RMT The Rise of the Green Knight

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod

Hi everyone. I decided to make a team and heard so much about the new core of Gallade-Mega and Bisharp + Rotom-W so here is my take on that. Share your thoughts :)

gallade-mega.jpg

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute

The wallbreaker and set up sweeper. Gallade can perform well at the beginning middle and late game. all depends on the opponent's team. 110 speed puts him in great speed tier but it is still outsped by lots of old and new threats such as Greninja, has a lot of trouble against priority specially BB and really cannot allow himself to get burned or paralyzed. For those reasons Substitute is here replacing Knock Off from my previous set as Gallade's STAB's are usually enough to wallbreak or sweep as SD+165 base attack stat gives him insane power. MGallade finds many opportunities to set a Sub as the opponent is forced to make a switch into his MGallade's checks. Knock Off were used kind of as the same way by hitting checks on the switch and removing their item but after playing more with Sub it is better to use against many threats and it is more suited for those who are hoping to set up and make a sweep. I first started with Psycho Cut on this set, for the better accuracy, but Zen Headbutt is arguably better thanks to more power and 20% flinch chance+ not that bad 90 accuracy. Max ev's in attack and speed with jolly nature so MGallade can tie with other 110 speed tier mons.
Sub cannot always save MGallade and as I said, he really needs help against fast mons and priority users plus his famous counter- MSableye makes MGallade to switch the hell out so he also need some Fairy help.
For those things and more, here are the chosen partners:

bisharp.gif

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit/ Aerial Ace

Great partner as both of them covers each other weaknesses and put great offensive pressure on the opponent. Bisharp traps Lati@s destroys Sylveon and Clefable with Iron Head and checks a lot of speedy mons with priority Sucker Punch. Knock Off provides even more offensive pressure by hitting very hard many Pokemon on the switch and removes their item. Defiant welcomes Intimidate users and makes Bisharp have a lot of fun time with sticky web teams.
Aerial Ace suggested by Uralya can work really great luring Chesnaught and Keldeo
Pursuit is still very good option to trap not only Lati@s but also low hp mon trying to switch out hoping for a better match up later.

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch

Stops Talonflame checks Greninja spreads burns + T-Wave for support against fast mons or MCharizard-X so my MGallade can outspeed the opponent later. Volt switch helps a lot after that to gain momentum. Pain Split can be missed sometimes but T-Wave is really good for MGallade that can make the difference in many match ups and I usually finds it way more helpful on this team. Will-O-Wisp is still here to spread burns on non-fire type physical offensive threats.

latias.gif

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Bulky Defogger when I find the need to remove hazards but mainly exist in this team to use Healing Wish and give a teammate another chance to battle. this thing allows me to heal MGallade and Bisharp if they got burned or paralyzed . allows me to heal Rotom-W and open for me the option to run T-Wave instead of the unreliable Pain Split, and so on. Its just feel mandatory to have her in this team but thats not all. Psyshock and Draco Meteor are very helpful to hit some dragons checks and Fighting types.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Lando creates together with Rotom-W the great Volt-Turn core which can help a lot to prepare the ground for my sweepers and wall-breakers. Lando also provides the much needed Stealth Rock to support the team, making lots of nice OHKO's instead of 2HKO's (+2 252 Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 282-332 (93.3 - 109.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock) Stone Edge is for Talonflame mainly ( and NoGuard MPidgeot lol ) but also can be used to hit as hard as possible levitate and flying targets. Intimidate is wonderful for my team to force fast physical threats out. 8 speed ev's are for out-speeding standard Rotom-W to scout with U-Turn if needed and Magnezone. 8 ev's on SpD prevent being OHKO'd by MegaMan's HP Ice at full hp

clefable.gif

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower

The Special sweeper , The answer to MSableye The burns and toxics absorber.. Clefable is one of the top partners MGallade can have as she can do all that and more-Flamethrower gives a source of Fire move for my team to deal with Ferrothorn. EV's were changed in order to prevent being 2HKO'd by some key threats, as Uralya suggested me, with Calm nature such as Hydro Pump Greninja. Clefable works also great for dealing with Latios, which can make the loss of Knock Off on MGallade and Pursuit on Bisharp, if I am going for Ariel Ace, less painful.​

Very nice team here, scattered mind! It looks so much like one of my ladder teams that it isn't funny - the difference is basically that I prefer more offense in trade for Landorus-T or Clefable (depends on the version).

Firstly, I'd like you to expand your descriptions for Gallade/Rotom-W/Clefable. Yes, they are rather standard, but it helps with the team's look.

Now, onto the individual Pokemon...

Gallade: Gallade can viably run Substitute over Knock Off or Swords Dance on this team, with Bisharp covering the Knock Off use. This change would improve your matchup against offensive teams and opposing Bisharp, who is a threat outside of Landorus-T. This is largely your call, but I like it. Otherwise, this is a perfect set.

Bisharp: Once again, a standard set it is, but running Aerial Ace over Pursuit is nice to have insurance against Keldeo and Chesnaught - your Latias is offensive and has the chance to sacrifice itself, so it may be worn down or out. Also, Pursuit's main targets - Chansey and Lati@s - are well-handled by Gallade and Clefable respectively, so there's less need overall.

Rotom-W: I like your use of Thunder Wave here, but do you miss Pain Split? Also, you should switch the HP and Defense EVs to maximize your overall bulk.

Latias: Latias is a smart partner for this core, so kudos. I would heavily consider Psyshock over HP Fire in order to combat the Fighting-types you'll take on - with Gallade and Clefable, Ferrothorn isn't as big of a problem. This is a decision to be made based on how you typically handle Ferrothorn/Scizor tbh.

Landorus-T: Why do you run Rock Slide over Stone Edge? Despite having better accuracy, I would go for the more powerful option. Knock Off is also viable, but I guess you have that part covered. The EV spread also needs to be changed to 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe (Impish). This spread keeps physical bulk while tanking Mega Manectric's HP Ice (prevents OHKO) and outspeeding neutral Magnezone and Rotom-W still.

Clefable: The Fairy spot on Gallade teams is pretty much a toss-up. You have Sylveon and other Clefable sets, but CMfable is very solid. Picking Flamethrower over Fire Blast is best, as you've probably figured out (it already OHKOs a lot at +1, like Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn). The only change I can suggest here is the EV spread to Calm 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD to survive 2HKOs from LO Thundurus-I (Tbolt), LO Latios (Psyshock), LO Greninja (Hydro Pump), and so on without boosts.

Again, great team, and it's nice to see another Gallade user around. Best of luck, and I hope this post helps you :D

Thanks Uralya ! Changed the things you suggested and added a little more notes here and there
Really improved the team :) (Sub+SD on MGallade is insanely good)
Rotom-W's EV's got switched somehow thanks for noticing so that got fixed.

Glad to hear that! :) How have you done with it on the Showdown ladder/etc. so far?

Also, there are two things I missed on the initial rate. In case you haven't done so already, reduce any Attack IVs to 0 on your special attackers to lessen Confusion and Foul Play damage. Then, on Gallade, Zen Headbutt should be used over Psycho Cut because of the power boost (accuracy loss is negligible) and the flinch chance to go along with Gallade's speed tier.

Hello, team looks great. Like seriously, no comments. However, imo accuracy is more important than power (not telling you to run ember over fire blast), so I would run Rock Slide over Stone Edge, and keep Psycho Cut.
Again, nice team!

I can understand not wanting to run Stone Edge, although generally I'd advise against it due to missing specific KO's, but please never run Psycho Cut over Zen Headbutt when ZH still has 90 accuracy, but with more power than PC.

Uralya said:
Glad to hear that! :) How have you done with it on the Showdown ladder/etc. so far?

Also, there are two things I missed on the initial rate. In case you haven't done so already, reduce any Attack IVs to 0 on your special attackers to lessen Confusion and Foul Play damage. Then, on Gallade, Zen Headbutt should be used over Psycho Cut because of the power boost (accuracy loss is negligible) and the flinch chance to go along with Gallade's speed tier.

I am very pleased with the team overall as it has a really good synergy and I'v been doing great so far on the ladder except some threats like SubDD lum berry Gyarados. ( crazy threat )

Added the 0 IV's on my special attackers (Forgot to mention that ) + Replaced Psycho Cut for Zen Headbutt + added more notes again here and there.
Thanks again :)

Vom said:
Hello, team looks great. Like seriously, no comments. However, imo accuracy is more important than power (not telling you to run ember over fire blast), so I would run Rock Slide over Stone Edge, and keep Psycho Cut.
Again, nice team!

Thank you very much ! :) I agree that sometimes accuracy can be really more viable then power and Rock Slide is still very viable. Stone Edge just has a lot more power that is important for me against some threats I noticed while laddering. ( Same for Zen Headbutt but also that flinch chance )

Cinesra said:
I can understand not wanting to run Stone Edge, although generally I'd advise against it due to missing specific KO's, but please never run Psycho Cut over Zen Headbutt when ZH still has 90 accuracy, but with more power than PC.

Yes I felt it on my own in some battles, so that has been changed. Its not like Psycho Cut is THAT weaker then ZH but Zen Headbutt's 20% flinch chance are very good. Still , Psycho Cut is great for its accuracy and increased crit chance, so it is really comes down to personal preference imo.

Back