST, 8pm EST, 1am GMT August 6th, 2018). Reminder to submit all actions through a PM chat with all hosts on the forums, or through Discord.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Phase 6:
- Ms. Commoda (@NinjaPenguin) found the main item at Duke's Dumps.
- Mr. Aliaksandrson (@TOTAL_EPICNESS) found the bonus item at River Beach.
- Mr. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer) found the bonus item at Hyenard.

The sixth phase has begun, and you have 56 hours until the phase ends (7am PST, 10am EST, 3pm GMT August 7th, 2018). Reminder to submit all actions through a PM chat with all hosts on the forums, or through Discord.

Last edited:

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Phase 7:
- Ms. Commoda (@NinjaPenguin) found the bonus item at Hyenard.
- Mr. Aliaksandrson (@TOTAL_EPICNESS) found the main item at Memorial Observatory.
- Mr. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer) found the main item at Hyenard.

The seventh phase has begun, and you have 48 hours until the phase ends (1pm PST, 4pm EST, 9pm GMT August 7th, 2018). Reminder to submit all actions through a PM chat with all hosts on the forums, or through Discord.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Phase 8:
- Ms. Commoda (@NinjaPenguin) found the main item at River Beach.
- Mr. Aliaksandrson (@TOTAL_EPICNESS) attempted to find the main item at Brightside, but found nothing.
- Mr. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer) found the main item at River Beach.

The eighth phase has begun, and you have 48 hours until the phase ends (3pm PST, 6pm EST, 11pm GMT August 7th, 2018). Reminder to submit all actions through a PM chat with all hosts on the forums, or through Discord.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Phase 9:
- Ms. Commoda (@NinjaPenguin) found the main item at Memorial Observatory, and has found all 6 main items! She moves on to the final challenge.
- Mr. Aliaksandrson (@TOTAL_EPICNESS) found the main item at Brightside, and has found all 6 main items! He moves on to the final challenge.
- Mr. Beane (@Jadethepokemontrainer) found the main item at Duke's Dumps.

The eighth phase has begun, and you have 48 hours (subject to change) until the phase ends (10pm PST, 1am EST, 6am GMT August 7th, 2018). Reminder to submit all actions through a PM chat with all hosts on the forums, or through Discord.

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
From her office, Alanna picks up her phone.
“An announcement has to be made. Call the competitors back to the towers.”

Placing the phone back in its receiver, she spins back around in her office chair to face the competitor in her office.
“Well, that looks like it’s everything. Miss Lisa Commoda? Welcome to mirdtrans.inc. My name is Alanna Bourdelle, and starting today I’ll be your new boss. Please wait outside, so I can call in the others and tell them how disappointed I am in them.”

Leaving the office, Lisa couldn’t help but feel a little concerned for the others, but she did win the competition fair and square. She’d have less time to spread the message of love if she spent her time here worrying.

"D-did I win? Well, I'd first like to thank Venus for being my cause and guide throughout this, Numa for being the best distant ancestor a girl can have, and my dragon family for making be as tough and resilient as I could be even when I was feeling down. I'm thankful also to my Angels for helping me get where I now am! Boys, you'll all have a special place in my heart (and if any of you want, I can set up true lover for you whenever you want! <3)
I'm honored to accept this position and help spread my message of love through cereal across the world! Thank you all!"

- -

The Seagull’s Apprentice: Conclusion
Results:
For being the first player to complete the Scavenger Hunt, as well as the three boards of Unequal, Lisa Commoda (@NinjaPenguin) is the winner of The Seagull’s Apprentice! Congratulations!

Host's Thoughts:
mirdo:
"I had this vision for this game for a long time. I've teased it for a while, here we are a bit later, and its completely wrapped up. I've learned a lot about how Forum Games work, and bout how I as a person work with these kind of things. I was able to get creative. Pretty much all of the base ideas have been mine and I believe that lead to the game being (despite not being flawless by any means) at least unique compared to many other Forum Games.
I want to give a huge thanks to my co-hosts. This would be probably been canceled if not for them.
I just hoped everybody enjoyed this game. Maybe the series will make a return some day, maybe a bit different. Maybe with new hosts. Maybe not even with me hosting it, but someone completely different? Who knows. Time will tell.
Congrats to Ms. Commoda for taking it. A well deserved victory across the competition."

Violet:
"This game was a wonderful opportunity for me to write for, and I had a lot of fun writing the flavour you’ve seen in the update posts, as well as for all of Week 3, and some of Week 5. The highlights of this game came from the characters people made, and I think some of my favourite moments from the game came from the characters and how they interacted with the others. I had even been discussing with the other hosts which characters I liked the most and wanted to see the most of. I’m glad some of you had as much fun playing your characters as I did writing the foundation for the game they were in!"

Lorde:
"Hello competitors, thanks for playing the game! The Seagull’s Apprentice was a really interesting game to watch unfold. From the perspective of a veteran host, I can’t say I’ve seen a game like this one before. Violet and mirdo are first-time hosts, at least with this site, so I’m sure we all have different outlooks on how it went and what can be improved. The game had its issues, namely the week-to-week based planning (which is what caused long waits), but everything produced was well-crafted and I’m glad to see a well-polished game finally come to a close. Working with the two of them has been a pleasurable roller coaster ride. It’s been real. This is Lorde, co-hostess of The Seagull’s Apprentice, signing off."

- -

Later that day, packing up her bag to leave, Ms. Commoda happened to notice an old conference room with the lights still on. Peeking through the window, she laid eyes on Vincent and Cheryl sleeping in the chairs.

Aww, Mirdy and Cheryl have locked themselves in a room together? How cute a couple! I say we just leave them alone so they can get all the time together that they want.”

The two fell asleep behind that locked door that night, though one can only imagine they were able to get out the next day.

Thanks for playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.